PDA

View Full Version : Who Has a Twin Turbo Setup?

GTRacerX
05-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Anybody on here have a twin turbo setup on there Coyote 5.0? If so how do you like it, where did you get your kit from, and where did you have it tuned? Also what kind of boost are you running and the horsepower you're making with it? I have a single turbo setup on my 02 GT and I was MAYBE considering going TT with my 2013.

Midnight11
05-27-2013, 12:28 AM
josh has the on3 kit

kevin (04sleeper) is putting the hellion twin kit on now

BLK2012GT
05-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Hellion FTW!!!!! That's my plan to do in two years or so.

Grandpa
05-27-2013, 01:49 AM
hellion ftw!!!!! That's my plan to do in two years or so.

lmao!

BLK2012GT
05-27-2013, 01:55 AM
lmao!

What's so funny?

04sleeper
05-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I am installing a Hellion Twin Kit now. I can tell you that installing parts for over 25 years, this kit is VERY well thought out! The quality is second to none! John and Jeff at Hellion have been very supportive and helpful. I would not even consider another kit.

I bought it from the SEMA Hellion car. I am tuning it myself.

I plan on keeping it between 600-650 for now. Then swapping the motor out and then turning it up to over 1000-1200 or so.

It's been a fun project so far. Hope to have it done in a few more weeks.

GTRacerX
05-27-2013, 12:35 PM
I am installing a Hellion Twin Kit now. I can tell you that installing parts for over 25 years, this kit is VERY well thought out! The quality is second to none! John and Jeff at Hellion have been very supportive and helpful. I would not even consider another kit.

I bought it from the SEMA Hellion car. I am tuning it myself.

I plan on keeping it between 600-650 for now. Then swapping the motor out and then turning it up to over 1000-1200 or so.

It's been a fun project so far. Hope to have it done in a few more weeks.

That's awesome! I know my way around a car a little but not enough to install a Turbo Kit or Build a Block. From what I read the 600-650 rwhp range seems to be pretty safe for our engines as long as your not boosting it running to get a gallon of milk lol. That was actually the kit I was looking at buying. I'm still up in the air whether I want to just do full bolt-on mods or just save and go with the Twin Turbo kit and call it a day. Of course I know there is more to it than just buying the kit and slapping it on the car. Wonder how much shops around here are charging to install something like that and tune it?

blownaltered
05-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Hellion FTW!!!!! That's my plan to do in two years or so.

Didn't you just raise your compression to 13.5:1?

Grandpa
05-28-2013, 04:15 PM

The reason I was laughing at him is because I told him that he would eventually switch to boost like most people do after running juice on street which is adamantly denied saying "juice is better blah blah blah."

BLK2012GT
05-28-2013, 06:30 PM
The reason I was laughing at him is because I told him that he would eventually switch to boost like most people do after running juice on street which is adamantly denied saying "juice is better blah blah blah."

Never said juice was better. So there you go again putting words in people's mouth.

BLK2012GT
05-28-2013, 06:31 PM

Yes I did but hopefully in a couple of years there will be a stroker kit that will be release and do that with twins.

blownaltered
05-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes I did but hopefully in a couple of years there will be a stroker kit that will be release and do that with twins.

I guess I don't get why someone would build a motor specifically for nitrous knowing they wanted to change it to turbo later. Seems like putting the turbo kit on first with the boost turned down would have been a better option. Then when the stoker kit came out build the motor and turn up the boost. At least that's the route I would have taken since I hate spending money twice on the same parts.

BLK2012GT
05-28-2013, 08:16 PM
I guess I don't get why someone would build a motor specifically for nitrous knowing they wanted to change it to turbo later. Seems like putting the turbo kit on first with the boost turned down would have been a better option. Then when the stoker kit came out build the motor and turn up the boost. At least that's the route I would have taken since I hate spending money twice on the same parts.

I think I can sell my setup and not spend that much. ;)