PDA

View Full Version : How to Get Sponsored?

GTRacerX
06-19-2013, 03:29 PM
How would someone get sponsored.? Are there certain steps that need to be taken or is it more of a call around and see if anyone would want to? Always wondered about this ever since I became interested in cars.

Joey289
06-19-2013, 03:37 PM
www.hookit.com is a good way to start some amateur sponsorships. Just make a profile and start applying.

I have gotten a few through that for my Cross Country ATV racing I do. Amsoil and Lucas Oils have both offered me some.

I have also straight up asked some companies too.

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Did they give you products or a little money for the sponsorship?

Joey289
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
So far it has been discounts on their products in exchange for monthly race updates and running their stickers on my quad. I get 50% off riding gear from one company...I think Amsol and lucas both gave 40%.

It really only helps if you plan or need to purchase what the company has. Every bit helps I guess and it is fun.

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah.

I wanted to get into quad racing when I was younger. Miss riding mine at home. Now it just sits. Haha

Joey289
06-19-2013, 04:47 PM
What kind of quad do you have? My wife and I both have KTM 525XC's. We do XC racing with www.tornracing.com and trail riding with www.dfwdirtriders.com. Check that group out and come riding sometime.

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
We had a Suzuki Quad Sport 230 my dad bought in 84, and sold it in 2005 still running. :rocker: Loved that thing. It's the one in the lower right of the picture below. But it had even bigger (28") muds on the the rear that made it super easy to pop it into 1st and bring the front wheels up.
http://www.roketapartsonline.com/images/414/M475_110110.jpg

Now we only have an 06 Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4.

4x4 still didn't prevent me from getting it airbourne, only in 2wd mode though. :lol:

zemog255
06-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Go to the big races/shows and send in your resume (results) to sponsors. There are alot of compaines like sponsorhouse, hookit etc out there to help you build and get your resume to the compaines.

GTRacerX
06-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Go to the big races/shows and send in your resume (results) to sponsors. There are alot of compaines like sponsorhouse, hookit etc out there to help you build and get your resume to the compaines.

Thanks for the info I'll look into it. Anything else you can think of let me know.

GTRacerX
06-20-2013, 01:30 AM

Also what exactly do you mean by resume (results)???

Smurf50
06-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Also what exactly do you mean by resume (results)???

Every race that you place in would be more "experience" that you would put on your professional resume. It's not unlike what you do for an office, job....you list your merits and make it appealing to drum up more potential offers/pay.

If you win races, you would put that on there such as:

5/12/13 - Winner - Street Muscle - Texas Muscle Club Car Challenge - Ennis, Tx.

Do that for each race you win, and you could put a section where you put your average 60' times, average reaction times, average trap speed....if you wanted you could even put how close you are to your dial-in times for bracket racing.

GTRacerX
06-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Every race that you place in would be more "experience" that you would put on your professional resume. It's not unlike what you do for an office, job....you list your merits and make it appealing to drum up more potential offers/pay.

If you win races, you would put that on there such as:

5/12/13 - Winner - Street Muscle - Texas Muscle Club Car Challenge - Ennis, Tx.

Do that for each race you win, and you could put a section where you put your average 60' times, average reaction times, average trap speed....if you wanted you could even put how close you are to your dial-in times for bracket racing.

Ah ok that's what I figured just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!