06-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Beat by a camaro :facepalm:

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 11:32 AM
I finally raced my car. :banana-mario:

pAo1h4lWpF0

And I didn't miss 4th either...:driver:

because I never shifted into it. Haha

Awesome, D! That's pretty impressive for someone who can barely reach the pedals! :happy107:

So..when are we gonna race? :D

DirtyD
06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Beat by a camaro :facepalm:

Practice round plus he was running the class above me with DRs, and I still kept up with him by about 2-3 cars. I see that as a fail on his part. Plus you can see how bad I spun/got sideways on the launch.

DirtyD
06-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Awesome, D! That's pretty impressive for someone who can barely reach the pedals! :happy107:

So..when are we gonna race? :D

I scooted the seat up. :lol: I wanted to make sure I could easily engage the clutch all the way, which I don't do normally driving on the street. Something I read online that you want to sit closer for that reason.

Whenever I'm back up that way and you haven't sold the car yet. Or when we get to the drag strip (next stop in a few weeks)

Luke
06-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Are you going to get those drag radials before the next track outing?

DirtyD
06-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Are you going to get those drag radials before the next track outing?

Idk

46Tbird
06-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Nice job man. That Drag N Brag event is good legal, safe driving practice for a new drag racer. Get your skills and confidence up and make it out to a track for some timeslips. :headbang:

I notice you found out the hard way that PW is the fastest color. :D

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 12:17 PM
I scooted the seat up. :lol: I wanted to make sure I could easily engage the clutch all the way, which I don't do normally driving on the street. Something I read online that you want to sit closer for that reason.

Whenever I'm back up that way and you haven't sold the car yet. Or when we get to the drag strip (next stop in a few weeks)

Yes sir. I highly suggest reading Ranger's driving tips some time if you ever get the chance. He's a Corvette racer, but his principles of driving still apply to anyone rowing gears. After my trip to the track, I decided to re-read his tips and I can't wait to go back to the track again to try it out. I've been practicing rowing gears in this car and getting my seating position just right. I realized I had my elbow turned the wrong way because of the angle my seat was at at the time.

DirtyD
06-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes sir. I highly suggest reading Ranger's driving tips some time if you ever get the chance. He's a Corvette racer, but his principles of driving still apply to anyone rowing gears. After my trip to the track, I decided to re-read his tips and I can't wait to go back to the track again to try it out. I've been practicing rowing gears in this car and getting my seating position just right. I realized I had my elbow turned the wrong way because of the angle my seat was at at the time.

Yeah, I think I remember reading through that briefly.

I do want to pick up a set of DRs however. Even though I'm slow, it still helps to have as much traction as you can get to work on launches and getting your 60' times down.

GTRacerX
06-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Those were some good runs D! I gotta make it out there next time!

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I think I remember reading through that briefly.

I do want to pick up a set of DRs however. Even though I'm slow, it still helps to have as much traction as you can get to work on launches and getting your 60' times down.

They certainly help. I'm slow too, but fighting for traction is lame and frustrating. My 93 Cobra made great power but was on some junk radials that were rock hard cuz I rarely drove the damn thing. Anything less than 70mph it would just blow the tires off and that is no fun.

Luke
06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
From street tires to slicks I picked up .4 in the 1/8th in one of my old bolton foxbody cars. And I couldn't drive for shit back then.