PDA

View Full Version : tinters

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
I need to replace the tint on my windshield. I know that texas requires a script to get it done. My car is reg in OK so texas law doesnt really apply to my ride. are there any tinters that can make that happen for me? PM if needed.

jng2985
06-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Are you trying to tint below the A line?

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
yup full front windshield. nothing ridiculous dark but tinted none the less

rriddle3
06-13-2013, 05:54 PM
I suspect that if Texas police question your tint, you will either have to produce the doctor's order or take the ticket.
I doubt that "I'm from Oklahoma" will cut it with them.

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 06:19 PM
I suspect that if Texas police question your tint, you will either have to produce the doctor's order or take the ticket.

not really all that concerned about that. I am more concerned with getting my windshield retinted. I will tell you though that because my car is registered in another state they would be less likely to ticket me for that. That would be like ticketing me for having no front plate when my state doesnt require one.

jng2985
06-13-2013, 06:19 PM

Haha that's hat they tell me about my tail lights! Just because its legal in OK doesn't make it legal in tx.. Sorry OP, you can try mobile tinters, or drive to shitty Dallas an walk in somewhere.

jng2985
06-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Also dan12gt has a mobile buddy who does tint that might do it..?

JDMLOL
06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Not saying I havent had illegal tint, but no state allows a full windshield. People in OK get away with it because they don't have an anual inspection.

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Haha that's hat they tell me about my tail lights! Just because its legal in OK doesn't make it legal in tx.. Sorry OP, you can try mobile tinters, or drive to shitty Dallas an walk in somewhere.

is your car registered in Tx? Im not really here to debate the law, I just wonder if there is someone that is local that would be willing to do it. Im a military cop and I know for a fact when I was in South Carolina I could not legally enforce SC tint laws on a car that is not a SC regged car. That may be different here, but chances are the cops wont really mess with it. plus the level I had it at when the windows are down you cant tell its tinted anyway. On top of that if I get pulled over for something chances are they are not going to be really concerned about my window tint!! lol

JDMLOL
06-13-2013, 06:32 PM
is your car registered in Tx? Im not really here to debate the law, I just wonder if there is someone that is local that would be willing to do it. Im a military cop and I know for a fact when I was in South Carolina I could not legally enforce SC tint laws on a car that is not a SC regged car. That may be different here, but chances are the cops wont really mess with it. plus the level I had it at when the windows are down you cant tell its tinted anyway. On top of that if I get pulled over for something chances are they are not going to be really concerned about my window tint!! lol

I had a place off harry hines do my limo all the way around. They do tint and stereos. Maybe they'd do it??

Edit ill pm you the name after I thought about it.

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Not saying I havent had illegal tint, but no state allows a full windshield. People in OK get away with it because they don't have an anual inspection.

This is part of it! lol no annual insp FTW!!!

jng2985
06-13-2013, 06:33 PM

I hear you and I'm not trying to debate, just the legal in ok comment is along te lines of 5 traffic stops for my tail lights. Like I said, the majority of the mobile guys will do it, since really who gives a shit? Your car..

rriddle3
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
...who gives a shit? ...
Easy answer to that - the blood sucking lawyer who represents the family in a car who has a wreck with a car that has a tinted windshield.
"Your honor, the defendant could not see my client due to the illegal tinting on his windshield."
As long as I'm not involved, I don't care. :boxing:

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Easy answer to that - the blood sucking lawyer who represents the family in a car who has a wreck with a car that has a tinted windshield.
"Your honor, the defendant could not see my client due to the illegal tinting on his windshield."
As long as I'm not involved, I don't care. :boxing:

good thing I have two lawyers in the family then...:popcorn:

03MachMe
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
:snoopfacepalm:

Dan12GT
06-13-2013, 07:40 PM
OP, PM sent.

Funny thing. When I used to do window tinting our tint van we drove around in had a tinted windshield. It was a special kind of tint that allows 75-80% of light through, so you couldn't even really notice. We used this kind of tint specifically for businesses that wanted to cut black harmful UV / heat from coming through their windows but also keep the windows transparent for display purposes.

On our tint van, it actually helped a lot with glare. Visibility was actually better because the tint blocked glare. I WOULD NOT suggest doing anything darker though on your windshield. Its unsafe and highly illegal. Cops will take no time at all to pull you over for this.

jng2985
06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Curious, but I know the tinted glass on like mercedes is legal. Whats the % of that? fractory makes it legal?

5PointSlow
06-13-2013, 09:31 PM
OP, PM sent.

Funny thing. When I used to do window tinting our tint van we drove around in had a tinted windshield. It was a special kind of tint that allows 75-80% of light through, so you couldn't even really notice. We used this kind of tint specifically for businesses that wanted to cut black harmful UV / heat from coming through their windows but also keep the windows transparent for display purposes.

On our tint van, it actually helped a lot with glare. Visibility was actually better because the tint blocked glare. I WOULD NOT suggest doing anything darker though on your windshield. Its unsafe and highly illegal. Cops will take no time at all to pull you over for this.

Thats pretty much how mine was, when I had my side windows up it looked dark and you couldnt see in the front really but it looked fairly normal when looking out. with the windows down you couldnt even really tell it was tinted.

re-rx7
06-21-2013, 12:49 PM
I did a really light 30% on my civic a long time ago and it wasnt noticable until I was in a car w/o it. It makes the Inteior almost black when looking in from the outside.