PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Grandpa
06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Ok, help me out here guys. All my past Stangs been boosted. I've had this car a year now and the current power level of fun has kinda subsided.

So what would you suggest I do? Boss intake isn't an option because my plan down the road is a Roush blower.

I thought about maybe longtubes, but I already have the Lethal H pipe.

I suppose I could hit the track up more often and dial in my driving since that is OBVIOUSLY needed. lol.

I tinted all the lights on the car only to be told last night at the meet they were going to "melt my taillights" over time. Arrrggggh! :emotions122:

For those that don't know my current mods:
- lethal h
- sportline springs
- rivet wheels
- mgw shifter
- gt500 AB

What do you think?

03MachMe
06-22-2013, 08:20 PM
What happened to paxton?

I am big on suspension now that I did the autox and would do a lot more of that if I was you. The autox is a blast and the stock power is more than enough power. If your wanting more power for drag then I would do LTs, intake and retune. Or just save it up for the roush

DirtyD
06-22-2013, 08:38 PM
I think you should do all bolts on for now, that way the car will be ready for the blower and forged internals down the road. :D

Zeek
06-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Go e85 so when you go blower your already on e85. Or just go get the vette. If could afford one is trade mine in.

jerseyjoe
06-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Do you have a tune?

svt-eric
06-22-2013, 08:56 PM
save your money and build a race car.

downtime!
06-22-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm a fan of boost, obviously, but you don't necessarily need it to have fun with the car at the track. With lt's, off road x and muffler deletes, along with the JLT cai and a Gearheads tune, I made 435 at the wheels, and eventually got the car down 11.60's at 120 in that trim. It was fun to drive and made a great daily.

After the boost, the fun factor went through the roof, but the daily drive factor went through the floor. It's just easier to take the '05 now if I'm going to work, or pretty much anywhere for that matter.

If it's not going to be a daily, then boost it and have some fun. If it is, them maximize the n/a combo and still have some fun!

Selcouth
06-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Start hanging out with guys that drive slow cars. :chewie:

What happened to selling it and getting a C6?

How about throwing on some nitrous for shits and giggles?

STROKD
06-22-2013, 09:58 PM
LS3 C6 with cam and headers... Its not a Z but its also not a Mustang... Lol

BLK2012GT
06-22-2013, 10:27 PM

SMH:snoopfacepalm:

BLK2012GT
06-22-2013, 10:28 PM
What gears you have in the car? But probably get all the suspension stuff setup on your car before anything.

Selcouth
06-22-2013, 10:50 PM

I honestly would probably still take a LS2 Vette over a new 5.0. Or should I not say that on a mustang board. LOL

BLK2012GT
06-22-2013, 10:51 PM
I honestly would probably still take a LS2 Vette over a new 5.0. Or should I not say that on a mustang board. LOL

Only if you want to get:025:

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
06-22-2013, 11:03 PM

I have a 2013 that is all stock except for a procharger with 9psi that will put that vette back in the sand box :-p

Flame on

Selcouth
06-22-2013, 11:09 PM
Only if you want to get:025:

Guess I need to ride in a new 5.0. I'm sure it's worlds better than my current one. LOL

STROKD
06-22-2013, 11:20 PM

Of course, but a LS3 is cheaper than buying a LS2 car and swapping the heads and intake manifold to make LS3 pwr...

STROKD
06-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I have a 2013 that is all stock except for a procharger with 9psi that will put that vette back in the sand box :-p

Flame on
A stock 5.0 with a 9 lb blwr runs 10s over 130? Frickin bad ass, maybe I should get one.

Sure I'm comparing Vics car to your blown 5.0, but it had cut heads and injectors more than just exhaust and a cam... But it didn't have a blower. Lmao.

Always awesome Stang guys gotta chime in with boost to race a lightly modded Vette. BTW, my slow ass pof smoked more than 2 150 shot 5.0s, and it wasn't near as fast as Vics...

Flame continued

Dan12GT
06-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Steve I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know if this is just another one of your troll posts. You talk like you are going to buy some bad ass vette and sell your car. I also think I can recall every post where you have said your are doing every form of supercharger, turbo, or whatever and keep your slowstang. I cant give you any suggestions...

STROKD
06-22-2013, 11:31 PM
Clint, I have a fun idea. Since neither my car or Vics is around anymore, why not race a friend's LS3 vette that also has a 9 lb Procharger on it... Should be a good close race. That way we can actually see a race happen instead of bench race mythical scenarios.

If your customer is down, Ill make a couple phone calls.

BLK2012GT
06-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Stroked do you even have a vette?

STROKD
06-22-2013, 11:38 PM

My wife does. I sold both mine last year to focus on my race car. Too distracting buying go fast goodies left and right. True Street made the slower one run pretty damn great, woulda been a great run for your car motor to motor.

06-22-2013, 11:43 PM
Clint, I have a fun idea. Since neither my car or Vics is around anymore, why not race a friend's LS3 vette that also has a 9 lb Procharger on it... Should be a good close race. That way we can actually see a race happen instead of bench race mythical scenarios.

If your customer is down, Ill make a couple phone calls.

Lol...... You claimed Cam, headers c-6 would be what Steve should do. I simple said a car with no mods and 9psi would do that vette dirty.....

So know you want to change your camed, header, vette to a procharger vette? What happen to Steve doing cam and headers on a C6 over just putting a simple blower on his car and being faster?

This was the discussion, not who wants to race

STROKD
06-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Lol...... You claimed Cam, headers c-6 would be what Steve should do. I simple said a car with no mods and 9psi would do that vette dirty.....

So know you want to change your camed, header, vette to a procharger vette? What happen to Steve doing cam and headers on a C6 over just putting a simple blower on his car and being faster?

Oh, I see, you just wanted to compare a blown stang to a cammed ls3, yea, that sounds familiar.

If he sold his car, he could get a nice LS3 car for similar price. A setup Like Vics would smoke a blower on his car... Same price in both cars.

That was my discussion. I simply said since Vic's silver bullet isn't around to play with the blown stang u built, why not race a blown vette? It prob runs about the same as Vics ole car.

Btw I'm totally just screwing around with everyone in here including you, no ill feelings esp to my friends. :)

DirtyD
06-22-2013, 11:56 PM
A stock 5.0 with a 9 lb blwr runs 10s over 130? Frickin bad ass, maybe I should get one.

Sure I'm comparing Vics car to your blown 5.0, but it had cut heads and injectors more than just exhaust and a cam... But it didn't have a blower. Lmao.

Always awesome Stang guys gotta chime in with boost to race a lightly modded Vette. BTW, my slow ass pof smoked more than 2 150 shot 5.0s, and it wasn't near as fast as Vics...

Flame continued

5PointSlow
06-22-2013, 11:57 PM
Put the damn blower on steve! 8.5 psi and cornfed my car flys pretty damn good.

see sig! lol

06-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Oh, I see, you just wanted to compare a blown stang to a cammed ls3, yea, that sounds familiar.

If he sold his car, he could get a nice LS3 car for similar price. A setup Like Vics would smoke a blower on his car... Same price in both cars.

That was my discussion. I simply said since Vic's silver bullet isn't around to play with the blown stang u built, why not race a blown vette? It prob runs about the same as Vics ole car.

Btw I'm totally just screwing around with everyone in here including you, no ill feelings esp to my friends. :)

For those that don't know Vic, this is a grand sport vette with $1000 set of injectors, after market fuel system, e-85 with a d1procharger making 800rwhp in a 3200lb car. This was a beast of a car!! With mods well over $60,000 car

You told Steve to get a c-6 with cam and headers.

I told Steve from day one to do a blower on his car and it would put a hurting on the c-6 you are telling him to get. For around $40,000 and still have his new car that he was the first one that got to fart in the seats.....lol (first one to fart in the seats is the main reason to buy a new car right) lol

No wear did I say a blowen 5.0 was the fastest thing on the streets.

Steve keeps his car and puts a blower on it would be cheaper, have a new car, and be faster than a camed, headers c-6

This was the discussion, so stay on topic.....lol

Still friends......lol

downtime!
06-23-2013, 12:59 AM
A stock 5.0 with a 9 lb blwr runs 10s over 130? Frickin bad ass, maybe I should get one.Mine does.

Doug1227
06-23-2013, 01:22 AM
X 2... Hopefully! Lol!

BLK2012GT
06-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Lmao at people saying how badass a car is but doesn't own one. Fucking tools!!!

Grandpa
06-23-2013, 08:08 AM
What happened to paxton?

I am big on suspension now that I did the autox and would do a lot more of that if I was you. The autox is a blast and the stock power is more than enough power. If your wanting more power for drag then I would do LTs, intake and retune. Or just save it up for the roush

I thought about trying some auto x but apparently I have the wrong wheel setup for it and need a square set up which im not willing to do.

Go e85 so when you go blower your already on e85. Or just go get the vette. If could afford one is trade mine in.

E85 and a retune is probably my best bet right now. I've been on the fence for awhile now about the Vette and while I'd love to have one, it just doesn't make financial sense to do it so I will stick with the Stang and just have to be patient with modding it.

Do you have a tune?

Yes. It's a tune from TS. Runs nice and smooth, no problems at all. Even though I'm told my tune is "weak" since I keep losing to every 5.0 on the board, I think that has more to do with the loose nut behind the wheel. lol

save your money and build a race car.

I rather have prison sex than build a race car.

I'm a fan of boost, obviously, but you don't necessarily need it to have fun with the car at the track. With lt's, off road x and muffler deletes, along with the JLT cai and a Gearheads tune, I made 435 at the wheels, and eventually got the car down 11.60's at 120 in that trim. It was fun to drive and made a great daily.

After the boost, the fun factor went through the roof, but the daily drive factor went through the floor. It's just easier to take the '05 now if I'm going to work, or pretty much anywhere for that matter.

If it's not going to be a daily, then boost it and have some fun. If it is, them maximize the n/a combo and still have some fun!

Hmm, maybe I need to rethink the longtubes. It's not my daily, I've got my truck for that. I really miss boost and I'm just being really impatient about it.

Start hanging out with guys that drive slow cars. :chewie:

What happened to selling it and getting a C6?

How about throwing on some nitrous for shits and giggles?

Probably a very smart idea. The problem with hanging out with a even slower group is that they have a curfew and have to be home by 9pm. :laughing1:

Stop stirring the pot Matthew.

What gears you have in the car? But probably get all the suspension stuff setup on your car before anything.

3.31's. I do need more suspension stuff, sway bars for sure. Not sure about the LCA's though with so many people having issues with the relocation brackets.

I wouldn't advise it. lol

Guess I need to ride in a new 5.0. I'm sure it's worlds better than my current one. LOL

Come out to the Friday night meet again and I'd be glad to take you for a ride.

Flame continued

Stop it..

Steve I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know if this is just another one of your troll posts. You talk like you are going to buy some bad ass vette and sell your car. I also think I can recall every post where you have said your are doing every form of supercharger, turbo, or whatever and keep your slowstang. I cant give you any suggestions...

Haha, I have car A.D.D. I need to go to the Henry Ford Clinic for treatment.

Up until recently, he actually had three of them at one time. One of them was a sick LS3 car that was pretty fast. But now he's got the his fox vert running again and slowly rebuilding Strokd again so he will be back in Stangs again. He's just a big Vette fan too.

He's trolling you to get everyone stirred up.

Put the damn blower on steve! 8.5 psi and cornfed my car flys pretty damn good.

see sig! lol

Yeah, you are right. I just need to be patient. It's going to be awhile though. :(

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

5PointSlow
06-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Being patient is tough lol trust me I know. A blown 5.0 is a pretty nasty contender and I haven't met much on the street that will take my car down esp when I'm on the corn. I run the brembo/GT500 Lcas an roush uca. They're awesome in combination and zero NVH. I want to get the BMR relo brackets since that's the setup Shaun was running on his car and wa very successful with it.

03MachMe
06-23-2013, 11:52 AM
I thought about trying some auto x but apparently I have the wrong wheel setup for it and need a square set up which im not willing to do.

You don't have to. It helps but it is fun to get out there and try it even if your not competitive, i wasn't and had a blast. Would be more fun to have a group of us go and that way we just compete with each other

Grandpa
06-23-2013, 06:02 PM
You don't have to. It helps but it is fun to get out there and try it even if your not competitive, i wasn't and had a blast. Would be more fun to have a group of us go and that way we just compete with each other

I'd be willing to try it out for some fun with a group. :)

Phuck Phace
06-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Get a C7.

STROKD
06-23-2013, 10:04 PM
For those that don't know Vic, this is a grand sport vette with $1000 set of injectors, after market fuel system, e-85 with a d1procharger making 800rwhp in a 3200lb car. This was a beast of a car!! With mods well over $60,000 car

You told Steve to get a c-6 with cam and headers.

I told Steve from day one to do a blower on his car and it would put a hurting on the c-6 you are telling him to get. For around $40,000 and still have his new car that he was the first one that got to fart in the seats.....lol (first one to fart in the seats is the main reason to buy a new car right) lol

No wear did I say a blowen 5.0 was the fastest thing on the streets.

Steve keeps his car and puts a blower on it would be cheaper, have a new car, and be faster than a camed, headers c-6

This was the discussion, so stay on topic.....lol

Still friends......lol

Vics SILVER car had cut heads, headers, x pipe, stock cat back off a z06, g6x3.

To me thats a C6 with headers and a cam... sorta what I told him to get no? The cut heads cost what 150 bucks?...:jester:

I STILL do not think a blown 5.0 will run as fast as Vic's car did, on the street or the track. Is it normal for a cammed c6 to run as good as Vic's silver car, no, but it's been done more than once, so it's fairly easy to duplicate.

The blown c6 I was wanting you to run was NOT Vic's car... he wouldnt bother firing it up to run a 600 rw Mustang unless it was mine.

STROKD
06-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Mine does.

your car is stock with boost, thats it? no mufflers, headers, e85 etc etc?

Im pretty sure that was the arguement, no?

STROKD
06-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Lmao at people saying how badass a car is but doesn't own one. Fucking tools!!!

wanna race?:slap:

merlinmol
06-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Steve, if you ever get outta the house I'll give you a ride to help you decide on what you want :Big Laugh:

Grandpa
06-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Steve, if you ever get outta the house I'll give you a ride to help you decide on what you want :Big Laugh:

Im at the friday meet almost every week my friend. :)

Grandpa
06-23-2013, 10:52 PM

You should come out, ryan. Would be good to see you. :)

Selcouth
06-23-2013, 11:00 PM

According to Harrison he can handle a stick pretty well.

STROKD
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM

:snoopfacepalm:

Grandpa
06-23-2013, 11:19 PM

You have me confused with Jackson or Skinny Will. Now quit trolling. lol.

merlinmol
06-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Im at the friday meet almost every week my friend. :)

3 Friday's I have been out, you were not sir.

06-24-2013, 01:42 PM

Im pretty sure that was the arguement, no?

Matt you are correct, the car I'm talking about only mods are procharger, 9.1psi and fuel pumps to keep up. Car made 661rwhp and runs 7.01@101mph in he 1/8. This car will run 10.80@130+ 93oct

We have a brand new clutch in the car right now so no racing. Plus this week we are adding headers for some added power.

This is a solid 10 second car in the heat before the headers.

Maybe we could meet up at the track and give that vette a swing at this little Stang

Love ya Matt!!!! Lol

BLK2012GT
06-24-2013, 01:43 PM
wanna race?:slap:

Sure

GunsUp
06-24-2013, 01:57 PM
I'd get a set of slicks & skinnies & go drive your car balls out at the track then decide.

06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Vics SILVER car had cut heads, headers, x pipe, stock cat back off a z06, g6x3.

To me thats a C6 with headers and a cam... sorta what I told him to get no? The cut heads cost what 150 bucks?e.

C-6 ls3 corvette
Cam header car
Headers, 1895$, $400 install, cam, $449, springs $450, labor to install cam and springs $750 tune $500

=$4444 and about 440-470rwhp

The car your talking about Matt is Vic's old nitrous car, here is the price to duplicate his car with out nitrous

C6 LS3 corvette
Headers, 1895$, $400 install, cam, $449, springs $450, labor to install cam and springs $750 tune $500, remove heads form motor, $350, shave heads for added compression $150, fly cut pistons for pison to valve clearence $450 head gaskets and bolts $ 159.00 ID injectors 850cc $800, boost a pump for added volume do to E-85 $279. $85 to install boost a pump

=$6717.99

Looks like a pretty big difference to me :-)

Grandpa
06-24-2013, 02:31 PM
C-6 ls3 corvette
Cam header car
Headers, 1895$, $400 install, cam, $449, springs $450, labor to install cam and springs $750 tune $500

=$4444 and about 440-470rwhp

The car your talking about Matt is Vic's old nitrous car, here is the price to duplicate his car with out nitrous

C6 LS3 corvette
Headers, 1895$, $400 install, cam, $449, springs $450, labor to install cam and springs $750 tune $500, remove heads form motor, $350, shave heads for added compression $150, fly cut pistons for pison to valve clearence $450 head gaskets and bolts $ 159.00 ID injectors 850cc $800, boost a pump for added volume do to E-85 $279. $85 to install boost a pump

=$6717.99

Looks like a pretty big difference to me :-)

When you lay it out like that it's pretty significant!

BLK2012GT
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Damn vettes are so expensive so glad I got a 5.oh. :nutkick:

Grandpa
06-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Damn vettes are so expensive so glad I got a 5.oh. :nutkick:

The whole damn hobby is expensive! :Big Laugh:

06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
When you lay it out like that it's pretty significant!

Let's make sure we don't lose site of the argument. Header, camed c6 ls3 car would out run a supercharged 5.0.

5.0 600rwhp pretty easy

Ls3 vette 440-460rwhp

From a low roll it would be a close race till about 80ish mph. After that the power will make a pretty big difference and 5.0 wins every time being both drivers are close in skill

Just so we are all clear this is not me or my shop talking down about the corvette. We do just as many corvettes as we do new 5.0's. I am a BIG fan of both and think the LS3 is a fantastic motor. The statement of it is silly to mod a 5.0, should just buy a corvette with cam and headers is my only dog in this fight. There are many cars out today that make power and to classify them as not worth modding I disagree.

Me and Matt are friends and some of this is just friendly poking/ shit talk. Just don't want the Internet twisting this into something it's not.

Grandpa
06-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Let's make sure we don't lose site of the argument. Header, camed c6 ls3 car would out run a supercharged 5.0.

5.0 600rwhp pretty easy

Ls3 vette 440-460rwhp

From a low roll it would be a close race till about 80ish mph. After that the power will make a pretty big difference and 5.0 wins every time being both drivers are close in skill

Well, I'm screwed.. lol.

BLK2012GT
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
The whole damn hobby is expensive! :Big Laugh:

No shit. Considering I paid TS rent for few months from my car. lol

Zeek
06-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Well seeing as Vic did most of the work if not all himself it comes out a lot cheaper. He even flycutted his own pistons. With the Spray he was making like 730rwhp I think but was running and beating 800+ HP cars.

White_lightning
06-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Vic ran E85.. do you need it .. no? PLENTY of heads/cam vettes run 93.. i know i made about the same power as Vics car with almost no milling to my heads... and several people made well OVER what i did with milled heads/cam.

headers for 1900?? LOL!!! you can get a set of LG Super PRos off CF For $1400ish NEW on one of the many vendor sales that happen ever few months.

You are still comparing apples to orangers IMO.. for X dollars you can buy a NEW GT vs a used Vette.. IMO the vette is a much nicer car and more car.. but IMO if going FAST in the 1/4 is your objective... there are many cars you could go fast in the 1/4 for much cheaper.

I do know though that at 490 rwhp i was walking away from 500 + rwhp Blown mustangs.. and on a 150 shot i was pulling 700+ RWhp Turbo Stangs... and my car was never light for a vette with my fat ass in it..

IMO you shouldnt look at the GT vs vette as to which you can go faster for less with because neither are cheap to mod.. it should be which car do you want to Drive..

re-rx7
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
For qtr mile racing I'd go Mustang hands down. Live axle is hard to beat from a launch. Fuck by an old fox, 347, nitrous, enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWfYJyBUl5o

White_lightning
06-24-2013, 03:52 PM
For qtr mile racing I'd go Mustang hands down. Live axle is hard to beat from a launch. Fuck by an old fox, 347, nitrous, enjoy.

Exactly.. if you want to focus on 1/4 mile.. the BEST bang for the buck is a fox body or a 4th gen f-body.

re-rx7
06-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Exactly.. if you want to focus on 1/4 mile.. the BEST bang for the buck is a fox body or a 4th gen f-body.

For the hwy you want aero. I wonder how a new 5.0 stripped out to a vettes weight would fair considering the aero advantage? Then again To have downforce your gna produce some drag.

White_lightning
06-24-2013, 04:06 PM
For the hwy you want aero. I wonder how a new 5.0 stripped out to a vettes weight would fair considering the aero advantage? Then again To have downforce your gna produce some drag.

my vette has always been HEAVY... and HP to HP i have stomped a mud hole in every newer stang i have run.

re-rx7
06-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Your car would still be lighter then me even with your ass in it Feld. LOL If your vette weighed 3800 with you and my car weighed 3800 with me at what point would the Aero diff come into play?

White_lightning
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Your car would still be lighter then me even with your ass in it Feld. LOL If your vette weighed 3800 with you and my car weighed 3800 with me at what point would the Aero diff come into play?

If recall over 65 wind resistance/aerodymancs start to become a factor.. over 100.. a much higher factor.

re-rx7
06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
If recall over 65 wind resistance/aerodymancs start to become a factor.. over 100.. a much higher factor.

Wish there was a way to test this theory. Load dwn the vette with some weight and go on a run.

White_lightning
06-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Wish there was a way to test this theory. Load dwn the vette with some weight and go on a run.

load it down?? all i need to do is get in and its over 3800lbs lol

46Tbird
06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Steve, I thought you were getting a C6Z...

Grandpa
06-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Steve, I thought you were getting a C6Z...

It's going to have to wait until at least next year now if I do it at all.

re-rx7
06-24-2013, 04:36 PM
load it down?? all i need to do is get in and its over 3800lbs lol

Has to be even power! LOL:biggun:

STROKD
06-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Matt you are correct, the car I'm talking about only mods are procharger, 9.1psi and fuel pumps to keep up. Car made 661rwhp and runs 7.01@101mph in he 1/8. This car will run 10.80@130+ 93oct

We have a brand new clutch in the car right now so no racing. Plus this week we are adding headers for some added power.

This is a solid 10 second car in the heat before the headers.

Maybe we could meet up at the track and give that vette a swing at this little Stang

Love ya Matt!!!! Lolthat sounds bout right, Vic ran a 10.6 @132 in his silver car on motor so it woulda been a fun race to 140 or so...

The blown vette I wanted u guys ro run is owned by Carlos, I'm sure he will run it at the track eventually.

STROKD
06-24-2013, 09:32 PM
460 rw out of a cammed ls3 is sad. Sounds like an old mans cam. My orange car made 501rw with timing and 484 with nitrous timing -6 degrees. Most good cammed ls3s make 490-510 without cutting heads.

Vic made 511 I think ON 93 for the record... It didn't need E85 ora boost a pump after all...

STROKD
06-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Sure

when will your car be driveable to do so? Mine will be ready this weekend, early next week at latest.

BLK2012GT
06-24-2013, 11:17 PM
when will your car be driveable to do so? Mine will be ready this weekend, early next week at latest.

Have to ask Clint on that. Their dyno breaking put them back a few days.

STROKD
06-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Have to ask Clint on that. Their dyno breaking put them back a few days.

Im in no hurry, just thought it'd be fun.

downtime!
06-25-2013, 01:58 AM

Im pretty sure that was the arguement, no?Long tubes, no cats and no mufflers, but that's it. Stock crank, rods, pistons, cams, and everything else. If I had it to do over again, it would still have the stock exhaust manifolds on it too. Didn't gain nearly enough power to warrant the added expense.

Grandpa
06-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Long tubes, no cats and no mufflers, but that's it. Stock crank, rods, pistons, cams, and everything else. If I had it to do over again, it would still have the stock exhaust manifolds on it too. Didn't gain nearly enough power to warrant the added expense.

Noted. Pretty much what this comes down to is just to wait on the boost.

re-rx7
06-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Spray!!!

Doug1227
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
I'll have some numbers for you soon... should be in the 7.0/10.8 range through the auto.....

STROKD
06-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I'll have some numbers for you soon... should be in the 7.0/10.8 range through the auto.....

I'd love to run you. Only car I've raced was a turbo 93 Fox that ran mid 10s. Steve can chime in how that went if he wants. Injectors will be here tomorrow, then final tuning. Its at 559/593 before the old injectors were removed. They weren't done, just dirty and rusty, so no want them in the car anymore. Hoping for real close to 600/600. Tq is about there but car was banging out from 55-6500 with old cloggy injectors.

JOHNGT
06-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I'd say look for a quality set of lt headers. You can always sell the h-pipe. Then beef up the suspension more.

Toby
06-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Steve I think you should build the car how you want it, not how everyone else wants you to build it.

But to answer your question on the blowers, if it were my car with the current mods you have. I would go with a p1, stage 2 inter cooler, kb bap, and retune. With 12-13 lbs of boost it should make mid to upper 600's and be 100% reliable and fun.

Or if a twin screw is your choice then add a tvs with 10-12 lbs of boost, huge heat exchanger, large tank for the water and good sized pump. This will keep heat soak as minimal as possible and still be fun.

Either way it will be a fun car that is 100% reliable drive it anywhere in complete comfort, you can haul the family in it if needed.

Toby
06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh an if you wanna talk track times, there are plenty of 5.0's running 10.9's with just bolt ons n/a...

White_lightning
06-25-2013, 04:03 PM
d1 > p1..

blownaltered
06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
d1 > p1..

wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.

White_lightning
06-25-2013, 04:31 PM
wouldn't by a procharger unless it was an F1. Ive had the other version eat itself.

umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..

Grandpa
06-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Steve I think you should build the car how you want it, not how everyone else wants you to build it.

But to answer your question on the blowers, if it were my car with the current mods you have. I would go with a p1, stage 2 inter cooler, kb bap, and retune. With 12-13 lbs of boost it should make mid to upper 600's and be 100% reliable and fun.

Or if a twin screw is your choice then add a tvs with 10-12 lbs of boost, huge heat exchanger, large tank for the water and good sized pump. This will keep heat soak as minimal as possible and still be fun.

Either way it will be a fun car that is 100% reliable drive it anywhere in complete comfort, you can haul the family in it if needed.

I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Grandpa
06-25-2013, 04:43 PM
umm.. my d1 was rock sold.. i dont know a single person who has ever had an issue with a procharger.....ever..

Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.

Courtesy Flush
06-25-2013, 05:18 PM
My suggestion is....leave it as it sits.
You've got some tasteful mods and subtle appearance mods making decent power safely and reliably. I know this isn't your first rodeo when it comes to modding cars so ill leave it at that.

Toby
06-25-2013, 05:32 PM
d1 > p1..

While I do agree, on these cars a p1 is plenty of blower to destroy the shortblock.

This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

I know you do this stuff everyday, but I dunno about 100% reliable with "mid to upper 600's". These motors really seem to be hit and miss with the power they can handle. Some be able to handle a bunch of power for awhile, others like Danny's pop stock. I appreciate your input though.

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.

Toby
06-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Well you just met one. Donnie's (blownaltered) P1sc ate itself and killed his motor in the process sending metal fragments through it.

It's not the first one I have heard of and will not be the last. I have also seen just as many vortechs and Paxton's do the exact same thing. It has nothing to do with the brand. I personally like prochargers because they are much easier to install, fit a shit ton better, require less modifications to install, look a million times better once installed and overall the brackets and materials are stronger/thicker.

Grandpa
06-25-2013, 05:37 PM
This^^^ also let me add that I always suggest an sc head unit and just change the oil in it. It's not that difficult, and if changing the oil every 6k miles is a headache, then you need to buy a Prius and find another hobby..

Ok then mid to lower 600's... These motors can take 630-660 stock with 0 issues in the right hands. They are just like any other engine out there, maintenance is key. As is not goin out in the middle of the summer and making 5,6,7,8 highway hits back to back to back. Make 2-3 hits an let it cool down. It is a machine and can only take so much abuse... Otherwise pony up an get ready to spend some big bucks.

Power is so easy to make these days, people think that they can add a bunch of parts, make a bizillion hp and drive it like they stole it every time and all the time they are behind the wheel. I don't give a shit what brand size or type of engine you have, it will not hold together making huge hp and dogging it every chance you get. Components get hot, metal expands an contracts then you have problems.

LOL @ Prius comment. Very true!

I agree with your comment in regards to abuse. Thankfully I've slightly matured in my old age and don't beat on my car at every given opportunity, that is unless I'm hanging out with Donnie (blownaltered) then we both act like a couple of dumb kids with new toys. He's a bad influence! hahaha.

White_lightning
06-25-2013, 06:57 PM
actually the only people i know who have killed any blower head unit were overspinning it so much that im shocked it didn eat itself first pull.. if you are 30% over spinning the blower its not going to be happy.. most people dont calculate the blower rpm.. they just slap some pullys on and hope for the best...

Dark Pony
06-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

STROKD
06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Fox Body hot rod woohoo! Please don't put a gd Coyote in it Dark...

I know shit about these cars, but it seems a centri blower is best way to wake it up.

Stangmaster281
06-25-2013, 09:09 PM
If a roush supercharger is really what you want I'd say just wait and save up your money to get it.

merlinmol
06-25-2013, 11:01 PM
I had big plans for my car after the mod bug bit me. I soon realized that all of this stuff adds up and eventually becomes so time consuming and expensive, that it takes a lot to be FAST. I then decided to do a few things to make the car stronger (transmission) and get my suspension dialed in (lots of stuff) with having the plan to eventually add a small 100 shot. After that I'll call it a day and move on to a fox body project (race car). I say all this because, I had to find out when enough is enough...and that is only something you can answer for yourself. We all have nice cars, but it should be a reflection of yourself, not other people.

Well said Johnathan:head3:

Dark Pony
06-26-2013, 06:11 AM
I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

Midnight11
06-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Don't mod your daily! Lol

Grandpa
06-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I also thought about how adding big time mods to your car will take away drivability. I didn't want to do that to a 2013. I bought this car because of its potential, but I love how great it drove stock and that's not something I wanted to turn into a race car. Again, that's my opinion. That's why a fox body would be perfect to do that with! Steve, do whatever you like man! Whether its slower than Nic or it has a TVS on it...lol

No more foxes for me. lol. Thanks for your input Jonathon.

Don't mod your daily! Lol

So, very, very true!

White_lightning
06-26-2013, 10:00 AM
(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

Grandpa
06-26-2013, 10:13 AM
(1) Dont mod your daily driver.. TRUTH!!
(2) Go big or go home....
(3) Dont be a pussy steve..put a MAN blower on it and build the motor.. it's not an LS that you can make 800 rwhp on the stock motor and be fairly reliable:)

LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

White_lightning
06-26-2013, 10:47 AM
LOL, I wish it was that easy as just build a motor and slap a blower on. Talking about a lot of coin there buddy.

just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Grandpa
06-26-2013, 11:28 AM
just save.. the good thing about having bought a mustang is you saved a bunch of money up front.. my hooptie was 37 when i bought it in 09 (although it was a good deal.. since sticker was 58k and it had sold the year before NEW for high 40s).

if my car was only mid 20s like a GT it would have been a LOT faster a LOT sooner lol

Im not a baller like you. Lol

White_lightning
06-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Im not a baller like you. Lol

i'm just a broke ass immigrant.. Hardly a baller ...

re-rx7
06-27-2013, 05:40 AM
800whp on a ls? That depends on which ls.