PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma just got hit HARD

Grandpa
05-20-2013, 04:52 PM
God no! I feel so bad for everyone up there. An F5 that was even bigger than the one in Joplin just creamed Moore, Ok. The death toll is going to be huge. They've already shown multiple schools that were just leveled. It looks like an A-bomb went off and leveled EVERYTHING.

Those poor people. :(

Grandpa
05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Live feed - http://kfor.com/on-air/live-streaming/

svt-eric
05-20-2013, 04:57 PM
damnn another F5!!!?? that town just needs to move!

Sieran
05-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Was watching it live from a chopper flying over head... looks horrible. Just people wandering around a bunch of scattered matchsticks and flipped cars.

STROKD
05-20-2013, 05:15 PM
damnn another F5!!!?? that town just needs to move!

itll be much easier to move now when you have nothing to go home to.

Im in the same boat here, Im fucken tired of the weather.

Grandpa
05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
itll be much easier to move now when you have nothing to go home to.

Im in the same boat here, Im fucken tired of the weather.

These Texans are crazy. I much rather be dealing with the EQ's back home. These tornadoes are nuts.

jng2985
05-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Very sad..

DirtyD
05-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Damn........I just saw the Tornado watch earlier....prayers go out to those families that have lost everything, including loved ones....

Sieran
05-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Just heard that they are pulling 3rd graders out of a leveled school that is on fire.... wtf

Kosovobandit
05-20-2013, 05:39 PM
This is so sad. There is another south near pauls valley. They are getting hammered today. I 35 is getting it.

DirtyD
05-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Fuck this.

I'm moving back home to deal with my hurricanes. I'll just evacuate back to NTX when one comes through.

Grandpa
05-20-2013, 05:50 PM
The Orr family farm is saying they lost 75-100 horses and the whole farm is leveled.

jng2985
05-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Tornado warnings popping up in west tx right now as well...

downtime!
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Y'all should try being up here in it. I'm in Missouri right now, but the weather is crazy. Tornado warnings from OK to Canada. Hoping to be able to get through tomorrow.

Toby
05-20-2013, 06:55 PM
It hit the same spot as it did in 1999. I have a lot of family up in that area. thus far seems everyone is ok. My thoughts go out to the ones suffering through this right now AGAIN!! wow....

Dark Pony
05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Lord bless them!

Grandpa
05-20-2013, 10:23 PM
They are reporting now at the school it's not a search for missing, but rather recovering bodies of the kids. Possibly as many as 30. :(

blownaltered
05-20-2013, 10:40 PM
There is going to be at least 100 people killed in this storm. It's a damn shame. At least it happened during the day and not the middle of the night, it made the rescue effort start faster and be more effective

re-rx7
05-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Had to find me a hiding hole as well.

Luke
05-21-2013, 07:07 AM
I've heard the number has risen to 91 confirmed and 230+ injured. Hope none of you guys have family in the area. Take care of yourselves if/when the storms head your way.

Rydawg1
05-21-2013, 09:14 AM
I found a quick way to help, even if it's just a little. If you text "REDCROSS" to "90999" it will send $10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief fund. I did, it's quick, easy and you know every little bit will help those families in need with food, water etc! C'mon we can all afford $10 bucks!

re-rx7
05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm from ok. Friends lost some houses. Thankfully they had insurance. The tornado was just so sudden. It literally built in 30min.

DirtyD
05-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Not sure if any of you guys saw this video shot by Reed Timmer, the well known stormchaser, but watch about 20 seconds into the video. While driving the TIV, the tornado passes right on top of them. By far one of the scariest sounds I have ever heard....

VvAthNEqxJg

On his Facebook page Sunday and again this morning, he said out of ALL tornados he has intercepted in his 15 years of chasing, the power and destruction of the two that hit Moore and Edmond, OK are unmatched by anything else he has experienced.

Grandpa
05-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I don't know how anyone could ride in that truck with Reed Timmer longer than 5 minutes and not want to punch him square in the face. He is SO obnoxious.

DirtyD
05-21-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know how anyone could ride in that truck with Reed Timmer longer than 5 minutes and not want to punch him square in the face. He is SO obnoxious.
Yeah, he is a little over passionate about what he does, but we all are about something.

Either way, what he is doing with stormchasing and data gathering is helping in a way far beyond his own good.

DirtyD
05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
5PointSLow who is a member on here actually had his house descimated in the Moore tornado yesterday. Luckily his wife and daughter, who was in one of the schools, are safe and sound. He is currently on his way back from Bahrain. I can only imagine how he felt after hearing about what happened.

Luke
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
I was just talking to some coworkers about how bad it would suck to be the parents and be completely helpless. Having a kid that age really puts things into perspective, I feel for all those who lost loved ones.

Grandpa
05-21-2013, 01:26 PM
I was just talking to some coworkers about how bad it would suck to be the parents and be completely helpless. Having a kid that age really puts things into perspective, I feel for all those who lost loved ones.

I've got two little ones, 9 weeks old and a 4 year old. If anything happened to them like that I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Luke
05-21-2013, 02:05 PM
I've got two little ones, 9 weeks old and a 4 year old. If anything happened to them like that I wouldn't be able to deal with it.

I feel you on that one, a few years back my daughter had to have surgery behind her eye, that's some terrifying shit as a parent. I hope you and your little ones never have to go through anything like that.

5PointSlow
05-23-2013, 06:30 AM
Hey guys I'm in prosper now. Ill be dragging my ass outta bed here in a bit to shower and head up to the house. I'm going to be attempting to get the car outta tithe garage and load up what we can to take down here. I have the pics up on SVTP, but ill bring them over here and put them in the pics section for those that aren't members there. I'm extremely thankful my family is safe. I spoke to the adjuster yesterday on the phone an it sounds like they will be totaling the house and all of its contents. Guess I don't have to worry about selling the house now lol. Ill be able to sell the land once FEMA cleans it up as well.

Luke
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
I saw you're other post, hope everything works out pretty quickly for you guys. Again, glad you're all ok.

Grandpa
05-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Hey guys I'm in prosper now. Ill be dragging my ass outta bed here in a bit to shower and head up to the house. I'm going to be attempting to get the car outta tithe garage and load up what we can to take down here. I have the pics up on SVTP, but ill bring them over here and put them in the pics section for those that aren't members there. I'm extremely thankful my family is safe. I spoke to the adjuster yesterday on the phone an it sounds like they will be totaling the house and all of its contents. Guess I don't have to worry about selling the house now lol. Ill be able to sell the land once FEMA cleans it up as well.

If you need any help just let us know!