PDA

View Full Version : Fast service...thanks!

Grandpa
06-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I ordered a full tint kit yesterday afternoon and it's already here today!

The kit looks great with exception of corner one of the headlight pieces where it's crinkled up due to seperating from the backing paper. Hopefully I can just make it easy with putting some heat to it from the hairdryer to straighten it out.

I'm going to try to put it on tonight after it cools down abit!

Thanks again, Bigworm!

DirtyD
06-13-2013, 05:24 PM
UPS one day shipping in Texas FTW!

Grandpa
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM
FedEx one day shipping in Texas FTW!

Fixed!

DirtyD
06-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Fixed!
FedEx? I thought he used UPS. Either way, 50 mile shipping FTW. LOL

downtime!
06-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Should have just driven over and had him install it too. You get to play with Elvis the wonder dog while you wait.

Which reminds me, I need to contact them again about some stripes for the '05.

Grandpa
06-13-2013, 06:20 PM
Should have just driven over and had him install it too. You get to play with Elvis the wonder dog while you wait.

Which reminds me, I need to contact them again about some stripes for the '05.

I was going to, but he is on the opposite side of the metroplex from me and would have taken a whole afternoon up. I'll just try to do it myself and hopefully I don't screw it up. It didn't come with a squeegee thing, so I'm going have to improvise one. lol

downtime!
06-13-2013, 06:41 PM
I was going to, but he is on the opposite side of the metroplex from me and would have taken a whole afternoon up. I'll just try to do it myself and hopefully I don't screw it up. It didn't come with a squeegee thing, so I'm going have to improvise one. lolCredit card squeegee for the win!

03MachMe
06-13-2013, 06:46 PM
I have an extra one that came with mine if you need it Steve. If you want some help just let me know. I'm very OCD when it comes to things like these lol

rriddle3
06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
...You get to play with Elvis the wonder dog while you wait...
I was there Tuesday and Elvis was at the vet's for her shots. When she got back she made a beeline for me and curled up for some TLC. She's a little darling.

Grandpa
06-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Credit card squeegee for the win!

Ohhhh, good idea!

I have an extra one that came with mine if you need it Steve. If you want some help just let me know. I'm very OCD when it comes to things like these lol

Thanks, Ryan. :peace:

bigwormgraphix
06-17-2013, 10:08 AM
I was going to, but he is on the opposite side of the metroplex from me and would have taken a whole afternoon up. I'll just try to do it myself and hopefully I don't screw it up. It didn't come with a squeegee thing, so I'm going have to improvise one. lol

I can send you one if you would like. We use a smaller squeegee and one side of it is wrapped with a red material that looks like a micro fiber.

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 10:34 AM
I can send you one if you would like. We use a smaller squeegee and one side of it is wrapped with a red material that looks like a micro fiber.

I install the tint yesterday. I'm moderately happy with it. The front came out great, the taillights were a pain in the ass. No matter how many times I did them I couldn't get them looking in a way I was happy with. I'm undecided if I will keep it on the car or not.

bigwormgraphix
06-17-2013, 10:40 AM
They look a lot better after the material cures, small bubbles will go away on their own and the material sucks down better around the edges. Depending on the weather it takes a couple of days to fully cure, usually one good summer day in the sun will work well.

Luke
06-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Pics?

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 10:45 AM
They look a lot better after the material cures, small bubbles will go away on their own and the material sucks down better around the edges. Depending on the weather it takes a couple of days to fully cure, usually one good summer day in the sun will work well.

Thanks. I'll wait it out awhile to see what happens. :)

Pics?

Just a couple of cell phone pics. I'll get some when it stops raining some point during the week.