PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Smart Keyless Entry System

JDMLOL
06-04-2013, 09:42 PM
http://www.advancedkeys.com/Prod_AK104S.html

Thoughts?

I've really wanted a car with this technology. Every time I get in an infinity/nissan or an Audi I wish I had this.

Luke
06-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Eh... It's a cool idea but not worth the money IMO. It's your car though so if you like it go for it.

jrhagen
06-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Eh... It's a cool idea but not worth the money IMO. It's your car though so if you like it go for it.

I have to partially agree with Luke. It's a cool toy but is it worth the trouble to install it and 3 ugly little antennas in your car?

JDMLOL
06-05-2013, 07:29 AM
I figured they could be hidden. One under the dash and one in the trunk.

Craizie
06-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Looks neat. How does it defeat the steering wheel lock?

Luke
06-13-2013, 01:36 AM
The key is still in the ignition, it's just modified, you can see it in the link.

Craizie
06-13-2013, 09:54 AM
I guess I should have clarified. I meant on the push button start. I see how the knob works.

JDMLOL
06-14-2013, 02:19 PM
If there is no way to bypass the column locking mechanism then it has to be removed, which could be a PITA. That's why I was looking at the knob version.

2012mustang76123
07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
any updates on this went from having a infiniti to 5.0 and the only thing I miss is the push button and not having to fish my keys out.

2012mustang76123
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BYV29LW/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive

how about that anyone try to install one?

Here is 60+ pages with the company answering questions

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-ice-security/253351-rfid-push-start-sti-32.html

03MachMe
07-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Not going to lie I would like this as well.

Our chargers at work are like that and it's nice to just leave the keys on my belt and not worry about them

2012mustang76123
07-17-2013, 05:26 PM
anyone know a shop that might try to attempt to install it?

Mrjeremyt
07-17-2013, 09:13 PM
These kits are nice until one little thing goes goofy and the whole car goes to shit. Personally I'm not a fan of cutting up a $300 key, and sure you could go get a cheaper one without the fob built into it, but if you know Fords and where the sensor is on the key itself it's a costly chance to take. Not to mention disabling that part of the PATS is going to cause issues, and Ford is extremely picky with security. as far as the push button kits don't waste your time with these online kits. its cheaper in the long run to buy a factory Ford kit and have the dealer install it. Then it comes with a 12 month 12k mile warranty and it doesn't cut wires, it's all plug and play. I mean hell what would it cost to have a remote start installed by the dealership? A grand at the most? for a factory part with factory warranty it's well worth it to me.

On another note, I've seen these aftermarket kits cause issues with the PCM. One in particular was on a 09 GT500. when the car was being started the PCM was already reading sensor status, thinking the car was running and then when it was started it popped an DTC and the CEL came on. normally for low oil pressure, but it changed randomly. Removing the aftermarket kit fixed the problem. Now I agree could have been a shit install, because it was. but how would you ever know if you aren't installing it? So you spend 600 on the push button start, 250 minimum for install at Jose's stereo and alarm and all is good for a month. Then something happens, Jose says everything's good and it's a problem with the car. Off to the Ford dealership only for them to say that for a mere 3 hours labor they'll fix the problem but you'll lose the push button... Maybe I've seen too many bad installs cause I've got a drawer full of alarms in my toolbox. I'm probably biased against it. But just watch out, I'm sure you don't want to have to buy a SJB or anything else for one of these cars.

2012mustang76123
07-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Can't get push start on mustang installed from dealer, checked.

JDMLOL
07-17-2013, 09:26 PM
I couldn't care less about the push button start, I just want the proximity keyless entry.

Mrjeremyt
07-17-2013, 09:46 PM
What about a remote start?

And as far as the proximity bit I'd look for a kit that didn't mess with the ignition lock cylinder. Might have to be a one off build..

Mrjeremyt
07-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Also if at all possible try and get a hold of the wiring diagram for the kit and see what all it has to tie into and how. That will help determine how hard it would be. Most of these kits aren't that hard, just very meticulous. If you're good with electrical and have a good bit of downtime to spend in awkward posistions under your dash then it'll be a walk in the park.

Nay
07-21-2013, 12:26 PM
seems a bit pricey for not having reach into your pocket to push a button. typically guys really never are fumbling around for their keys. now as for women who have their keys in their purse, I can totally understand having this feature. would be much better if it was a factory or dealer installed item though. Then again everyone has their own personal taste and this is one that would make your car a bit different.:fish_h4h:

2012mustang76123
07-21-2013, 12:29 PM
seems a bit pricey for not having reach into your pocket to push a button. typically guys really never are fumbling around for their keys. now as for women who have their keys in their purse, I can totally understand having this feature. would be much better if it was a factory or dealer installed item though. Then again everyone has their own personal taste and this is one that would make your car a bit different.:fish_h4h:

once you've been in a car that had it for a while and go into a car 5 years newer that does not it kinda sucks.

Bad part about the kits is that they dont have any dealers in texas at all and they dont provide instructions. I dont wanna be the guinea pig.

JDMLOL
07-21-2013, 12:35 PM
once you've been in a car that had it for a while and go into a car 5 years newer that does not it kinda sucks.

Bad part about the kits is that they dont have any dealers in texas at all and they dont provide instructions. I dont wanna be the guinea pig.

Same here. Haven't found any diy for mustangs. I saw one for that scion brz or frs whatever it is and it looked like a pita.

Nay
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
True, never had it any on my cars so I guess I don't know what I'm missing :)

musclestang89
07-21-2013, 07:18 PM
so the new 5.0 doesnt have this but the Focus St does. thats pretty crazy. but the way the new focus st are pretty sweet and pretty damn quick.