PDA

View Full Version : I got screwed

virtu
08-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Was about to make a run last night when I noticed the "Low Tire Pressure" warning popped up on the info screen when I turned the car on. Started to back out of the garage and I could immediately tell the car was not rolling the same way it normally does. I get out and discover my left rear tire is flat a pancake due to a nice pointy screw that punctured a hole in it. Had to get a buddy to run me up to the auto store to buy a plug kit. After plugging it, all is well again! Very grateful I discovered it in my driveway rather than on the side of the road in the 100 degree heat.

Phuck Phace
08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Nice valve stem caps.

DirtyD
08-06-2012, 09:06 AM
That sucks, Justin.

This is exactly why I want to buy a spare for my car.

Stupid Ford and their "Tire Mobility Kit"...

Grandpa
08-06-2012, 11:00 AM
nice valve stem caps.

lmao!

StormTrooper
08-06-2012, 11:34 AM
texas and flats, i think my girl has had 6 or 7 flats in less than a year, hell its probably more flats than that, i've had 2 since we moved down here 3 years ago and before that i only had one ever, glad she has the tire warranty plan through nissan otherwise it would be getting pretty costly cause all of them have had to be replaced :( and like you said lucky it was in your drive way cause these temps have been killer.

DirtyD
08-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I've been driving Texas roads for 8 years, have yet to have a blow out. I think I may have gotten one nail in my tire once when I lived at home in HS, but nothing since, even driving in the construction ridden North Texas...

StormTrooper
08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
I've been driving Texas roads for 8 years, have yet to have a blow out. I think I may have gotten one nail in my tire once when I lived at home in HS, but nothing since, even driving in the construction ridden North Texas...

Man you're lucky, we have never had this many tire problems until we moved down here, maybe my lady is taking some crazy roads when I'm not around.....lol

virtu
08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
The last time I got a nail in my tire was a few years back. I was driving home and my TPMS lit up indicating the left rear tire was getting low. I was literally 3 miles from the house when it warned me. When I rolled into the driveway at the house I had about 8 PSI left in the tire. Plugged it and was back on the road within half an hour.

Seems I usually have good luck when it comes to flat tires. :D

DirtyD
08-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Man you're lucky, we have never had this many tire problems until we moved down here, maybe my lady is taking some crazy roads when I'm not around.....lol
If she does a lot of shoulder/line riding, you have a lot higher chance of picking something up since the more traveled lane paths tend to stay clear of debris from constant tire use...or someone picks it up before you do. :chewie:

Rreemo
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
I got home from the dealership in my brand new GT the other night and discovered the same thing....a damned screw stuck in my left rear tire!

I had to take it back to them yesterday to have a couple small things addressed anyway, so they are going to patch it for me while it's there.

Kronis
08-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Those tire-plugging kits aren't always the best. I suppose it's okay for a quick-fix, but I always take my flats to Discount Tire where I used to work. Free flat repairs.

virtu
08-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Those tire-plugging kits aren't always the best. I suppose it's okay for a quick-fix, but I always take my flats to Discount Tire where I used to work. Free flat repairs.

I have heard this before. I have also been using them for the last 10 years on both cars and motorcycles. Have never had a single issue with any of them. Easier than having to get to Discount Tire too unless you just happen to get a flat when you are driving past one. :)