PDA

View Full Version : Nothing aginst Bama tunes but thay suck.TS your Rock

JesseJames5.0
06-28-2013, 10:02 PM
So let me tell you.... I buy my 2013 gt mustang do an airraid cai,off road X Pipe and a mufler kit. I get my sct programer with 3 bama tunes. The car runs like shit I call them 10 times and all thay want to do is keep sending out the same messed up tunes... at this time my car is miss firing the check engine light is on and I had enough....I call true street thay get me right in for a new tune. Furst pull on bama tunes 353hp ok im like dam I need to mod this thing that sucks...... 3 pulls later and some hard work 405hp car runs like a champ... tim at ts will confirm the hole story TS is amazing thaey were there for me the whole way. They did not just take my money and show me to the waiting room to wait. No thay invited me in to the shop and quoted me every ridiculous mod I asked for. Mabe bama does not suck mabe TS just has it right and thay will earn my every dollar....

Sieran
06-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Ugh, stop tempting me. I loved my GTI after i got my APR tune... resisting tuning this beast at all costs. It will start a snowball of mods.

JesseJames5.0
06-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Even if you just do the tune it is well worth it... Ford left a lot on the table

Zeek
06-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I have your setup on Bama tunes and it runs great and dynoed 410 at TS like a month ago.....Idk what's up with yours.

Pepperinyoureye
06-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Idk what was messed up but I dynoed 402 to the wheels on True Streets dyno on a shitty hot/humid day with only Bama 93 tune and Air Raid intake. Now with an x pipe and new tune the car runs even better. I would recommend them to anyone. Glad your car is working out okay now but 405 is pretty damn low for those mods and having a dyno tune.

Zeek
06-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Idk what was messed up but I dynoed 402 to the wheels on True Streets dyno on a shitty hot/humid day with only Bama 93 tune and Air Raid intake. Now with an x pipe and new tune the car runs even better. I would recommend them to anyone. Glad your car is working out okay now but 405 is pretty damn low for those mod and having a dyno tune.

Agreed tell em to turn it up!

Toby
06-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Lets not forget it was over 100* in the shop that day...

re-rx7
06-29-2013, 09:17 AM
I have bama tunes and the car runs great besides the a/c and trans.

Oxford14Stang
06-29-2013, 09:28 AM
I have no complaints about bama, obviously they're not going to give you the best power out of your car but they get you by most of the time. Does TS give lifetime tunes like bama? ;)

JDBishopArts
06-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Bama, from what I've seen makes some of the best can tunes out there but I'll say it again, NOTHING beats a custom tune. Nothing. Spend the money and do it. TS has had great tunes come out of their shop. Kevin (04Sleeper) did my custom tune on the street and I love it. Very strong.

re-rx7
06-29-2013, 10:35 AM
When it comes time Im taking a drive down to lethal performance.

Zeek
06-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I asked Kevin and he said he wasn't doing them for the new 5.0s :( well that was like 5 months ago maybe he's started doing em.

Rebelracer568
06-29-2013, 11:59 AM
I use Bama tunes on my car. I had a few issue in using them for 2 years. Had 1 faulty tune and had to update a tune. Other than that its been great. Yes I know I'm leaving a lot on the table but will be at gear heads I few weeks getting a custom tune. Customer service from Bama been great haven't had any issues with them.

Luke
06-29-2013, 12:35 PM
I use Bama tunes on my car. I had a few issue in using them for 2 years. Had 1 faulty tune and had to update a tune. Other than that its been great. Yes I know I'm leaving a lot on the table but will be at gear heads I few weeks getting a custom tune. Customer service from Bama been great haven't had any issues with them.

What made you choose gearheads?

Oxford14Stang
06-29-2013, 01:00 PM
I'll be going with gear heads as well. Travis over there knows what he is doing and have heard nothing but good stuff about him. Plenty of experience on top of that. Matt his front counter guy is great too. And their dyno pulls are only $35 lol. Overall its a very friendly environment there and even our dealership uses them

Luke
06-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Is Travis actually tuning the car? I know they used to have a good reputation just haven't heard much about them lately. I took a car there a while back and the tune was definitely lacking. Had a couple other issues as well so I just moved on. Shitty deal in my opinion as it was a trade for work job for his race car. Again, I'm not knocking their shop, this was just my experience and I felt I didn't get what I asked for.

Oxford14Stang
06-29-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah I hear you man. Honestly I'm not 100% sure. But they told us "Travis will tune it for this dollar amount" we will get a good deal since we were in uniform and our dealer has used them a few times.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
06-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Glad we could help, Let us know if you have any questions

Rebelracer568
06-29-2013, 05:11 PM
I was told by Matt that Travis will be tuning my car. As far as ther reputation I haven't heard anything but every place has there problems I can go all day long on hpp, speedtek and others. But gears heads is giving me a good deal on dyno tune for my car. I'm still not 100% certain I'm going there. But I need to make a choice in few weeks

JDBishopArts
06-29-2013, 05:50 PM
I used Gearheads a while back with my old Cobra. I knew/know Travis and asked him specifically to be the one to tune it and it was great. I was always dealing with him and always had great service. The guys at TS are awesome too. Great guys that know their stuff.

downtime!
06-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Travis is the only person at GH that does tunes, so he will be tuning your car. Before I went with the blower, they did the N/A tune on the car, and with lt's we ended up at 435. Car went a best of 11.67 with that tune on it. Travis does good work, but he has one small issue in almost every tune he's done for me, and that's the idle tip in setting (where you car is transition back on to the idle circuit, like coming to a stop at a red light or stop sign). He either gets it too low and the car will die occasionally, or he gets it too high and the car will actually rev up a bit when you push in the clutch. Other than that, I've never had an issue with any car that Travis has tuned for me. Matt is a great guy too, but he lost my business when I asked him to put together a quote for a new engine and trans for my old '85 Capri, and never heard back from him. Guess they didn't need my $8000 that week, so HPP ended up putting the KB on the '12 instead.

Pepperinyoureye
06-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Its not leaving that much on the table I put 402 whp with only an air raid intake on a hot ass humid day that everyone was dynoing like shit. I can't really expect much more even from a dyno tune. 40 HP gain is not bad.

Oxford14Stang
06-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah that's pretty good pepper. I put down 358 and 331 w/ %70 humidity with just axle back on the car. I now have my cai & tune and I'm waiting for a better day to redyno to see were I'm at. I'm hoping to see 400+ otherwise I may take Steve's place as the "slowest 5.0" lol

JesseJames5.0
06-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Lets all keep in mind a few things first... I drove the car like I stole it for over 78 miles to get there. it was mid day pushing over 100° so a 40 hp gain on a heat soaked car is a dam good job... more mods = more hp witch leads to more tuning witch will be done in the evening where we can see better results

G-Mann
07-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Numbers seem a bit high for SAE if you ask me. STD I would say they are spot on.

I ran a bama tune for about 10k miles and put down 408 STD. I still like them as a early choice when your still trying to figure out your mods

I Had to ditch Bama when I got my headers and started throwing engine code and bama's only fix was to turn sensors off and not be emissions compliant.

I've been running a travis tuned car for going on a year now. Travis was able to tune the car to 421 STD without throwing any codes

I had travis retune about a month ago after I added the Boss Intake and it
turned out pretty damn sweet. Sweet enough in fact for my 33k mile mustang to stomp a mud hole in the azz of a brand new blue 2013 SRT 392 last Saturday. Dude was running around here like he was king of the road, now he my court jester.

After Travis worked his magic, 439.3 RWTQ and 404.2 rwtq STD's (I had to go STD to make the 400 400 club) and whoever told you that you lose torque with the boss intake, never had their shit tuned by travis

My Real/SAE numbers are 422.2 rwhp 388.4 rwtq

JOHNGT
07-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Bama 2 years ago made good tunes. That's what I'm on now. From what I've seen lately from there tunes on everyone else's they have the wrong people doing there tunes so any other mod I do, I'll be getting a dyno tune from ts. I may end up getting them to dyno tune it anyways because it does need an adjustment.

Rebelracer568
07-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I ran bama several years there good for the money. Had car dyno tuned by travis on performance tune I made 412hp sae. Travis from gear heads got my car to 432hp sae numbers and car was driven 50 miles to travis. Its was 100 degrees and humidity was high. very happy with work from gear heads

kanetrain
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM
I ran the Bama tunes on my car from ~4k miles to ~12k miles and it ran great. No problems at all, even when I added mods and needed new tunes, no problems.