PDA

View Full Version : Front plate delete

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
When I bought my car, the salesman went outside and drilled on the front plate while we were inside signing papers. Needless I wasn't happy about it but the damage was already done.

Does anyone know a way I can delete my front plate and not look like shit due to the holes?

Midnight11
06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
picked up these bumper clips at pep boys already gloss black for 1.99
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/nlorenzo08/242006_10151075922539352_2050023750_o_zps292f762e. jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/nlorenzo08/media/242006_10151075922539352_2050023750_o_zps292f762e. jpg.html)

46Tbird
06-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Take it to a bodyshop. You won't be really happy with anything else.

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Take it to a bodyshop. You won't be really happy with anything else.

I'm not dropping that kinda money when I'm about to sell the car.

PLASMAN
06-03-2013, 06:14 PM

Sell the car wtf? Why worry about it if your selling

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Sell the car wtf? Why worry about it if your selling

To give it more curb appeal is all. The better it looks the easier it will be to sell.

03MachMe
06-03-2013, 06:17 PM

:snoopfacepalm:

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 06:20 PM

What? A new bumper and paint would be expensive!

Midnight11
06-03-2013, 06:23 PM
when i buy a car the front plate is what i look at first ;)

46Tbird
06-03-2013, 06:33 PM
To give it more curb appeal is all. The better it looks the easier it will be to sell.

Front plate is required in Texas. Not sure I would spend the time or effort filling holes that someone is just going to drill back out.

Dan12GT
06-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Steve I never know what you are actually going to do with your car...

One day you are going to thow a paxton on, then a KB, then turbos, now you are selling it...

BTW if you are selling I wouldn't worry about it. It would take a shop filling and repainting it to fix that.

03MachMe
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
What? A new bumper and paint would be expensive!

no the selling the car thing......:chicken:

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Steve I never know what you are actually going to do with your car...

One day you are going to thow a paxton on, then a KB, then turbos, now you are selling it...

BTW if you are selling I wouldn't worry about it. It would take a shop filling and repainting it to fix that.

Haha, yeah. Before I bought this Stang, I really had my sights set on a C6 Z06. But then the wife told me that I was going to have to tell the kids they couldn't ride with me cuz of no backseat. So I gave in and went to look at a 13 GT500 but then dealers were putting 10-20k ADM on top of the sticker price. Well, I'll be damned if I will pay $75k for a Mustang so she talked me into looking into the GT's. They were alot nicer than I was expecting them to be and thought "hey, I could just do some bolt-ons and throw a blower on it to build a budget gt500".

Well, I've gotten a lil bored with the car and I'm not too confident in these cars with the problems they have after being highly modified. Since our new baby was born, the kids don't ride in it anymore cuz there isn't room for both of them. So when I go out in it, I'm usually alone anyways. Do the math on it, I could get a Z06, h/c/i that will rape a blown 5.0 and come out cheaper in the long run and it's what I really wanted in the first place.

That being said, the wife is a hardcore Mustang chick and is arguing to keep it. LOL.

First world problems.

no the selling the car thing......:chicken:

LOL. When you've had as many Mustangs as I have, you'd get it.

03MachMe
06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Nope will never get it. Mustang >old man barbie car

Dan12GT
06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Haha, yeah. Before I bought this Stang, I really had my sights set on a C6 Z06. But then the wife told me that I was going to have to tell the kids they couldn't ride with me cuz of no backseat. So I gave in and went to look at a 13 GT500 but then dealers were putting 10-20k ADM on top of the sticker price. Well, I'll be damned if I will pay $75k for a Mustang so she talked me into looking into the GT's. They were alot nicer than I was expecting them to be and thought "hey, I could just do some bolt-ons and throw a blower on it to build a budget gt500".

Well, I've gotten a lil bored with the car and I'm not too confident in these cars with the problems they have after being highly modified. Since our new baby was born, the kids don't ride in it anymore cuz there isn't room for both of them. So when I go out in it, I'm usually alone anyways. Do the math on it, I could get a Z06, h/c/i that will rape a blown 5.0 and come out cheaper in the long run and it's what I really wanted in the first place.

That being said, the wife is a hardcore Mustang chick and is arguing to keep it. LOL.

First world problems.

LOL. When you've had as many Mustangs as I have, you'd get it.

Ya I get ya. C6 Z06s are great cars. Damn expensive to mod too. Not really many cars out there though that you can expect to throw a blower on, increase the stock HP rating over 200 and not expect something to break. As they say, gotta pay to play.

jng2985
06-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Do IT! and sell/trade me your wheels and MGW. I'll introduce to my ZR1 buddy and let you hear all the reasons no to buy.. Loves the car but non-stop bitching about the little things.

46Tbird
06-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Good luck getting your C6Z. I would like to have one (non-Z), but the Mustang is my daily and a Corvette is just too small. And contrary to what the Bear Jew says, they're not built like Bentleys. Build quality between Corvettes and Mustangs is about the same IMO, which is pretty good, but c'mon...

Grandpa
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Do IT! and sell/trade me your wheels and MGW. I'll introduce to my ZR1 buddy and let you hear all the reasons no to buy.. Loves the car but non-stop bitching about the little things.

Not parting it out. Sorry.

Good luck getting your C6Z. I would like to have one (non-Z), but the Mustang is my daily and a Corvette is just too small. And contrary to what the Bear Jew says, they're not built like Bentleys. Build quality between Corvettes and Mustangs is about the same IMO, which is pretty good, but c'mon...

It's not my daily, it's a toy that sits in the garage most of the time.

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Why not just suck up the boredom and not mod it for awhile? I'd sell the Mach before the 5.0, honestly. You can still get great money for that car, and use that towards something for kid friendly, like a SRT8 Jeep GC, TBSS, or something like that.

Grandpa
06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Why not just suck up the boredom and not mod it for awhile? I'd sell the Mach before the 5.0, honestly. You can still get great money for that car, and use that towards something for kid friendly, like a SRT8 Jeep GC, TBSS, or something like that.

Why would I suck up the boredom? That seems kinda dumb to me rather than getting what I want. I thought I needed something kid friendly, but I really don't since I'm usually by myself when out in the car. When I have both the kids, I have my truck.

The Mach is the wife's car that I avoid driving unless I have to. I tried selling it once for her cuz she thought she wanted to. The buyer was coming from Louisana to get it, she cried for hours and changed her mind. So I had to tell the guy to turn around to go home. Needless to say he was a lil pissed. So when she wants to sell it, she will have to do that herself cuz I'm not doing that again! lol.

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I forgot you already had your truck.

You can still have fun in the Mustang. What's not to say you will get tired of the Z? As car guys, we will always want to go faster, even after we just made our cars faster. It's a endless cycle. But I think there are still ways to keep the car and have fun with it. Maybe start doing autocross or something? Discover a whole different realm of driving the car. That should cure your boredom, I would think.

Midnight11
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
His mind is made up we all have been there lol

Phuck Phace
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
In Steves defense he is hitting that age where men feel like they need to have a vette. Good luck with that pops.

Midnight11
06-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Bahahah that's true

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 02:08 PM
In Steves defense he is hitting that age where men feel like they need to have a vette. Good luck with that pops.

:lol:

Grandpa
06-04-2013, 02:21 PM
I forgot you already had your truck.

You can still have fun in the Mustang. What's not to say you will get tired of the Z? As car guys, we will always want to go faster, even after we just made our cars faster. It's a endless cycle. But I think there are still ways to keep the car and have fun with it. Maybe start doing autocross or something? Discover a whole different realm of driving the car. That should cure your boredom, I would think.

You seem to forget I've been at this quite bit longer than you and have had over a dozen Stangs already. Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different after this long. If I get the unshakable desire to drive a Mustang again, we still have the Mach. I appreciate the advice though.

Grandpa
06-04-2013, 02:24 PM

Hell yeah! Seems like a good reason to start my mid-life!

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 02:38 PM
You seem to forget I've been at this quite bit longer than you and have had over a dozen Stangs already. Nothing wrong with wanting to do something different after this long. If I get the unshakable desire to drive a Mustang again, we still have the Mach. I appreciate the advice though.

Yeah, you have. That what makes it suck more because I'm sure there have been many different options already tried.

Sorry I was a little dickish in my posts. I re-read them and definitely should've worded things different. No intention of coming off how I did. :beer:

Can I at least have your ORH? :)

Grandpa
06-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Yeah, you have. That what makes it suck more because I'm sure there have been many different options already tried.

Sorry I was a little dickish in my posts. I re-read them and definitely should've worded things different. No intention of coming off how I did. :beer:

Can I at least have your ORH? :)

No worries. I havent done it yet so anything can happen between now and then.

Selcouth
06-04-2013, 07:33 PM
C6 Z0. That's one hell of an upgrade from a mustang. Although I have a sneaky suspicion you might op for a V instead.

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 08:01 PM
C6 Z0. That's one hell of an upgrade from a mustang. Although I have a sneaky suspicion you might op for a V instead.

I would get a CTSV wagon. :drool:

Phuck Phace
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
I would get a CTSV wagon. :drool:

Love the V wagons. I raced a blue one that was pretty quick. Didn't hear the honk and had to reel him in.

Luke
06-05-2013, 03:31 AM
Love the V wagons. I raced a blue one that was pretty quick. Didn't hear the honk and had to reel him in.

I raced a blue coupe a while back in my Cobra, looked stock. He pulled up so I told him to take off and I'll catch him! My mistake, lol, took me a little longer than I thought to catch back up.

Oxford14Stang
06-17-2013, 01:49 PM
So your going to sell the stang for a C6Z.. I have always been a ford guy and have only owned fords, but the C6Z would be about the only other car I'd consider owning(other than the STi my wifey wants) I have heard though, that was mentioned eailer the vetts have a lot of their own problems. I know a few Chevy techs and they'll tell you the same thing. Good luck on your purchase, but I personally would take a 13-14' GT500 over a C6Z

thelandshark
06-19-2013, 05:19 PM
I use to work on as a light line chevy tech before ford and they have a lot of issues a lot of road noise tires every 12 to 15k and there about 550each oil pans leak all the time on them and u have to fine it ur self cause techs are not allowed to upsell warrany work not saying there bad cars there pretty quick but u really gotta like spending a assload of money to have one good luck with whatever u get