PDA

View Full Version : Coil Over Kit

gordelis
06-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking into lowering my car and budget is tight right now.
Koni Strt and ford K springs are in the 550+ range.
Browsing for better prices, I found this.
What's do you think about it?

PS: This is for a DD car, with over 70 miles total daily commute. :-)

http://www.dallasmustang.com/mustang-parts/product/Coil-Over-Kit-2005-2014-Front-Rear-Complete-Kit-Steeda/19168

Rebelracer568
06-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Looks like a good kit. Thanks for posting I'm going to look at getting some for my car. Steeda is well know in the road racing world for building some outstanding street/track suspension packages. Several people in here are running coil over suspensions on daily drivers. From what I hear they all love em.

03MachMe
06-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Looks like a good kit. Steeda knows their stuff and tokico are great shocks and struts.

ThatImpact
06-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Why not just lower the car? With springs only not new struts and everything I got mine lowered around like $150
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-springs-0513gt.html

ThatImpact
06-29-2013, 02:51 PM
It's a 1.5" drop all the way around and it would save you some money for the time being

gordelis
06-29-2013, 06:21 PM
I thought about it, but my car has over 40k miles already. Not sure how much more the stock one would last.

Pat McCrotch
07-02-2013, 01:42 AM
Call before you order. This may be too good to be true. I have been wanting a coilover kit for some time now, and when I saw this for 700, I was just about to hit the confirm order button, then decided to look into it a little better.
Dallas Mustang add says, "Coil Over Kit, 2005-2014, Front & Rear, Complete Kit, Steeda" but look at the MFG part number they also list on this add.
This part # on Steeda website( http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-s197-mustang-coil-over-system.html ) shows "Part # 555-8126 - Complete Rear Adjustable Ride Height System with D-Spec Shocks "
I will be calling Dallas Mustang to find out if it is just the Rears, or the whole package including front. If it is both front and rear, I will be getting these....
OP, thanks for posting the link for the sale...

merlinmol
07-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Why not just lower the car? With springs only not new struts and everything I got mine lowered around like $150

You have to do more than just springs, if you don't do struts the ride is going to suck bad (which in my opinion the ride already sucks in the stock mustang). You also need to get an adjustable panhard bar/rod to re-center the rear axle since it shifts when you drop the car. Most people will also recommend lower control arms and relocation brackets at the same time, but they are not required.

Call before you order. This may be too good to be true. I have been wanting a coilover kit for some time now, and when I saw this for 700, I was just about to hit the confirm order button, then decided to look into it a little better.
Dallas Mustang add says, "Coil Over Kit, 2005-2014, Front & Rear, Complete Kit, Steeda" but look at the MFG part number they also list on this add.
This part # on Steeda website( http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-s197-mustang-coil-over-system.html ) shows "Part # 555-8126 - Complete Rear Adjustable Ride Height System with D-Spec Shocks "
I will be calling Dallas Mustang to find out if it is just the Rears, or the whole package including front. If it is both front and rear, I will be getting these....
OP, thanks for posting the link for the sale...

If you guys find out this is inaccurate, BC Racing Coilover's are around the 900 mark for the full set, Midnight11 had coilover's on his car til recently, cannot remember what brand but his were also under 1k.

Toby
07-02-2013, 09:03 AM
That's us a nice kit. To answer your question yes it is the front and rear. The front includes the shock and coil over assembly where the rear is simply an adjustable lower perch and a new spring. You adjust the ride height by adjusting the lower perch. The front is a common coil over type setup.

jayman33
07-02-2013, 12:59 PM
The BC coilover system is pretty decent for the cost, add swift springs and the ride is much, much better.
Another good option is the ST suspension coilover kit which is made by KW and is basically an exact replica for the KW V1's without the stainless strut and shock bodies. We have both at a great cost.

Dark Pony
07-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Nic had D2 coilovers on his car, which are now on my car. I like them pretty well. I've also had several different suspensions set ups on my car. I had Koni Yellows before and loved them.