PDA

View Full Version : Buying parts from websites

gordelis
05-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

I wanted to share some experiences I had with some of the websites that sells parts.

A couple weeks ago (4/22) I bought a grille from Mr Body Kits. The next day they called me and said it was in backorder and that it would take a couple of weeks to get it. I waited for over 3 weeks and yesterday (5/15) I called them to check on it. They said it was arriving and they would be shipping in the next couple of days. At this point I decide to cancel my order. The guys attitude surprised me. He started asking me why I waited till now to order, in a really bad tone. I said that I didn't wanted it anymore. He said I would have to pay a 15% cancellation fee. I asked him to waive the fee, since it's been over 3 weeks and he didn't ship it yet. Long story short, I filled a claim with PayPal and got my full refund.

On the good side now, a couple weeks ago I ordered a decklid panel from Late Model Restoration. It arrived very fast and I soon tried it in my car.
Didn't like the fitment of that particular one and called them to inquire about it. Got the best service. They promptly solved my problem and never tried to intimidate me with treats. I definitely recommend them.

Hope some else can share some experiences as well.

Take care all...

svt-eric
05-16-2013, 11:08 AM
i never buy from unknown companys. latemodel, americanmuscle, stage3motorsports, and lethal are the only mustang companys i order from. latemodel ships fast cause there right in waco so if im in a hurry thats who i order from.

never had any problems until the end of last year and this year. lets just say i had the same problem as u with dallasmustang. ordered seat belt pads and took over a month to get them! worst service ever too! told me 3 times they'd call me back and i ended up calling them back every time. i ordered from dallasmustangs thinking oh its just down the road and im in no hurry and it came out to be over a month of waiting.

second thing that ive had problems in was just a couple weeks ago. ordered some drilled and slotted rotors off ebay from a company that had no bad feedback. all the other ones had bad feedback from shipping wrong stuff, not fitting right, or not the right finish. so i ordered from this company thinking id have no probelms but nope, i was wrong. i ordered all zinc coated rotors and they sent me 2 rear zinc coated rotors and 2 front non zinc coated rotors! and the 2 fronts didnt even match. one had some black paint on it and the other looked like it was just bare metal made. so i call and email them many times and got no reply. left them bad feedback and never ordering from them again. i mean how dumb can u be to not notice your sending me all different rotors that dont match? that place needs to be shut down period! they look like they might be the right rotors but i still gotta put them on to make sure. if they are the right ones im just gonna get them all re zinc coated and install them. sounds easy but still not what i ordered and im having to add money into them if there even the right ones.

DirtyD
05-16-2013, 11:39 AM
LRS > all.

The guys at Latemodel are awesome, and really understand where we are coming from as picky car owners, since they are the same way.

I have honestly never heard of that bod kit site...

Luke
05-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm with Eric, I've always had good dealings with Late Model Resto, AM and Lethal. The discounts don't hurt either!

Phuck Phace
05-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Latemodel is good, also Hypermotive Performance. I've ordered a good amount of stuff through both. Lethal too but they aren't a sponsor here.

Rydawg1
05-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I've ordered several things from American Muscle and had to get an RMA on a few things and had 0 problems or issues, they were very accommodating and polite.

blownaltered
05-16-2013, 08:53 PM
I have purchased many things from Dallas Mustang and have never had an issue. I always go there and take care of everything. I personally like to see the parts before I buy a lot of them. Also I can return if I have an issue with no shipping. I always deal with one person there and that is Justin. I have known him for probably 13 years and he always makes sure I'm taken care of.