PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous nitrous.

re-rx7
05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
My dad is giving me his Zex wet kit off his 02 gt. basically brand new used twice lol. Anyway just curious if it will work on the 5.0 or do I need a specific kit.

svt-eric
05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
i feel like we've been over this a billion times lol.

TurboZ
05-28-2013, 09:12 PM
hook it up and see what happens :D

re-rx7
05-28-2013, 09:54 PM
My main concern is not knowing whether or not the 5.0 is return or not return style.

blownaltered
05-28-2013, 10:12 PM
Google is your friend

re-rx7
05-28-2013, 10:26 PM
I have googled. The only thing that pops up is the blackout kit and specific coyote kits. Jesus, an answer is all that is needed.

svt-eric
05-28-2013, 10:49 PM
just hook up the dry kit part of it and get a throttle body plate and u should be good to go. a little nitrous wont hurt it unless u got big shot. theres not very much to install nitrous. i parted up a kit and made brackets for my 03 gt from my dads shop lol.

just depends how u want it to come on. i had to make 2 brackets. 1 for the WOT trigger and one for the dry selenoid. everything else is pretty much wiring up.

oh yea i take that back. had to mount the bottle too lol.

its easy stuff just depends how u want it set up.

re-rx7
05-28-2013, 10:59 PM
This is a wet kit as I prefer wet kits. I'm just worried about splicing into the fuel line. I knw the zex kit for the coyote has an adapter. How would one go about it with an adapter?

BlueBolt
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
You could always try to call zex and ask them about purchasing the adapter or an alternative

re-rx7
05-28-2013, 11:35 PM
That's my nxt move just thought I'd research here dr some first hand experience.

46Tbird
05-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I have googled. The only thing that pops up is the blackout kit and specific coyote kits. Jesus, an answer is all that is needed.

You want us to do all the research and give you an answer that could blow up your engine? If all you need is an answer, here's one: that '02 GT wet kit won't work on a coyote.

Luke
05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
You should be able to easily piece together the parts you need to make it coyote friendly, zex, nx and nitrous outlet have plenty of parts to choose from. If it's not listed jut give them a call.

svt-eric
05-29-2013, 04:10 PM
You want us to do all the research and give you an answer that could blow up your engine? If all you need is an answer, here's one: that '02 GT wet kit won't work on a coyote.

:bowroflwerd6:

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 04:27 PM

I figured someone might know. No harm in asking is there? I want you to do all the research? Won't work huh? Just called zex. Apparently it will. Just gta but there fuel line adapter and might as buy the plug and play harness. Goddamn your smert.

I remember you now. You were the one arguing about the vtec system and all that mess. I posted links and you never had a retort.

Courtesy Flush
05-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Not read watch I figured someone might know. No harm in asking is there? I want you to do all the research? Won't work huh? Just called zex. Apparently it will. Just gta but there fuel line adapter and might as buy the plug and play harness. Goddamn your smert.

I remember you now. You were the one arguing about the vtec system and all that mess. I posted links and you never had a retort.

you made a mistake coming to this site for tech information.

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol I see that now.

Slow Five-O
05-29-2013, 04:51 PM
I figured someone might know. No harm in asking is there? I want you to do all the research? Won't work huh? Just called zex. Apparently it will. Just gta but there fuel line adapter and might as buy the plug and play harness. Goddamn your smert.

You sarcastically call someone smart while you're typing like a 5 year old.

IHateThisSite
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
The reason I ask specific people questions not post them ... It's all just troll bate and flame war... Better to ask the smart ones who don't act like dicks when you ask a question ... Using this site for anything more than bragging about your blown car and entertainment is scary at best...

46Tbird
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Oh you totally got me there, Einstein. The fucking nitrous bottle and the line are the same for EVERY nitrous system but none of the fuel system parts and triggering mechanism for the 4.6 2v will work on your 5.0.

So let's review my answer: "that '02 GT wet kit won't work on a coyote." Thanks for calling Zex to confirm that my answer was indeed correct after all. I hope you didn't really call their tech line to ask such a dumb question. They're gonna think people from Texas are all like you.

Of course, I remember you too. You're that fucktard that doesn't realize when he's wrong. I showed you there that Honda didn't invent variable valve technology, I showed you that Ford's Ti-VCT doesn't work the same way as Honda's, and today I showed you that a wet kit for a 4.6 won't work on a coyote. Maybe someday you'll appreciate the time I've taken to educate you.

BLK2012GT
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Come on cool it guys.

Phuck Phace
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Lmao

BLK2012GT
05-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Lmao

Don't encourage the animals fuck face.

svt-eric
05-29-2013, 06:09 PM
:lol2:

Junkie
05-29-2013, 06:10 PM

LMFAO, this guy wins

Midnight11
05-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Actually alot of tech and people know their shit on here but if u ask in a retard way what makes you think people will help you?

46Tbird
05-29-2013, 06:18 PM

LMFAO, this guy wins

I agree. Not that I think this site (http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99516) is much better, but at least I can share a link to something that may actually be helpful.

Junkie
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Actually alot of tech and people know their shit on here but if u ask in a retard way what makes you think people will help you?

I think my definition of "know their shit" and yours are different.

Just pointing out..

What he said was FUNNY AS FUCK! and this isn't really a tech based site like some others.

Slow Five-O
05-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Re-rx7 (I can't for the life of me remember your name) is yours a stick or auto? I remember bsing with you about it but I've got shit for a memory. Curious to see how it'll do with a small shot!

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 07:53 PM
LMFAO, this guy wins
True.

Oh you totally got me there, Einstein. The fucking nitrous bottle and the line are the same for EVERY nitrous system but none of the fuel system parts and triggering mechanism for the 4.6 2v will work on your 5.0.

So let's review my answer: "that '02 GT wet kit won't work on a coyote." Thanks for calling Zex to confirm that my answer was indeed correct after all. I hope you didn't really call their tech line to ask such a dumb question. They're gonna think people from Texas are all like you.

Of course, I remember you too. You're that fucktard that doesn't realize when he's wrong. I showed you there that Honda didn't invent variable valve technology, I showed you that Ford's Ti-VCT doesn't work the same way as Honda's, and today I showed you that a wet kit for a 4.6 won't work on a coyote. Maybe someday you'll appreciate the time I've taken to educate you.
Well then by all means educate me. How does the system in the coyote work? I said we should thank Honda. Which is the company that mass marketed the first variable switching system. As I stated earlier, the question was a simple one. The kit will cost less by piecing it together then buying a new one as some have stated. The box will work and everything else. The plug and play I was referring to is a 30$ part that clips into your power point for a cleaner install. So lets review, box, bottle, line and everything works just have to add fuel fitting and if I want the harness for a cleaner install.

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Re-rx7 (I can't for the life of me remember your name) is yours a stick or auto? I remember bsing with you about it but I've got shit for a memory. Curious to see how it'll do with a small shot!

Names Brandon, it's a 3:31 Stick car. Looking at a 125 shot.

Midnight11
05-29-2013, 08:21 PM
I think my definition of "know their shit" and yours are different.

Just pointing out..

What he said was FUNNY AS FUCK! and this isn't really a tech based site like some others.

No I really don't think it is...

Doug1227
05-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Sure, it'll work. Hook it up, turn on the bottle, take it out and be sure and video tape it! There, see how easy that was, guys?

Slow Five-O
05-29-2013, 08:38 PM
Names Brandon, it's a 3:31 Stick car. Looking at a 125 shot.

Post up how it goes on here or the other shitty site so I can feel like crap about how my turd is running.

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Sure, it'll work. Hook it up, turn on the bottle, take it out and be sure and video tape it! There, see how easy that was, guys?

I will just for you. As I said earlier, the zex boxes are exactly the same. All I need really is the fuel line fitting. That's it.

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Post up how it goes on here or the other shitty site so I can feel like crap about how my turd is running.
I don't think it's gna be all that quick even with the juice.

Slow Five-O
05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
I don't think it's gna be all that quick even with the juice.

I'm sure it'll be fun with tires.

re-rx7
05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
That's the key word. With tires. Lol

jng2985
05-29-2013, 09:12 PM
So instead of trying to make this site a place for technical questions the majority avoid an answer, as obivous as it may be? A little ironic.... People ask because they don't know, that's how everyone learned to became masters of their crafts. How about a link to a previous thread/answer if there is one? Of course followed by "do a fucking search". A few clicks of the mouse and problem solved?

46Tbird
05-30-2013, 09:56 AM
The kit will cost less by piecing it together then buying a new one as some have stated. The box will work and everything else. The plug and play I was referring to is a 30$ part that clips into your power point for a cleaner install. So lets review, box, bottle, line and everything works just have to add fuel fitting and if I want the harness for a cleaner install.

Sounds like you got it all figured out, playa. Just because I wouldn't scrape together $30 to build a nitrous kit for my $30k car doesn't mean you shouldn't. Be sure to document your install and testing. I'm sure this brilliant plan will be fun to watch.

So instead of trying to make this site a place for technical questions the majority avoid an answer, as obivous as it may be? A little ironic.... People ask because they don't know, that's how everyone learned to became masters of their crafts. How about a link to a previous thread/answer if there is one? Of course followed by "do a fucking search". A few clicks of the mouse and problem solved?

Actually, I did try to help by adding a link here. (http://dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=31953&postcount=26)

GTOphil
05-30-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought this was a place to "hang out" not measure what's hanging out...

re-rx7
05-30-2013, 10:31 AM
Sounds like you got it all figured out, playa. Just because I wouldn't scrape together $30 to build a nitrous kit for my $30k car doesn't mean you shouldn't. Be sure to document your install and testing. I'm sure this brilliant plan will be fun to watch.

Actually, I did try to help by adding a link here. (http://dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=31953&postcount=26)

Are you thick? The whole damn kit is exactly the same as the one that is " for the coyote" Save for the fitting. Look on their site. They only sell two nitrous management boxes one for wet one for dry. The only thing I really need is that fuel fitting to tap the factory fuel line.

jng2985
05-30-2013, 10:32 AM

Wasn't a direct shot at you, more of personal assumption towards the progression of this thread..

46Tbird
05-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Are you thick? The whole damn kit is exactly the same as the one that is " for the coyote" Save for the fitting. Look on their site. They only sell two nitrous management boxes one for wet one for dry. The only thing I really need is that fuel fitting to tap the factory fuel line.

Sounds good!

re-rx7
05-30-2013, 11:07 AM
It's all good.

Luke
05-30-2013, 11:33 AM
:popcorn:

IHateThisSite
05-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Ask question .... 32 post of people being dicks... Look it up yourself even knowing 10 people here know how it works... Post you got it and 30 more post of shit talking .... Seems about right haha ...

So are you going to hook this up or was it more about getting info on how you would if you wanted to?

re-rx7
05-30-2013, 12:47 PM
More or less just personal experience. Was just looking for some insight on the kit. I knew it would probably work but was just worried about fittings and such. This the reason for the post.

Grandpa
05-30-2013, 12:52 PM
That's enough.

BLK2012GT
05-31-2013, 01:28 AM
Oh you guys pissed off papa bear.