PDA

View Full Version : Let me try your shifter!

Zeek
06-02-2013, 05:25 AM
So AM has their SR short throw shifter on sale. Personally i dont have a problem shifting but ive never used a short throw shifter before. Im not sure id like it and want to test one out. So who wants to let me drive their car for 5 mins er so?

OG Fox
06-02-2013, 11:51 AM
what year car do you have? and if its 11-14, the mgw is def. worth the price.

GTOphil
06-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I had the mgw-p in my GTO...loved it.

Grandpa
06-02-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll let you sit in my car and try the MGW shifter, but you aren't driving my car anywhere. lol.

re-rx7
06-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I'll let you sit in my car and try the MGW shifter, but you aren't driving my car anywhere. lol.
PRICK.:pimp:

downtime!
06-02-2013, 03:47 PM
LOL! I was thinking the same thing as Steve. You're more than welcome to row through the gears sitting in the parking lot, but drive? My car? I don't think so.

Grandpa
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
PRICK.:pimp:

Lol. You're lucky im on my phone right now or id show you how much a prick I can be.

Zeek
06-02-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't want to drive someone's supercharged car. Just go around the block or something. But if its all that big of a deal never mind then.

Phuck Phace
06-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I'd let you try mine if I had it.

Grandpa
06-02-2013, 09:28 PM
LOL! I was thinking the same thing as Steve. You're more than welcome to row through the gears sitting in the parking lot, but drive? My car? I don't think so.

Exactly

downtime!
06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
I sooner let you fuck my wife than drive my car. But I'm divorced so that really wouldn't matter anyway.

JDMLOL
06-02-2013, 10:58 PM
I sooner let you fuck my wife than drive my car. But I'm divorced so that really wouldn't matter anyway.

Lololololol!

Selcouth
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Subtle I want to beat on other people's cars thread.

Grandpa
06-03-2013, 09:14 AM

LMMFAO!!

Subtle I want to beat on other people's cars thread.

More than likely. I once let a friend drive one of my cars. It was a sweet, slammed 89 LX hatch on chrome ponies. H/C/I and a 150 shot. The car was just beautiful and sounded amazing. I let my buddy Brad drive it because he was always a Camaro guy and had never driven a fox before. He told me he would take it easy that just wanted to see what it felt like. Mind you, this was one of my really good friends. He was a calm, responsible dude who I had never known to get a ticket let alone wreck.

The ride started out fine. He was grinning ear to ear just hearing it driving through the neighborhood. We pulled up to a stop sign and the car had warmed up and really started camming at that point and he started giggling like a schoolgirl. He gave is a lil gas and took off and he was like "oh shit!". He continued to row through the gears hauling ass and the street came to a "T" end, he locked up the brakes and the car slid all the way through the stop sign to the other side of the street slamming into the curb....right where the drainage ditch was....BAM. He probably hit it around 50mph. The damage was so bad the K member on the right side was pushed to the firewall and buckled the LEFT side of the ROOF. Car was totaled and even worse a friendship ruined forever. :(

That was 15 years ago. Since then I had several cars, including my 93 Cobra I had for seven years and no one drove the car but me, not even my wife. I've had my 12 GT for over a year now and the wife has only driven it onceand Toby drove it around the block after putting in the shifter.

When I go to sell the 12 GT here soon, no one will drive it then either unless they bring a check with them just like every car I've sold.

In short, can you drive my car? Fuck no and I won't drive yours either. With exception of Will who throws me the keys to every car he owns. lol. I drove the V and didn't leave the parking lot or get into boost even though he told me to go have fun with it. I don't reem on my own car, I certainly won't do it to someone else's car.

Luke
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM

:rofl:

And Steve, although I didn't have mine end up in a wreck I know what you're saying. I let my step-bro drive my supercharged LX because his car broke down and I needed my truck. I told him to take it easy, it wasn't anything amazing but it was mine. Needless to say he brings it back, no damage or anything but a few days later he describes how he and another guy went racing and how he pretty much beat the shit out of the car the entire to east Dallas and back. I let very few people drive my car now.

GTOphil
06-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Yeah there are only 3 people I let drive my cars besides me...even though they've never been too fast.

Wife, best friend and Steve @ SNL Performance. Nobody else is getting the keys.

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Got my Sr performnce shiifter put in lastnight. I love it.

03MachMe
06-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow you guys are a little up tight about your cars. I let a couple guys at work, my father in law, brother in law, and anyone I have known for a little while drive it as long as I know they can drive a stick. I'm sure he wasn't saying, "hey let me take your car to red line in 1st-4th more like let me take it around the block to see what this shifter is all about. Hell I have driven garys cobra and boss, took Nic's down the strip, and drove my best friends 12 and 03 cobra almost the day he bought them. That's the main reason I bought the mach then the 5.0

downtime!
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Nothing personal, but my car is a little different than most here and I'm not turning someone loose in it who isn't used to driving a 600+ horsepower car.

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Nothing personal, but my car is a little different than most here and I'm not turning someone loose in it who isn't used to driving a 600+ horsepower car.

Whata bout someone who is? :head3:

OG Fox
06-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Wow you guys are a little up tight about your cars. I let a couple guys at work, my father in law, brother in law, and anyone I have known for a little while drive it as long as I know they can drive a stick. I'm sure he wasn't saying, "hey let me take your car to red line in 1st-4th more like let me take it around the block to see what this shifter is all about. Hell I have driven garys cobra and boss, took Nic's down the strip, and drove my best friends 12 and 03 cobra almost the day he bought them. That's the main reason I bought the mach then the 5.0

who hasn't driven gary's cobra and boss. those cars are like sluts in the dfw5.0s community. just like gary i guess.

5PointSlow
06-07-2013, 05:24 PM

yup, thats the way I really look at it. Ive let a couple close friends drive it and they were to scared to even open her up!

downtime!
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Whata bout someone who is? :head3:Probably have to buy me dinner first.

re-rx7
06-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Probably have to buy me dinner first.

Taco bell it is.:waytogo:

downtime!
06-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Taco bell it is.:waytogo:Yeah, I'm a cheap date.

JDMLOL
06-07-2013, 08:06 PM
LMMFAO!!

More than likely. I once let a friend drive one of my cars. It was a sweet, slammed 89 LX hatch on chrome ponies. H/C/I and a 150 shot. The car was just beautiful and sounded amazing. I let my buddy Brad drive it because he was always a Camaro guy and had never driven a fox before. He told me he would take it easy that just wanted to see what it felt like. Mind you, this was one of my really good friends. He was a calm, responsible dude who I had never known to get a ticket let alone wreck.

The ride started out fine. He was grinning ear to ear just hearing it driving through the neighborhood. We pulled up to a stop sign and the car had warmed up and really started camming at that point and he started giggling like a schoolgirl. He gave is a lil gas and took off and he was like "oh shit!". He continued to row through the gears hauling ass and the street came to a "T" end, he locked up the brakes and the car slid all the way through the stop sign to the other side of the street slamming into the curb....right where the drainage ditch was....BAM. He probably hit it around 50mph. The damage was so bad the K member on the right side was pushed to the firewall and buckled the LEFT side of the ROOF. Car was totaled and even worse a friendship ruined forever. :(

That was 15 years ago. Since then I had several cars, including my 93 Cobra I had for seven years and no one drove the car but me, not even my wife. I've had my 12 GT for over a year now and the wife has only driven it onceand Toby drove it around the block after putting in the shifter.

When I go to sell the 12 GT here soon, no one will drive it then either unless they bring a check with them just like every car I've sold.

In short, can you drive my car? Fuck no and I won't drive yours either. With exception of Will who throws me the keys to every car he owns. lol. I drove the V and didn't leave the parking lot or get into boost even though he told me to go have fun with it. I don't reem on my own car, I certainly won't do it to someone else's car.

I feel the same way I dont want anyone driving mine and I really dont wanna drive anyone else's. Too much pressure on me driving someone else's car. Stories like your's and other's where friends mechanically over rev the owner's shit is enough to keep me from throwing friends the keys