PDA

View Full Version : DFW Mustang Spring Cruise

moostang09
05-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey all, I was randomly looking at the Texas Raceway web page and noticed that they are having a mustang spring cruise on Sunday.

http://www.texasraceway.com/calendar-2/

Is anyone going to this?

I live close by and may see if the wife is interested.

It's Sunday May 5th from 9-4pm.

svt-eric
05-02-2013, 07:59 PM
wheres it at?

oh shit nvm im a retard

moostang09
05-02-2013, 08:05 PM
It's at the 1/8th mile track in Kennedale. Click in the link and it tells more details. It may just pull up the calendar but look for May 5th and click on the hyperlink.

Grandpa
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
No.

DirtyD
05-02-2013, 08:54 PM
No. Final next week.

moostang09
05-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Nobody? Man tough crowd! Lol. I was just posting to inform everyone. I highly doubt ill make it since its on a Sunday but if I could I would probably go watch some mustangs tear down the 1/8th mile!

Slow Five-O
05-03-2013, 12:16 AM
wheres it at?

oh shit nvm im a retard

LMAO.

I was planning to go out there but something came up and won't have the fuel system upgrade done in time. Boo!

DirtyD
05-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Nobody? Man tough crowd! Lol. I was just posting to inform everyone. I highly doubt ill make it since its on a Sunday but if I could I would probably go watch some mustangs tear down the 1/8th mile!

If it were next weekend, I'd be down for sure.

pohnjarker
05-03-2013, 07:02 AM
nope

Midnight11
05-03-2013, 10:30 AM
maybe

BLK2012GT
05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I figure Steve would be in. Lol

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 10:46 AM
I figure Steve would be in. Lol

DFWM can suck the sweat off of a dead man's balls.

BLK2012GT
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
DFWM can suck the sweat off of a dead man's balls.

Why so? Lmao

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I'll be out there. It will be the last cool weekend for six months so if you want to make your best ET, it's time to get it done.

I have to try to run down my uncle's 7.8 pass... lmao....

I thought all these big, badass blower turbo and nitrous cars were finally done and ready to run. :wtf:

Kinda funny that all the big boys are gonna get up early Saturday and freeze their ass off in a parking lot instead of run their cars!

BLK2012GT
05-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'll be out there. It will be the last cool weekend for six months so if you want to make your best ET, it's time to get it done.

I thought all these big, badass blower turbo and nitrous cars were finally done and ready to run. :wtf:

Kinda funny that all the big boys are gonna get up early Saturday and freeze their ass off in a parking lot instead of run their cars!

Shit I'm not freezing my ass off. Plus my car is getting the final tune Saturday I hope.

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM

LOL @ you thinking this group gets together and no one runs their cars.

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Shit I'm not freezing my ass off. Plus my car is getting the final tune Saturday I hope.

LOL, it will be like 50 degrees tomorrow morning at first. That's not even cold. Still shorts weather!

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Congrats, can't wait to see what it does.
LOL @ you thinking this group gets together and no one runs their cars.
Oh, I've seen the rolling dyno vids. Very impressive!
LOL, it will be like 50 degrees tomorrow morning at first. That's not even cold. Still shorts weather!
I know, I was just baiting...

STROKD
05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Kennedale fucken sucks. So no.

moostang09
05-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Kennedale fucken sucks. So no.

Bc 1/8th mile? Or other reasons?

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Danny is only going to the DFWM circle jerk in hopes of getting another free meal to go along with his string of 7.9s in his "stock" car.

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Danny is only going to the DFWM circle jerk in hopes of getting another free meal to go along with his string of 7.9s in his "stock" car.

Circle jerk? Free meal? "Stock"?

Got something you need to get off your chest there, Nancy?

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Yeah, "stock". I mean, "stock" cars blow up all the time, right? lol.

I know, I was just baiting...

Slow Five-O
05-03-2013, 12:23 PM

He's still butthurt about DFWM in general. He gets picked on everywhere he goes and doesn't have a clue why.

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
He's still butthurt about DFWM in general.

LOL, not hardly.

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah, "stock". I mean, "stock" cars blow up all the time, right? lol.
Well I know of at least four. So maybe not all the time?

He's still butthurt about DFWM in general. He gets picked on everywhere he goes and doesn't have a clue why.
I think he's still mad that a stock car is faster than his.

:troll3:

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM

That could be a lil closer to the truth. :rage::laughing1:

So when we gonna race? :D

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Come on out Sunday. Seriously, I just got some BMR lower control arm relo brackets. I'm gonna try to get it to hit out of the hole a little harder. Probably won't do shit. So far I fucking hate these things...

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Come on out Sunday. Seriously, I just got some BMR lower control arm relo brackets. I'm gonna try to get it to hit out of the hole a little harder. Probably won't do shit. So far I fucking hate these things...

I'd like to, but I'm not really up for it. The only reason I'm going tomorrow morning to get my shirts. Otherwise I'd stay locked away in the house.

Slow Five-O
05-03-2013, 02:40 PM
LOL, not hardly.

:burnout:

post up how it goes! what don't you like about the relocation brackets so faR?

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 02:57 PM
post up how it goes! what don't you like about the relocation brackets so faR?

I will. They make the rear of the car feel kinda squirrely.

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 03:20 PM
I will. They make the rear of the car feel kinda squirrely.

I read on SVTP about some people having some serious issues with those after some miles. Putting the rear axle out of place and tearing metal. I will see if I can find you a link.

DirtyD
05-03-2013, 03:39 PM
I read on SVTP about some people having some serious issues with those after some miles. Putting the rear axle out of place and tearing metal. I will see if I can find you a link.
That's NOOOO bueno.

Phuck Phace
05-03-2013, 03:41 PM
I took mine off too. Rode like shit.

Grandpa
05-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I took mine off too. Rode like shit.

I didnt notice any wheel hop with your car either. Just spins like crazy.

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 03:48 PM

I think the ripping apart was an issue with the earlier design. They only mounted using two holes and there is a lot of leverage working against them. The ones I have are mounted using three holes so I'm not terribly concerned with tearing up the bracket.

But yes, I do have an issue with the axle position as well. The passenger-side wheel is about 3/8" too far back (107" wheelbase on the driver side, and 107 3/8" on the pass side). The BMR tech guy told me to loosen everything up and see if it's just an issue with compounding tolerances, and I think it might be. Still a little unnerving especially with how funny the car feels at speed.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/46Tbird/IMG496.jpg

Luke
05-03-2013, 04:15 PM
I read about this too, I think this is the link...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/926527-attn-all-relocation-bracket-users.html

DirtyD
05-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I think the ripping apart was an issue with the earlier design. They only mounted using two holes and there is a lot of leverage working against them. The ones I have are mounted using three holes so I'm not terribly concerned with tearing up the bracket.

But yes, I do have an issue with the axle position as well. The passenger-side wheel is about 3/8" too far back (107" wheelbase on the driver side, and 107 3/8" on the pass side). The BMR tech guy told me to loosen everything up and see if it's just an issue with compounding tolerances, and I think it might be. Still a little unnerving especially with how funny the car feels at speed.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/46Tbird/IMG496.jpg
I don't like the looks of that....

Phuck Phace
05-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I didnt notice any wheel hop with your car either. Just spins like crazy.

I'm sure the watts link is helping with that.
If you look at the angle of my LCAs you would think I would have major wheel hop.

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I read about this too, I think this is the link...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/926527-attn-all-relocation-bracket-users.html

Nice. The shift in my axle's location was noticed before I ever drove on it with the brackets in place. As soon as it was back on the ground, actually.

STROKD
05-03-2013, 08:51 PM
Bc 1/8th mile? Or other reasons?

1/8 mile is ok, I used to hate it but for this type of event it is fun enough (or class racing like 275 or 7.0 class etc) but this track in general is a shit hole, usually tons of thugs there, and there is no where to go around the water, so after a while the track is slick as shit due to all the street tires dragging water down the track... Also the track is VERY narrow, not much room to wag the ass end around for fear of ending up on the guardrail.

The cheese burgers are damn good though.

46Tbird
05-03-2013, 10:45 PM
It's at 10am on a Sunday, there won't be any thugs there except the DFWM people. Unless you count the grandpas dialing in their bracket cars.

46Tbird
05-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I couldn't stand that goofy cocked-up wheel, so I spent some time messing with it. Plain and simple, that BMR bracket is cut wrong. The topmost hole is out of alignment by about 1/4". So I removed the 14mm bolt it came with, and substituted a Grade 8 3/8" bolt in the hole. I didn't mind since the bracket is located with the other bolts and uses this one for shear strength.

But I just couldn't get the 20s to bite any harder with the relo brackets than without. If I walked it out of the hole like always, it would get a shitty high 1.8 60' and run what it always runs. If I tried to hit it any harder out of the hole it was spin city and an aborted run. I was really hoping to get a 7.8 or even squeak out a 7.7 if it really hooked but it wasn't meant to be. The relo brackets seem to be a waste of time for my car with 20s so they're coming off until I get better tire on it.

Steve will be proud of my consistency :favorites37:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/46Tbird/2012%20GT/SANY0489.jpg

Still had a lot of fun out there though. Weather was perfect, but the DA climbed from ~500 to 1000 feet throughout the day. Several of the badass local 5.xx cars came out to run and they made some great passes. All us cheezdicks in our radial cars just screwed up the track for them.

Shout out to Robert (aka moor3r). Dude went 8.50 his first time out to the track, on 20" street tires and Sportlines no less. I think he's addicted.

cWi8ncCgzoo

Emwun Garand
05-06-2013, 02:34 AM

How'd that work out for you?

BLK2012GT
05-06-2013, 02:44 AM
I love pnuses in my mouth.

:lol2:

Dew wat?

Emwun Garand
05-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Dew wat?

hahaha, nice edit. umad? :rondod:

Grandpa
05-06-2013, 10:18 AM
hahaha, nice edit. umad? :rondod:

Speaking of being mad..how much do you have total invested in your car now? lol.

BLK50
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Shout out to Robert (aka moor3r). Dude went 8.50 his first time out to the track, on 20" street tires and Sportlines no less. I think he's addicted.

cWi8ncCgzoo

Awesome Robert! Sorry I missed you guys yesterday. I had a good time in Denton though lol.

Emwun Garand
05-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Speaking of being mad..how much do you have total invested in your car now? lol.

This being my first expensive toy I've owned, I can promise you I have less in it than you have spent on all the cars you've owned and modded over the years.

blownaltered
05-06-2013, 08:32 PM
This being my first expensive toy I've owned, I can promise you I have less in it than you have spent on all the cars you've owned and modded over the years.

:nutkick:

Grandpa
05-06-2013, 08:47 PM

LOL, well that is one way to rationalize it.

Emwun Garand
05-06-2013, 09:13 PM
There's times when I have buyers remorse. Of course if I knew 2 years ago what I know now, I'd be driving a 2013 GT500, or a GTR or even Erik's car, but, I have enjoyed almost every second behind the wheel of my car.

STROKD
05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
There's times when I have buyers remorse. Of course if I knew 2 years ago what I know now, I'd be driving a 2013 GT500, or a GTR or even Erik's car, but, I have enjoyed almost every second behind the wheel of my car.

I got lucky and sold mine before I went down the rabbit hole you went down... sure I bought some Corvettes but I sold them with very little money out of pocket, even after modding... I woulda thrown 20 grand away EASILY had I kept my Cobra.:sad72:

Emwun Garand
05-09-2013, 01:00 AM
I got lucky and sold mine before I went down the rabbit hole you went down... sure I bought some Corvettes but I sold them with very little money out of pocket, even after modding... I woulda thrown 20 grand away EASILY had I kept my Cobra.:sad72:

Yeah, it adds up quick. Before I bought the car I thought, "Hey, the motor is more or less built, so I don't have to do that"

Then factor in DOHC motors cost twice as much for everything, even 4x as much in some cases. Shoulda bought an LSx. haha

Oh well, what's done is done. I'm almost done with the turbo build and she's gonna stay that way for a while. Trying to get a new job making about twice what I'm currently bringing in. I figure if I land it, within a year or two I can have L&M build a real motor for it.