PDA

View Full Version : Converter or Welds for the front?

Luke
06-21-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm back and forth on either getting the RT-S front runners for the car or spending the money on a converter. Eventually I'll do both but I have to paint the wife's car, put floors in the house and fix a camper so I'm already spreading myself out more than usual with the money. The converter is supposed to be good for .2-.4 on the track but I'll lose a little fuel mileage. The fronts are supposed to be good for .1 plus the car will look good. The converter will complement the nitrous quite nicely though. What do y'all think?

03MachMe
06-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I say converter because that will give you the best gains. If you dont mind the slight drop in mileage then the converter for sure.

DirtyD
06-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Converter will help the car more than skinnies up front.

Luke
06-21-2013, 03:14 PM
Yeah yeah, but the wheels will look good! :Stupid Me: And the wife is no help, she'll just tell me to buy both and get it over with. I do have to put the driveshaft back in so I guess I can do it while I'm under there.

DirtyD
06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah yeah, but the wheels will look good! :Stupid Me: And the wife is no help, she'll just tell me to buy both and get it over with. I do have to put the driveshaft back in so I guess I can do it while I'm under there.

See. Perfect timing.

zemog255
06-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I sold my skinnies to help fund my converter if thats helps your decision. I never picked up any noticeable et with them i did notice a consistent gain of 1 mph in the 1/4 but that was it. They did look good though ! I think if they come out with alittle taller tire with a stiffer sidewall I would have noticed more of a gain. Even running them 10psi over max they still looked low on air.

JDMLOL
06-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Converter.

Dan12GT
06-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Converter then run some donuts up front in the time being! :)

Luke
06-22-2013, 05:13 AM
I sold my skinnies to help fund my converter if thats helps your decision. I never picked up any noticeable et with them i did notice a consistent gain of 1 mph in the 1/4 but that was it. They did look good though ! I think if they come out with alittle taller tire with a stiffer sidewall I would have noticed more of a gain. Even running them 10psi over max they still looked low on air.

Good to know, thanks! And I agree a little taller would be nice

Converter then run some donuts up front in the time being! :)

:signs8: