PDA

View Full Version : WhiteLine UCA, GO CHECK YOURS NOW!!!

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
I just saw this thread on SVTP. For anyone running this Whiteline, UCA, I would definitely go look at it right now!

Jayman, maybe inform any customers with this piece to go examine it as well.

Only reason I am writing this thread to maybe prevent somebody from getting seriously hurt. A buddy of mine linked me to this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/943624-suspension-attention-failure-inside.html
So i crawled under the car real quick just make sure mine is ok and this is what I saw....
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/laloosh04/photo1-1_zps093dbcf9.jpg (http://s83.photobucket.com/user/laloosh04/media/photo1-1_zps093dbcf9.jpg.html)
That is a very quick and shitty picture but you can see that thing is about to completely let go. I already pm'ed whiteline about this issue. I strongly suggest everyone who has this mount goes out RIGHT NOW to check it. My car is not a daily drivers, but yours might be.

re-rx7
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Holy shit!

GTRacerX
06-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow that's the beginning of a really bad day!

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Wow that's the beginning of a really bad day!

It could possibly be the beginning to your end too.

Luke
06-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Nice catch, good post

Adam
06-19-2013, 05:36 AM
Wonder what the cause is? Whiteline is usually on the better end as far as quality goes. Sucks. That was the UCA I wanted also.

BlueBolt
06-25-2013, 02:59 PM
I just had my whiteline Uca installed by truestreet while they were doing other work. I bought mine used and don't know how I'm going to go about getting the new one or getting another one. May have to take a loss on it even though I don't want to.

DirtyD
06-25-2013, 04:42 PM
I just had my whiteline Uca installed by truestreet while they were doing other work. I bought mine used and don't know how I'm going to go about getting the new one or getting another one. May have to take a loss on it even though I don't want to.

They are working on a solution and are excepting returns on those that are failing. I would give them a call

BlueBolt
06-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Going to check mine out today and shoot them an email tomorrow and see what they say.

jayman33
06-25-2013, 10:34 PM
Yeah, we've contacted a lot of our customers who haven't contacted us already. Mine is actually busted as well and now have a METCO on order which is a tank. Whiteline has stepped up and showed that they're a great company. They had a design flaw, recognized it and it fixing the issue. Their revision should be ready within the month. Their beating a mustang right now, as I was told, in testing.
All customers will receive the revised UCA free of charge, the only thing you need to do is email them at [email protected] and they'll take great care of ya.

Sock
06-25-2013, 10:36 PM
Never heard about any problems with Whiteline, but there is a reason I sell BMR!

dallasmike
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
The reason we sell whiteline is because in times like these, they step up and do what's right. There are so many other companies I can think of that would use this opportunity to point the finger elsewhere. Whiteline Contacted us last week about this issue. Which speaks volumes that they reached out to the dealer network to find out what was going on so that it could be handled quickly.

DirtyD
06-26-2013, 04:18 PM
The reason we sell whiteline is because in times like these, they step up and do what's right. There are so many other companies I can think of that would use this opportunity to point the finger elsewhere. Whiteline Contacted us last week about this issue. Which speaks volumes that they reached out to the dealer network to find out what was going on so that it could be handled quickly.

Yeah. Between BMR and hopefully their redesigned choke collar, both will be a solid option for me in the future.

Nay
07-14-2013, 09:50 AM
I have a brand new whiteline uca still sitting in the box, they informed me that as soon as they finished their testing they would ship me a new one and include a return shipping label for the old one. Hopefully anyone that does have a whiteline uca still has their old stock one just in case they need to ship theirs back before they send out a new one.