PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Meet South of I-20?

JDMLOL
05-27-2013, 10:53 PM
I would love to get a weekly meet started for people living in the Arlington/Mansfield/Burleson/Kennedale/Crowley/Midlothian/Cedar Hill/GP area. I know of a few guys down in this area. Just wondering, who all lives down in this area and would be up for meeting at a Sonic or something?

PLASMAN
05-27-2013, 10:58 PM
I thought dark pony already set up a thursday night meet?

JDMLOL
05-27-2013, 11:09 PM
He did, and I plan on going to that one when I can, but it's still a nice drive out there from where I am at. I wanted to get an idea of how many were in the southern part of DFW.

Luke
05-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Not sure if it's still going on but there was a meet on Friday's at 7 in Burleson at 140 NW John Jones (corner of 731 & 174). Not a mustang thing but they had been having a pretty good showing through March/April.

DirtyD
05-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Not sure if it's still going on but there was a meet on Friday's at 7 in Burleson at 140 NW John Jones (corner of 731 & 174). Not a mustang thing but they had been having a pretty good showing through March/April.

WTF? When did this start? Where is it at? HEB, Rosas, Tiger Mart, or CVS? Lol

moostang09
05-28-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm down for a south of I 20 meet! The thurs hooters meet is a bit too far!

Stangmaster281
05-29-2013, 12:28 AM
I agree, the hooters out in Ft.Worth is a little ways from Midlothian. So I'm up for anything south of I-20. I'm sure my brother is too. How does a Friday sound?

JDMLOL
05-29-2013, 07:18 AM
I agree, the hooters out in Ft.Worth is a little ways from Midlothian. So I'm up for anything south of I-20. I'm sure my brother is too. How does a Friday sound?

That usually works for me.

JDMLOL
05-29-2013, 10:01 PM
What about saturday?

BeastStang1302
05-30-2013, 12:40 AM
Saturday works too

GTRacerX
05-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I can do Thursday nights.

Luke
05-30-2013, 05:19 AM
WTF? When did this start? Where is it at? HEB, Rosas, Tiger Mart, or CVS? Lol

Started in early March by a friend of mine and a couple of guys he knows. It got to around 75 cars but since I'm out of the loop right now I'm not sure if it's still going, he said it would be though. He got KC from Gas Monkey to come out with his truck and that brought some people (we went to school with him). I guess I could quit being lazy and ask him, I'll get back to you in a day or two.

JDMLOL
05-30-2013, 07:36 AM
I can do Thursday nights.

Don't want to interfere with the other Tarrant meet run by Jonathan because I will still make that one when I can.

I want to see how many more hits I get from locals on this thread then I will try to finalize a day and/or hit up that Burleson meet if it's still going on.

DirtyD
05-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Started in early March by a friend of mine and a couple of guys he knows. It got to around 75 cars but since I'm out of the loop right now I'm not sure if it's still going, he said it would be though. He got KC from Gas Monkey to come out with his truck and that brought some people (we went to school with him). I guess I could quit being lazy and ask him, I'll get back to you in a day or two.
Please do. I would stop by for a little while since it's closer to where I will be on a Friday.

Luke
05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Got an answer a couple hours ago, it's still going on. From what I've heard there were quite a few classics and an older crowd along with some VW group that brought a bunch of cars. The rest is filled by a random selection of cars/trucks. My buddy spoke with the owner of the property so there shouldn't be any trouble, just don't do anything stupid like burnouts or runs down 731/174. Let me know how it goes.

DirtyD
05-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Yeah, only people that don't know the Crowley/Burleson PD would do that. LOL

I may check it out. Thanks, Luke.

Luke
05-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I know most people are respectful but being that it's my buddies gtg I'd hate to be the one who ruins it by telling some idiot about it and gets it shut down.

DirtyD
05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I know most people are respectful but being that it's my buddies gtg I'd hate to be the one who ruins it by telling some idiot about it and gets it shut down.

I haven't don't a single burnout yet in my car, so yeah. Haha

Don't worry though. I'll make sure that anyone I let know about it doesn't screw it up for others.

Hagen3great
05-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I graduated from Burleson. .. they'd be like, "you again!" Lol

Luke
05-30-2013, 03:47 PM
I graduated from Burleson. .. they'd be like, "you again!" Lol

I went to Crowley and N. Crowley, graduated a couple years before N. Crowley really went to shit. I moved to Burleson for a while after that, it's crazy how much it's grown since the high school days.

moostang09
06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I vote we meet at the new fuzzys in Mansfield! It's nice and has a huge patio with tvs and plenty of parking!

DirtyD
06-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I vote we meet at the new fuzzys in Mansfield! It's nice and has a huge patio with tvs and plenty of parking!

But it's busy as hell because that basically gives midlothian and Mansfield their own Fuzzy's now. It will probably remain really busy for awhile.

JDMLOL
06-02-2013, 10:52 PM

Where is there a new fuzzys?! That would be a badass spot.

Luke
06-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Did anyone stop by the Burleson meet?

JDMLOL
06-03-2013, 07:48 AM

I had plans for Friday by the time you mentioned it, I'll probably check it out this Friday.

DirtyD
06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Off Debbie Ln about 1/2 mile before 287 or so.

I stayed at my apt Friday night since I was going to C&C Saturday morning. I maye try and stop by it this Friday.

Capt_Pooty
06-03-2013, 09:01 AM
I will check it out this Friday as well. I work in Burleson right off of Renfro.. Pretty close to me to check out.. If you guys do not make it I will pop some pics and post up.

moostang09
06-03-2013, 09:03 AM

Off of Debbie and mattock sorta, right passed lifetime where they are building the new apartments!

DirtyD
06-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I will check it out this Friday as well. I work in Burleson right off of Renfro.. Pretty close to me to check out.. If you guys do not make it I will pop some pics and post up.
What's the name of the place? I'm in Burleson a ton, so I may have seen your car a few too many times. :p

Luke
06-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Best things in Burleson...

1. FasTaco
2. Little Italian place by MCMC (it's BYOB)
3. Overtime (when it used to be there)
4. Traffic (wait no, that shit sucks)
5. Cheaper gas than most of DFW

Honorable mention...
Hibachi/Sushi place is pretty good
Old Town Burleson has some nice places too

DirtyD
06-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Best things in Burleson...

1. FasTaco
2. Little Italian place by MCMC (it's BYOB)
3. Overtime (when it used to be there)
4. Traffic (wait no, that shit sucks)
5. Cheaper gas than most of DFW

Honorable mention...
Hibachi/Sushi place is pretty good
Old Town Burleson has some nice places too

FasTaco sucks now. Fuzzy's is a much better alternative. I'd go to Taco Nobueno before FasTaco again.

Hibachi is nice, but the shows get old after awhile. Lol.

Fresco's in Old Town is great. As well as Grump's Burgers. There is also a small panini place by the police station called Pinnocio's. Small and quaint, but they have great paninis and gelato!

Amen to the gas prices! I usually alway try and make it down there for fuel. Lol

That Italian place is called Sammy's Pizza and Pasta. Great food and very well hidden from being crazy busy.

Luke
06-03-2013, 10:11 AM
FasTaco sucks now. Fuzzy's is a much better alternative. I'd go to Taco Nobueno before FasTaco again.

Hibachi is nice, but the shows get old after awhile. Lol.

Fresco's in Old Town is great. As well as Grump's Burgers. There is also a small panini place by the police station called Pinnocio's. Small and quaint, but they have great paninis and gelato!

Amen to the gas prices! I usually alway try and make it down there for fuel. Lol

That Italian place is called Sammy's Pizza and Pasta. Great food and very well hidden from being crazy busy.

Well that sucks about FasTaco, I wonder if it got a new owner, that place used to be badass, great salsa too. I like Fuzzy's but I don't think the one in Burleson is as good as the one by TCU, I've only been to the Burleson one a couple times though so it could have been a fluke. Is Grump's the place that has "puppy chow" for dessert?

DirtyD
06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Well that sucks about FasTaco, I wonder if it got a new owner, that place used to be badass, great salsa too. I like Fuzzy's but I don't think the one in Burleson is as good as the one by TCU, I've only been to the Burleson one a couple times though so it could have been a fluke. Is Grump's the place that has "puppy chow" for dessert?
IDK. Haven't been to Grump's, but my g/f and her parents have. Supposed the burgers are very good, probably comparable to Dutch's by TCU.

Hideout Burger is also a cool place to go.

Luke
06-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Did anyone make it out to Burleson last night?