PDA

View Full Version : A lesson we all should learn..

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 02:14 AM
This guy has a solid point..

YrM9NFHhl0Q

downtime!
06-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Nice message, but it goes against almost every rule of being a car guy. We, as car guys, need more. Constantly. It's like smoking crack, that first rush is awesome, then harder to attain each successive time. Speed is as much an addiction as any narcotic. The only way to not want more, is to not play the game in the first place.

BLK2012GT
06-07-2013, 03:40 AM
This guy has a solid point..

YrM9NFHhl0Q

So why do you want a vette?

And the last part if the video was I think all to David. Lmao

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 09:02 AM
So why do you want a vette?

And the last part if the video was I think all to David. Lmao

I've had over a dozen Mustangs so I'm ready for something different. I think the Z06 is the best bang for the buck car in the lastfew decades. From stock, it's one of the best handling, quickest stock cars ever that outperform cars that cost two or three times as much. I'd also like a true sports car for a change, rather than an amped up passenger car.

I mean think about it, even as built as your car is it still has no chance against a stock C6 Z06. That's pretty impressive considering how modded your car is!

Bearded Banger
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
What gen/year Z06 you looking for?

Bearded Banger
06-07-2013, 09:09 AM
And that video only made me want to mod more.

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
what gen/year z06 you looking for?

08-10

03MachMe
06-07-2013, 09:45 AM
This guy must have spent too much time talking to my wife....

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 09:48 AM
This guy must have spent too much time talking to my wife....

:laughing1:

Adam
06-07-2013, 12:15 PM
It's easy to get carried away. Especially when 1,000hp cars are glorified non stop on the interwebz. I caught myself looking at blowers and turbos and all sorts of shit and had to step back. No matter how much I spend it won't be enough so be happy that its not a yugo and enjoy it.

JDMLOL
06-07-2013, 12:43 PM
It's definitely an addiction. I told myself id be satisfied when I got a headers and a tuner, I've had them less than a month and I'm ready for more. The satisfaction lasted a week or less. Lol. At least it's not drugs or alcohol.

BLK2012GT
06-07-2013, 12:46 PM
I've had over a dozen Mustangs so I'm ready for something different. I think the Z06 is the best bang for the buck car in the lastfew decades. From stock, it's one of the best handling, quickest stock cars ever that outperform cars that cost two or three times as much. I'd also like a true sports car for a change, rather than an amped up passenger car.

I mean think about it, even as built as your car is it still has no chance against a stock C6 Z06. That's pretty impressive considering how modded your car is!

You miss my point. Smh

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 12:52 PM
You miss my point. Smh

Then perhaps you should make your point abit more clear. Did you mean it as your usual negative rhetorical statement rather than an actual question? I answered your question. :shakehead:

BLK2012GT
06-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Then perhaps you should make your point abit more clear. Did you mean it as your usual negative rhetorical statement rather than an actual question? I answered your question. :shakehead:

From the video it says you should be happy with what you have. And you said he makes a great point. Obviously you disagree with what he said cause now you want something "faster".

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 01:06 PM
From the video it says you should be happy with what you have. And you said he makes a great point. Obviously you disagree with what he said cause now you want something "faster".

I believe my post said "different" when I answered your question. It's just a bonus it's faster. ;)

JDBishopArts
06-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Go faster if you want to go faster. Stop when you're done. The End.

Bearded Banger
06-07-2013, 01:09 PM
If you're not first, you're last

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 01:14 PM
If you're not first, you're last

Ricky Bobby rules!

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Go faster if you want to go faster. Stop when you're done. The End.

You know damn well it's not that easy. Especially when you're part of a competitive group of buddies with fast cars. Talk some trash, mod the cars then go racing. It's a horrible addictive drug! LOL

Luke
06-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Ricky Bobby rules!

Ricky Bobby > Cole Trickle :troll3:

Luke
06-07-2013, 01:17 PM
You know damn well it's not that easy. Especially when you're part of a competitive group of buddies with fast cars. Talk some trash, mod the cars then go racing. It's a horrible addictive drug! LOL

This place alone is a death sentence for a bank account, lots of quick cars here

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 01:20 PM
This place alone is a death sentence for a bank account, lots of quick cars here

Yeah, it's easy to get caught up here. Hell, just racing Nick alone took A LOT of discipline for me not to spend like crazy on my car. But I managed to avoid it. :)

There is a few quick cars here, but really only three "fast" cars I can think of and none of them are Mustangs.

03MachMe
06-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Just do an autocross or road course event and you will quickly realize that even a stock mustang has plenty of power, it's all about how you can drive and how you get the power to the ground

Adam
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Just do an autocross or road course event and you will quickly realize that even a stock mustang has plenty of power, it's all about how you can drive and how you get the power to the ground

^^^ This.
I wanted 156545rwhp until I got my ass busted by a 160hp miata around some cones.

Junkie
06-07-2013, 02:28 PM
I've ruined a few cars taking them to far. While I see his point, I just can't really adapt it yet. I just mod, sell, move on.

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I agree totally with this video. My rx7 was built and man that thing had to be wrenched on everyday. Just checking the plugs or aything was done before driving. The 5.0 fits my needs perfect. Im gna do bolt ons, spray and enjoy it.

Phuck Phace
06-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Modding cars is fun, I don't have kids or any other responsibilities so wtf else am I supposed to do?

OG Fox
06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Modding cars is fun, I don't have kids or any other responsibilities so wtf else am I supposed to do?

buttsex with your roommate.

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Two chicks at the same time
Hookers
Blow
Build a home
vacations
Do things on your bucket list
Boat on party cove
Trip to space with Branson
NBA finals tickets
Superbowl tickets
World series tickets
Concerts
Get a girlfriend/boyfriend
Spend time with your family
Learn to make balloon animals with your cock n balls

I dunno, not much I guess. Mod away!

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
I've ruined a few cars taking them to far. While I see his point, I just can't really adapt it yet. I just mod, sell, move on.
ISnt it nice getting to drive the Zo6 around w/o breaking it?:High 5:

Grandpa
06-07-2013, 05:42 PM
ISnt it nice getting to drive the Zo6 around w/o breaking it?:High 5:

It has a T56 in it and with him driving it won't last long. He is cursed with T56's. lol

Bearded Banger
06-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Two chicks at the same time
Hookers
Blow
Build a home
vacations
Do things on your bucket list
Boat on party cove
Trip to space with Branson
NBA finals tickets
Superbowl tickets
World series tickets
Concerts
Get a girlfriend/boyfriend
Spend time with your family
Learn to make balloon animals with your cock n balls

I dunno, not much I guess. Mod away!

Checkitty, check, check! Do it all!

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 06:23 PM
It has a T56 in it and with him driving it won't last long. He is cursed with T56's. lol

It could have an unobtanium built trans or motor with unicorn gears and pistons, Will would break it.

Doug1227
06-07-2013, 06:36 PM
I can be pretty happy having a "fast" car, but not having the "Fastest" car. There's always going to be someone that's faster. The problem is that "fast" is a relative term and what once felt fast no longer does once you go faster!

Antothoro
06-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Yep.. that's a good lesson to learn.

Boomer
06-12-2013, 12:22 PM

Bringing this thread back alive lol! But have to agree with Steve, although the vette I have sitting in my garage isn't a Z06, it's a C6 with some very minor mods and tune. The cars are very impressive and simply fun to drive!

46Tbird
06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!

Selcouth
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
It's all about your resources. My car is my daily beater so I'm not interested in modding it too much. I have other things to waste my time and money on, like vacations, my house, and playing with my old cars. My Mustang looks good, runs good, is fun as hell to drive, and has cold a/c so I'm pretty satisfied with it.

If I had a retarded amount of money like SW or Mike Kelly I might chase four-digit horsepower or Texas mile records. But I don't, so I'm not going to get caught up in chasing the Joneses. It's crazy but I'm happy being slow!

This is why I have a daily then the fun cars to play around with. That way when they break down I still have a means of transportation. Although I did just ordered a shifter and custom knob for the daily. If anyone has driven a GTO then they know what I mean when I say the Shifter/knob is absolute garbage when it comes to driving spirited.

merlinmol
06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Daily driver is almost a must have if you are going to mod the hell out of your vehicle.

Dan12GT
06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I buy my cars to drive them. Modding is a fun factor to me as I like most any sports car owner is a speed junky. Since I like to drive my cars too I want to be able to drive them. I think there is a fine line between modding and going extreme. If it requires my car to sit in the shop for months and months on end I'm out.

Luke
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
I buy my cars to drive them. Modding is a fun factor to me as I like most any sports car owner is a speed junky. Since I like to drive my cars too I want to be able to drive them. I think there is a fine line between modding and going extreme. If it requires my car to sit in the shop for months and months on end I'm out.

Same here, I don't want to buy a brand new car so it can sit in a garage. This is my DD, the other car's a spare, not the other way around.