PDA

View Full Version : I really am beginning to hate this car.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Fucking tranny is going and today the a/c barely blows cold. Goin dwn the hey it's bearable. At a stoplight I sweat my ass off. 34k miles and this car is shit. My imports I owned never had so much trouble. 80k on my rsx not one damn thing wrong. 99eclipse Gst ran perfect 140k miles. Pissed!

svt-eric
06-28-2013, 05:08 PM
quit driving the shit out of it lol

not all cars are perfect from the factory

jng2985
06-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Change fluids one... From an 09 fx4 the ac sucked!!! My shit right now is intermittent

Courtesy Flush
06-28-2013, 05:14 PM
Need i remind you today is one of the hottest day of the summer we've had thus far. Triple digit heat can cause some strange things and make a possibly already weak component more noticeable.

OG Fox
06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Fucking tranny is going and today the a/c barely blows cold. Goin dwn the hey it's bearable. At a stoplight I sweat my ass off. 34k miles and this car is shit. My imports I owned never had so much trouble. 80k on my rsx not one damn thing wrong. 99eclipse Gst ran perfect 140k miles. Pissed!

so you're still under warranty. Take it to the dealership.

Junkie
06-28-2013, 05:18 PM

lol you were nutswinging how amazing the car was last week.

Grandpa
06-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Need i remind you today is one of the hottest day of the summer we've had thus far. Triple digit heat can cause some strange things and make a possibly already weak component more noticeable.

I agree. Going out with a high compression motor'd car right now blasting the AC is asking a lot of the car right now. Take it easy, keep the RPM's low if you have to drive around right now. I won't even leave for the meet tonight until its starting to get dark.

DirtyD
06-28-2013, 05:25 PM
My ac did the same last night. Turn it off for a few second, then turn it back on with the fan speed on low. It will blow cold.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Ever since its been above 90 the Ac has been sucking ass not just today. When it's hot I don't ask a lot of the car. Never go above 4k rpm. Never. I used to own a rotary remember! Lol it's just a lot of shot for a 2yo car to have go wrong. I change the oil, fluids just like specified maybe more lol.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 05:44 PM
My ac did the same last night. Turn it off for a few second, then turn it back on with the fan speed on low. It will blow cold.

That's sounded like a compressor freezing up.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 05:46 PM
lol you were nutswinging how amazing the car was last week.

Idk Will it just hit me all at once. The Ac I thought was my imagination. Nope it wasn't. In perspective the 2013 accord my girl drives is A ok!

DirtyD
06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Mine has been blowing perfectly cold even with sitting in the sun uncovered all day at work.

OG Fox
06-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Idk Will it just hit me all at once. The Ac I thought was my imagination. Nope it wasn't. In perspective the 2013 accord my girl drives is A ok!

why dont you take it in for service.:yuno:

JDMLOL
06-28-2013, 06:25 PM
When it's in the triple digits it's tough for any ac to blow icecold. I can't remember the scientific reasoning, but I remember one of the hvac supervisors at my old job giving me this long spiel on why air conditioning units begin blowing warmer after a magic number around 90 something degrees outside and that there isn't much that can be done to make them blow icecold in triple digit heat. There's got to be someone on here with hvac experience that can chime in as to what this guy was telling me.

Oxford14Stang
06-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Not a a/c tech but if I recall correctly the car a/c system will only cool about 11-15 degrees cooler than ambient temp. Its such a low difference you wouldn't believe it. Given a lot blow colder, just letting you know the allowed difference in a completely working system. But like what was mentioned before, take the car in under warranty. That's what its there for. Mine has the interior as cold as a freezer after idling for 3-5 minutes. Are your windows tinted? If not get that done asap helps it by 100% lol. Should be a Texas state law :/

rriddle3
06-28-2013, 06:56 PM
As soon as the inside temp starts to drop, change the setting to 'recirculate' and see if that helps.

JDMLOL
06-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah, something like that. He said once it gets into the 90s it will only blow around 68ish on max because of the amount a unit can drop the temp and gets warmer with every additional degree of ambient temp.

Oxford14Stang
06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
As soon as the inside temp starts to drop, change the setting to 'recirculate' and see if that helps.

Thanks for saying that forgot to say that in my last post. when you first turn your a/c on don't have it on max a/c because it will have the "recirculate" on which will take the air that's already in the cab and recirculate it. you want to roll the windows down let the hot air get out, drive around a little with the a/c on let it cool down and once the temps start dropping were you aren't sweating your ass off completely hit the "recirculate" button or "max a/c" and it'll take that cooler air and cool it off(which in theory will cool cooler air faster than it could the hot air)

Yeah, something like that. He said once it gets into the 90s it will only blow around 68ish on max because of the amount a unit can drop the temp and gets warmer with every additional degree of ambient temp.

Yes sir, that's correct. something along the lines of that I just can't remember the actual amount difference allowed. I can ask the a/c tech tomorrow to confirm the correct amount if it's important :/

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 07:25 PM
I agree with everything you guys are saying. Mines just blowing air not even really chilled. I'm taking it in Monday and leaving it until the tranny and Ac are fixed. Enough is enough.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 07:27 PM
I have my windows tinted, I use a sun shade, and roll dwn the windows when I first get in the car. It did this parked underneath my awning where I live.

Oxford14Stang
06-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Ah man, that just flat out sucks. Don't give up on ford quiet yet! I've owned nothing but fords and never had problems with them.

JDMLOL
06-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Hopefully you can get it resolved. Might have gotten a car built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon.

re-rx7
06-28-2013, 09:23 PM
That's a gd pt. Just my first domestic and all this happening feels like "I told you so". I'm hoping they can get it fixed.

Luke
06-29-2013, 07:22 AM
That sucks about your car, but be glad you don't work in 110+ with intermittent power at work

re-rx7
06-29-2013, 12:48 PM
That sucks about your car, but be glad you don't work in 110+ with intermittent power at work

I bet that sucks. Rght now im pretty much like :rage:

Selcouth
06-29-2013, 01:05 PM
I enjoy the Eskimo that sits behind my dash and throws snowballs at me in triple degree weather. :banana-mario:

Luke
06-29-2013, 02:01 PM
I bet that sucks. Rght now im pretty much like :rage:

It does but you get used to it. And I leave this shithole tomorrow, for good hopefully!

Oxford14Stang
06-29-2013, 02:08 PM
I enjoy the Eskimo that sits behind my dash and throws snowballs at me in triple degree weather. :banana-mario:

My a/c blows cold! How cold you ask? as cold as Penguin pussy LOL

re-rx7
06-29-2013, 02:25 PM
My a/c blows cold! How cold you ask? as cold as Penguin pussy LOL

Damn thats cold.:iranmaybe:

fordplay
06-30-2013, 07:45 AM
Honestly, mine is like ice, even at 101 and sitting in traffic, the fan was trying to suck the car in front of me thru the radiator but it was cold. And I leave my glass roof shade open and I don't have shade at work.. when you first get in your car and start it, turn recirculation off and leave the fan speed at half or one notch past, no more , and stay below 3,500 or 4,000 past that and it thinks you need power and turns the compressor off, when it gets cold turn recirculation back on.. you should be cold now

Dark Pony
06-30-2013, 10:30 AM
I'll sell you a transmission ;-) lol

re-rx7
06-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I'll sell you a transmission ;-) lol

I;m hoping they replace mine. Im leaving it monday and not picking it up till everything and i mean everything, is fixed.

Dark Pony
06-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I was kidding

re-rx7
06-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I was kidding

no you werent lol:console:

Dark Pony
06-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't have a normal transmission

re-rx7
06-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't have a normal transmission

Im just fucking with yuh. LOL :happy107:

Dominic Toretto
07-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I;m hoping they replace mine. Im leaving it monday and not picking it up till everything and i mean everything, is fixed.

Any word on the car from the stealership?

-Alex

re-rx7
07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Car went in today. Dad spoke with service mgr. They are evacuating and replacing the freon. The tranny will have to wait till they can order a tool they need to take it out. So bringin it back nxt week. The service mgr said that they will prolly give me a new trans just have to replace the bearing per Ford before they an request it. A to b to c kinda thing.

Grandpa
07-03-2013, 11:48 AM
A special tool to remove the trans? That should be a normal thing in a dealership. Wtf..

Dominic Toretto
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Manual transmission?

-Alex

Junkie
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
LMFAO at a special tool to remove the trans.

Dominic Toretto
07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
A special tool to remove the trans? That should be a normal thing in a dealership. Wtf..

I didn't want to go there. What stealership is this?

-Alex

DirtyD
07-03-2013, 12:05 PM
WTF? Do these special tools consist of sockets and socket wrenches? Maybe they don't have metric stuff....

What dealership is this so I can go point and laugh at their idiocy.

re-rx7
07-03-2013, 02:47 PM
They don't have the socket to remove the bolts to the trans. It's a weird looking bolt. Same as a BMW starter motor.
A/c seems to be a lot better. Nxt wk car goes in for input shaft bearing replacement. If that doesn't wrk new trans.

Dominic Toretto
07-03-2013, 03:01 PM
What stearlership?

-Alex

re-rx7
07-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Blake utter in Sherman.

Oxford14Stang
07-03-2013, 07:23 PM
My dealership comes across special required tools for these new cars all the time. More often than not its a special tool to do the tear down not the removal part. They just explain it to customers that way because its easier to understand.

re-rx7
07-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Yea I think that was it be ause they are going to replace the input shaft bearing first.

Oxford14Stang
07-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Yep!! That's it. We ran across that literally like maybe 6 months ago. We couldn't pull apart the MT82 had to wait for ford to send us the tool

re-rx7
07-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Ahh thanks for the clarification. Apparently they bought one and loaned it to there sister store and never got it back. Lol

Oxford14Stang
07-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Happens all the time. Lol

kn7671
07-05-2013, 05:54 AM
Look at the positive side, the longer you drive your car with the bearing noise, at Ford's request, the better the chance that your transmission will get replaced instead of serviced. It's not like the damage from the bad input shaft bearing will suddenly stop or get to a certain point and level off. That metal bearing will continue eating itself and circulate the contaminated oil with metal particles all throughout the transmission, essentially destroying most of the transmission in the process.

re-rx7
07-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Look at the positive side, the longer you drive your car with the bearing noise, at Ford's request, the better the chance that your transmission will get replaced instead of serviced. It's not like the damage from the bad input shaft bearing will suddenly stop or get to a certain point and level off. That metal bearing will continue eating itself and circulate the contaminated oil with metal particles all throughout the transmission, essentially destroying most of the transmission in the process.

Exactly my dad said he thinks thats what they are doing. The Transmission guy said he really hates tearing apart those transmissions. I have a 100k mile warranty so im just buying my time.

Dominic Toretto
07-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Yep!! That's it. We ran across that literally like maybe 6 months ago. We couldn't pull apart the MT82 had to wait for ford to send us the tool

... seems silly. That's a pretty ridiculous situation to have a limited number of tools for transmission service. Ford should make this tool available(at least one) per service department that they have. Not to thread jack.

-Alex

re-rx7
07-05-2013, 09:39 AM
... seems silly. That's a pretty ridiculous situation to have a limited number of tools for transmission service. Ford should make this tool available(at least one) per service department that they have. Not to thread jack.

-Alex

I think the dealer has to buy it from FOrd?