PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Warning - Weatherford

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Just a small FYI, tornado on the ground in Weatherford and the storm is packing baseball sized hail. It's path should be bringing it through DFW and North Dallas (Plano/Frisco) in a couple hours....

svt-eric
05-15-2013, 08:41 PM
protect the cars!

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 08:43 PM
protect the cars!

That's why I posted this up :) Smurf is in the garage, but I know some others don't necessarily have that benefit!

If you need cover in the Frisco area, STONEBRIAR MALL! When I lived in Celina and there were reports of a tornado heading our way, we drove there and the put the cars in the parking garage then went to Dave and Busters (the midway is underground) until everything passed.

svt-eric
05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
ive always wanted to make a car cover that mounted to the wheels and keep the cover up in the air to see how it would work. if I could make one that was reliable I bet some good money would be made!

Midnight11
05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Who wants to go to Dave and busters lol

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Who wants to go to Dave and busters lol

Estimations are that North Dallas should get the "larger" parts of the storms around 9 - 11 pm this evening. Just saw pictures of the tornado from Weatherford....it was a biggun...

Midnight11
05-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Awesome I'm still at work...

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Here is a picture of the current storms that have tornado warnings associated with them....I thought there was only 1 warning out....turns out there are about 4...

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 09:15 PM
UPDATE: Tornado on the ground near Krum / 380! This cell is moving toward Celina, Prosper, FRISCO, Plano then on to McKinney!

BlueBolt
05-15-2013, 09:20 PM
It just came over here in granbury. Little smaller that baseball size hail a little earlier

Grandpa
05-15-2013, 09:37 PM
It passed through Mineral Wells where my Dad lives. Cant get ahold of him yet.

svt-eric
05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
im so scared right now I need my teddy bear!

DirtyD
05-15-2013, 09:59 PM
It passed through Mineral Wells where my Dad lives. Cant get ahold of him yet.

Praying he just lost power man. Hope he is okay.

The one down in Cleburne appears to be a beast tearing shit up like nothing

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:14 PM
ARLINGTON - TAKE COVER! Massive area of rotation noted on radar, potentially large tornado on the ground.

DirtyD
05-15-2013, 10:17 PM
ARLINGTON - TAKE COVER! Massive area of rotation noted on radar, potentially large tornado on the ground.

Pretty sure that one is past. LOL

It's moved through GP now

blownaltered
05-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Ill give a dfw50s discount to any members that get hail damage for roofing and restoration. Ask Steve about my work for a reference

Sieran
05-15-2013, 10:24 PM
If i believe my weather app, Tornado north of Denton just showed up. Heading North East.

**edit**

Looks to be just east of Sanger.

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Pretty sure that one is past. LOL

It's moved through GP now

Not sure where Johnson County is, but there are reports coming in of a mile wide tornado....they are still trying to get confirmation, but with how these storms have been I would not doubt it's possible...

I was late on the Arlington one :p I was out looking at the lightning in Frisco....nothing impressive other than that showing up here :(

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:27 PM
Mile wide tornado confirmed in Cleburne....

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:30 PM
If i believe my weather app, Tornado north of Denton just showed up. Heading North East.

**edit**

Looks to be just east of Sanger.

Looks to be what I am seeing as well, the storm became a tad smaller, and the hail core disappeared....but now the hail core is back and massive :( Not sure if there's a tornado in the cell, but there is a lot of hail showing...

DirtyD
05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, that cleburne tornado has been on the ground for close to an hour.

Cleburne is 45 min SSW of FW

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that cleburne tornado has been on the ground for close to an hour.

Cleburne is 45 min SSW of FW

Yea, I passed through there on the way to my property down South in Hillsboro. Just the confirmation of it being damn near a mile wide came in as I posted it :( Thing has gotten massive and shows no signs of slowing up...

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:39 PM
And they just keep coming!

Tornado warning for the city of Dallas. Storm capable of a tornado is moving SE over the Southern portion of the City.

svt-eric
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I live out in the country of sanger. not much going on here

Selcouth
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Fuck the news or any weather app. I'm just going to tune into dfw50s to get the latest updates.

DirtyD
05-15-2013, 10:42 PM
We need Josh in here, but he is chasing right now I'm sure.

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Fuck the news or any weather app. I'm just going to tune into dfw50s to get the latest updates.

Sorry :( I am a massive weather nerd, along with music nerd and gaming nerd...

Sieran
05-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Sorry :( I am a massive weather nerd, along with music nerd and gaming nerd...

PC or console? Which games?

Midnight11
05-15-2013, 10:50 PM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj70/nlorenzo08/null_zps5cf145fc.jpg

Smurf50
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
PC or console? Which games?

PC, currently building a massive island of awesome in Minecraft while I play CoD Blops2, and League of Legends.

JDBishopArts
05-15-2013, 11:05 PM
I made it up to Denton before the first round of storms went through. Bright green, rotating wall cloud. Looked beautiful and hit Denton and hooked east and broke up. Got a really good light show heading back towards Dallas. I was going to head south to intercept the granbury storm but it got too dangerous. Ran into hail in Dallas, turned around and came home. It's very dangerous out there. Too dark to see anything and rain wrapped.

blownaltered
05-15-2013, 11:08 PM
I made it up to Denton before the first round of storms went through. Bright green, rotating wall cloud. Looked beautiful and hit Denton and hooked east and broke up. Got a really good light show heading back towards Dallas. I was going to head south to intercept the granbury storm but it got too dangerous. Ran into hail in Dallas, turned around and came home. It's very dangerous out there. Too dark to see anything and rain wrapped.

How big of hail in Dallas

Grandpa
05-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Ill give a dfw50s discount to any members that get hail damage for roofing and restoration. Ask Steve about my work for a reference

I will vouch for Donnie. If anyone needs any kind of roof repair he is the go to guy!

Man, I'd love to storm chase. Would be so much fun to see some of those beasts in person, but from a distance! lol.

DirtyD
05-15-2013, 11:24 PM
I imagine you take the Tahoe/Yukon? Lol

blownaltered
05-15-2013, 11:33 PM
I will vouch for Donnie. If anyone needs any kind of roof repair he is the go to guy!

Man, I'd love to storm chase. Would be so much fun to see some of those beasts in person, but from a distance! lol.

I'm with you I've always wanted to see a tornado in person. From a distance, my ass doesn't want to be to close.

merlinmol
05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
These kind of storms make me happy I am moving to a place with a garage... now to hope that my stang will be good tonight under the covered parking :gasp:

blownaltered
05-16-2013, 12:11 AM
They just put Dallas and Collin county under a tornado watch till 1 am

Sieran
05-16-2013, 12:12 AM
PC, currently building a massive island of awesome in Minecraft while I play CoD Blops2, and League of Legends.

Cool. I need to get back into Minecraft some since it has changed a lot. Mainly killing time with World of Tanks and Planetside 2 (free to play).

JDBishopArts
05-16-2013, 12:18 AM
It was about dime to quarter size. No damage done to the Tahoe. I did find out that having all the storm chasing stickers on the truck gets you out of a ticket though. Lol

blownaltered
05-16-2013, 12:51 AM
All warnings in the metro plex are gone.

re-rx7
05-16-2013, 03:13 AM
I will never forget that monster that came through okc. Fastest wind speeds ever recorded on earth.

BlueBolt
05-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Just an update from Granbury. Tornado hit on the opposite side of the lake from me. Major damage including casualties and missing persons. My house and property was unharmed from what I could tell in the dark but some of my coworkers got hit pretty hard. We saw hail up to the size of a grapefruit in our area. Going to check my roof this evening for damage.

Grandpa
05-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Just an update from Granbury. Tornado hit on the opposite side of the lake from me. Major damage including casualties and missing persons. My house and property was unharmed from what I could tell in the dark but some of my coworkers got hit pretty hard. We saw hail up to the size of a grapefruit in our area. Going to check my roof this evening for damage.

Glad to hear you made it through it all okay. Count your blessings, my friend.

PM BlownAltered (Donnie) for your roof repairs.

BlueBolt
05-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Yeah we are very lucky it didn't damage our house. The neighborhood that got hit hard is directly across the lake from us. My neighbor took one of the videos they are showing on the news.
I made need some roof repairs anyway. Mine was looking pretty bad before the storm. But I'll def hit him up if I need anything. Ill be checking it out tonight and tomorrow morning.

blownaltered
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah we are very lucky it didn't damage our house. The neighborhood that got hit hard is directly across the lake from us. My neighbor took one of the videos they are showing on the news.
I made need some roof repairs anyway. Mine was looking pretty bad before the storm. But I'll def hit him up if I need anything. Ill be checking it out tonight and tomorrow morning.

Just let me know I will be in that area the next few days looking at the damage and trying to make some contacts. If you want I can check it for you and let you know if you are ok.

BlueBolt
05-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Blownaltered I may shoot you a pm. But I'm sure you'll be busy this weekend

blownaltered
05-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Blownaltered I may shoot you a pm. But I'm sure you'll be busy this weekend

I always try to get to people in the area faster. It helps me map out the storm for advertisement and where to send sales people. If you want it checked just shoot me a pm and I will get there by Saturday at the latest. I'm actually about to leave in a moment to head out that way to start looking. If you do have damage we handle everything. We meet the insurance, handle the claim and do all repairs ( windows, garage doors, siding, roof, gutters, a/c, etc. ) One stop shopping, that way you don't have to deal with the head ache of it all.

BlueBolt
05-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for coming and helping me out Donnie. I owe ya a beer when ever I make it to a meet.

blownaltered
05-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Thanks for coming and helping me out Donnie. I owe ya a beer when ever I make it to a meet.

Well shit I can't turn down a beer, I stopped at Bikini's on the way back to town at 8pm and had 2 to relax. I'm glad I could get you taken care of, if you ever need anything else just give me a buzz.