PDA

View Full Version : On 3 Performance Twin Turbo Kit

KnightRider5.0
05-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Hello gents I'm still a few months out from getting the On 3 Performance Twin Turbo kit, but I'm trying to see who all has it already? How's your car running? Any Issues? Or regrets?

Grandpa
05-31-2013, 08:34 PM
LOL...oh boy. Good luck with that one.

Out of curiousity, which turbos did you select with your kit?

KnightRider5.0
05-31-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm upgrading from 60s to the 67mm's everyone has very different experiences with this kit a friend has a boss with it cars a beast another guy complains about it. I figure it's a basic start and I can upgrade turbos or whatever other weak components I need to. I refuse to pay $5,000 plus for a single or dual turbo kit.

Grandpa
05-31-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm upgrading from 60s to the 67mm's everyone has very different experiences with this kit a friend has a boss with it cars a beast another guy complains about it. I figure it's a basic start and I can upgrade turbos or whatever other weak components I need to. I refuse to pay $5,000 plus for a single or dual turbo kit.

What brand of turbos? Specs?

KnightRider5.0
05-31-2013, 08:47 PM
Google On 3 performance, the kit is 3,890 with 60 mm turbos. It says On 3 performance turbos.

Grandpa
05-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Google On 3 performance, the kit is 3,890 with 60 mm turbos. It says On 3 performance turbos.

I'm very aware of the kits, the production and story of the company. Do NOT use their stock turbos or at least plan on saving up for some Precisions later. The chinese turbos the kit comes with are not good turbos, will burn out the seals and just don't flow well. They take quite abit more boost to make the same power the Hellion TT kit does and near half the boost level.

Midnight11
05-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Josh runs this kit

Grandpa
05-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Josh runs this kit

It will be interesting to see the differences between Josh and Kevin's kits. Will be very telling. Just from having my hands on the Hellion kit already, its a very well engineered kit. Urist thought of so many things ahead of time it's insane. The fit and finish is awesome. The kit used to come with Turbonetics, but now comes with Precisions. With the On3 kit, you can tell quite a few things were more after thoughts rather than engineered properly.

Luke
06-01-2013, 05:12 AM
I refuse to pay $5,000 plus for a single or dual turbo kit.

Gotta pay to play!

STROKD
06-01-2013, 11:04 AM

5k is a lot? I have about 11 in mine and I got hooked up. Of course mine wasn't made in China by children slaves either.

STROKD
06-01-2013, 11:06 AM
It will be interesting to see the differences between Josh and Kevin's kits. Will be very telling. Just from having my hands on the Hellion kit already, its a very well engineered kit. Urist thought of so many things ahead of time it's insane. The fit and finish is awesome. The kit used to come with Turbonetics, but now comes with Precisions. With the On3 kit, you can tell quite a few things were more after thoughts rather than engineered properly.

Kevin's setup looks WAY nicer, Hellion knows their shit, and well On3, pretends to... If Kevin and Josh ever race (doubtful), Kevin should put a few on Josh pretty steadily if they ran the same boost...

downtime!
06-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Friend of mine in Ohio just did the On3 single kit on his '07. They have to keep it dialed back due to the stock internals, but he's making 520 on a hopefully safe tune. We lined up at last months race up there and he clicked off a 12.0 at 125 (spinning his 18" DR's to half track). The performance is there, even in a cheap kit, but as has been stated, upgrade the turbo(s) to be safe.

And LOL at the child labor comment!

Junkie
06-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Hellion > On3 by far.

LMFAO at anybody thinking On3 produces there own turbos, or that 5k is expensive for a NICE turbo kit. A nice turbo setup is going to cost more then that for sure.

re-rx7
06-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hellion > On3 by far.

LMFAO at anybody thinking On3 produces there own turbos, or that 5k is expensive for a NICE turbo kit. A nice turbo setup is going to cost more then that for sure.

:GetMoney::word: