PDA

View Full Version : Spirited driving with an auto, shifting issues?

MnemonicGhost
05-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Was driving around today taking care of a few errands, and romped on it a couple times. Mind you I didn't speed, just accelerated to speed limit quickly... :)

I have an automatic, and it didn't shift to 2nd when I thought it should. I hit the rev limited and it just bounced there for a second, not ever shifting. I did notice the traction control light flash on the second time, so maybe this is a traction issue? I felt absolutely zero lateral movement, but maybe some lack of forward acceleration.

So just curious what others thoughts are. Should I have disabled traction control? Use the select shift feature? Or perhaps this is just a side effect of 99% docile driving and the ECU caught off guard? Or just shitty tires? :)

Luke
05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
I'd lean toward the traction control, I haven't had it happen but the car will do some goofy things on occasion when I leave it on. Try it w/o the TC, I'd be willing to bet it won't happen again. Is your car tuned or just what's in your sig?

PLASMAN
05-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Sounds like traction to me too. If you dont have a tune, you should go for a ride in a tuned auto and you will be sold. Let me know when you want a ride:)

Pat McCrotch
05-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Get that baby tuned.