PDA

View Full Version : SCCA autocross! Sunday 6/23/13 @ TMS

Adam
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
So myself and a few friends might be heading out to the bus lot at Texas motor speedway on Sunday to murder some cones. If any of you are on the fence about trying your hand at turning trust me. It's a blast! I believe the entry fee is around $40-50 for the day. You won't regret it. More info is at texassolo.org.

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
Man....I would really like to go do this. Wonder if I could talk to g/f into coming.

Adam
06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Man....I would really like to go do this. Wonder if I could talk to g/f into coming.

Leave her ass at the house. Lol. The only downside to scca events is you have to do a session of corner work. So if you drive in heat 1 and work heat 4 you'll be there all day. Unless she's totally fine with being out in the heat all day.

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Leave her ass at the house. Lol. The only downside to scca events is you have to do a session of corner work. So if you drive in heat 1 and work heat 4 you'll be there all day. Unless she's totally fine with being out in the heat all day.

Yeah, she isn't. Haha

So are not all the auto cross events SCCA sanctioned?

And by all day, you mean until like 4 PM? If so, I can't swing that long.

Adam
06-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Not all are scca sanctioned.

The event runs 9am-3pm I believe.

Dfwautocross.com is the local event calendar I believe.

03MachMe
06-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Damn if it was closer I would. I have to work at 4 and can't stay till 3. After July I'll have Sundays off and will attend more