PDA

View Full Version : Middle Ground

GTRacerX
05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
So being new to the site I was curious if there was middle ground spot everyone on here met up during the week or month?

Midnight11
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM
we try to have a club meet up at least once a month. there are various shows we all go to and events during the week too.

most of the drinking crew is in frisco/plano/irving area lol

DirtyD
05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
And most of the bigger well known car shows are also in the Dallas area. We usually try and do a Dallas C&C group, but getting up at 5:45 kind of sucks on the weekend sometimes. Lol

GTRacerX
05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Lol, well I would like to do that, but I was also thinking about maybe getting some local people together too. I know most people probably live in Dallas area or Fort Worth. I was trying to get together a weekly meeting on maybe a city basis. I'm in Arlington so I would like to see if we could get together a weekly meeting in the area if not that than bi-weekly maybe? What do you guys think?

Midnight11
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM
i know dark pony is trying to organize a meet in that area. i would still be down to go down there for a meet we just had one at grease monkey so i dont mind the drive.

bi weekly might be a little much though imo

GTRacerX
05-06-2013, 10:08 PM
i know dark pony is trying to organize a meet in that area. i would still be down to go down there for a meet we just had one at grease monkey so i dont mind the drive.

bi weekly might be a little much though imo

Well I meant if we couldn't do weekly then maybe we could do every other week. Yea if someone else is trying to put something together already I'm on board, I would just like to put some faces to the names. I don't mind driving either I just don't like driving to the Dallas area if I can help it...

DirtyD
05-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Johnathan is trying to do Keller/North FW area. I'm in between the center of Arlington and North FW, so I'm down for either. With the weather hopefully getting nicer, maybe an outdoor chill place?

GTRacerX
05-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Johnathan is trying to do Keller/North FW area. I'm in between the center of Arlington and North FW, so I'm down for either. With the weather hopefully getting nicer, maybe an outdoor chill place?

For sure, I could throw a rock onto I-20 from where I live so driving isn't an issue if it's Fort Worth or anywhere in Arlington. Particular day that is better for anybody? My job takes my Saturdays so that is out for me....

DirtyD
05-06-2013, 10:29 PM
For sure, I could throw a rock onto I-20 from where I live so driving isn't an issue if it's Fort Worth or anywhere in Arlington. Particular day that is better for anybody? My job takes my Saturdays so that is out for me....

I'm down for whatever day really. Class ends Thursday, and I'm taking a break from school for awhile.

JDMLOL
05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Im up for something, I'm in arlington/fort worth/Mansfield on a daily basis.

Austin@BA-Speed
05-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm down for any or all of the above!

Phuck Phace
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Count me on too.

Luke
05-07-2013, 05:24 AM
I'm in... after June

GTRacerX
05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Excellent I will try to put together a list of some spots that we could potentially meet up sometime in the near future.

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 07:04 PM
So I had a few spots in mind. First one was Chicken Express off of I-30 and Eastchase. For a meet with a lot of cars I was thinking either Dunlop Park off o Green Oaks near Fielder or River Legacy Park also off of Green Oaks. Any thoughts?

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Oh and I was thinking maybe every other Sunday.

DirtyD
05-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Dunlop is a good idea, and it's nice and secluded.

I wouldn't do the Chicken E though. Lol. I suggest we move down to in front of the Speck's and behind Burger King, that corner parking lot. Or the Target parking lot (can be seen from I-30 ;))

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I do like the idea of the Target parking lot, but my experiences with gathering large amounts of sports cars in a parking lot tends to get police attention. Think a park would be nice because we could cook hot dogs and hamburgers or something like that if we wanted to...

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Unless we are meeting during the evening then bring y

DirtyD
05-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I do like the idea of the Target parking lot, but my experiences with gathering large amounts of sports cars in a parking lot tends to get police attention. Think a park would be nice because we could cook hot dogs and hamburgers or something like that if we wanted to...

This is true. River Legacy would be nice to do that, but we would have to make sure people don't drive like idiots through the park. Having a weekly cookout type thing could be fun

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 09:22 PM
Your own food lol.

GTRacerX
05-11-2013, 09:22 PM
This is true. River Legacy would be nice to do that, but we would have to make sure people don't drive like idiots through the park. Having a weekly cookout type thing could be fun

Agreed