PDA

View Full Version : FRPP P Springs

Dominic Toretto
06-18-2013, 04:01 PM
I've got a set laying around my apt waiting to get put on when I get my rims and tires put on too. Is there anything else I need to do with just swapping the springs?

-Alex

03MachMe
06-18-2013, 04:17 PM
A panhard bar may be required to center the axle.

Adam
06-19-2013, 08:27 AM
If its in the budget new shocks and struts would improve the ride and handling as well.

Dominic Toretto
06-19-2013, 08:37 AM
My buddy at work told me that I should get a panhard bar.

-Alex

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 09:05 AM
I've heard that the P springs aren't an aggressive enough drop to change the suspension geometery enough to recenter the rearend.

HOWEVER, I would definitely recommend it.

Dominic Toretto
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I will invest in one. Better safe than sorry. Would hate to go through all that and then have the car leaning like it just had some purple drank.

-Alex

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I will invest in one. Better safe than sorry. Would hate to go through all that and then have the car leaning like it just had some purple drank.

-Alex
It won't really lean, just the rear axle may be slightly out of center, and you may notice one rear tire seems to stick out more than the other.

Dominic Toretto
06-19-2013, 09:37 AM
It won't really lean, just the rear axle may be slightly out of center, and you may notice one rear tire seems to stick out more than the other.

I may have understood the effect incorrectly then. I was also advised to get some camber bolts for the alignment. Would you agree? For $20 seems like a safe and cheap bet.

-Alex

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 09:44 AM
I may have understood the effect incorrectly then. I was also advised to get some camber bolts for the alignment. Would you agree? For $20 seems like a safe and cheap bet.

-Alex
No problem. You probably won't need camber bolts, but those are also a better safe than sorry too. I lowered my car 1.25" up front and was still in spec for camber, but the adj bolts gave us a little more room for adjustment.

Caster/camber plates are truly the way to go to fix camber issues, but if your car will mainly see street driving, camber bolts will be plenty fine.

KnightRider5.0
06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
I've got a set laying around my apt waiting to get put on when I get my rims and tires put on too. Is there anything else I need to do with just swapping the springs?

-Alex

I needed camber bolts for my p springs on my 12 GT to keep my tire wear even.

Dominic Toretto
06-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the info :)

-Alex

re-rx7
06-22-2013, 03:00 PM
I needed camber bolts for my p springs on my 12 GT to keep my tire wear even.

front and rear?

Luke
06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
My car is lowered with BMR springs and I didn't need the camber bolts either. I have them sitting in a box in my garage. It's pretty easy to see how far off center the rear end is once it's lowered. If you wait about a week, there's bound to be 4th of July sales on parts. I'd suggest BMR, everything BMR on my car has been great and easy to install.