PDA

View Full Version : Problem Starting this Morning

Dominic Toretto
06-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Car is an automatic. Turned the key and the interior lights started slickering(dash lights, center console etc), and heard clicking as if the alternator was going bad. Turned it two more times and then it started. Now for the weird part, when I drove it, the transmission seemed to be stuck in "3" not drive but the stick was clearly in the "D" position. Double checked that several times. So while on the street the rpms were stuck between 1500 and 2000 depending on how much gas I was giving it. So I drove it back home. Turned it off and then restarted, put it in "D" and it drove fine. Anyone have any issues like this before?

Sorry meant to add car stats:
2012 GT Automatic
36,700 miles
No mods except axle back exhaust.

-Alex

thelandshark
06-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Ford had adaptive learning transmissions they learn how u drive and will do weird things when in this mode u prob have a bad battery and that will cause the trans to act up as its computer controled

Dominic Toretto
06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Ford had adaptive learning transmissions they learn how u drive and will do weird things when in this mode u prob have a bad battery and that will cause the trans to act up as its computer controled

I hope the battery isn't going bad but, I have wanted to put a Yellow Top in the car. Would like to learn more about the adaptive transmission. Any good sources you know with links?

-Alex

thelandshark
06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Not sure I work for ford that's how I know but I will look an see what I can.find

Dominic Toretto
06-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Not sure I work for ford that's how I know but I will look an see what I can.find

Thank you. I found this on another forum by a google search. Pretty informational.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/381953-adaptive-transmission-one-driver-only.html

-Alex