PDA

View Full Version : Cat-back system

CMORENO302
05-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Any difference other than long lasting I guess for a aluminized vs. stainless steel cat back?

TrueStreetTim
05-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Longevity is the only difference.

If you make short trips that doesnt allow the condensation to evaporate, the aluminized will rust pretty quick.

CMORENO302
05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Longevity is the only difference.

If you make short trips that doesnt allow the condensation to evaporate, the aluminized will rust pretty quick.

So are you saying if I work and pretty much always ride in oak cliff, it will not be a good option?

TrueStreetTim
05-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Aluminized will give you 8-10 years of service before time/wear takes it's toll. Stainless won't wear out.

Grabber 11
05-02-2013, 10:25 AM
If u want I am hoping to get my car back pretty soon so if u want to swing by to hear my exhaust sounds like. I am always in the cliff

CMORENO302
05-02-2013, 10:30 PM
If u want I am hoping to get my car back pretty soon so if u want to swing by to hear my exhaust sounds like. I am always in the cliff

What exhaust do you have? I don't mind swinging by! Where exactly is your ship? #i just ordered my car back. But wouldn't mind hearing videos or hearing in person!

Smurf50
05-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I went a different route on my car and I honestly love the sound!

First rendition was to put on 1-chamber VR exhaust which gave it a nice and throaty sound, but was still quiet enough with the windows up for long drives.

Round 2 was to remove the resonators and weld in 2.5" pipe instead ;) Still "tolerable" for a long trip, but when you get on it the sound is just amazing!

CMORENO302
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I went a different route on my car and I honestly love the sound!

First rendition was to put on 1-chamber VR exhaust which gave it a nice and throaty sound, but was still quiet enough with the windows up for long drives.

Round 2 was to remove the resonators and weld in 2.5" pipe instead ;) Still "tolerable" for a long trip, but when you get on it the sound is just amazing!

Post a video

Grabber 11
05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
I am at 810S. Hampton RD. At Elite Bodywerks but do not have my car back from True Street I should have it back no later than Tuesday so u are more than welcome to come

Smurf50
05-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Post a video

I will see what I can do. It's rather loud, I will say that :)

Smurf50
05-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Got it uploaded after finishing the work.

http://youtu.be/BUmYfQr_R48

CMORENO302
05-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Got it uploaded after finishing the work.

http://youtu.be/BUmYfQr_R48

Sounds ok to me. I am sure the camera is not capturing the true sound. But I went with MBRP exhaust. We will se how it goes. Got an appointment in Saturday for install....

Luke
05-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Sounds ok to me. I am sure the camera is not capturing the true sound. But I went with MBRP exhaust. We will se how it goes. Got an appointment in Saturday for install....

Post up how you like it. And your paying for install? Jack it up and throw it on in the garage, I'm sure someone here can help out to line it up.

CMORENO302
05-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Post up how you like it. And your paying for install? Jack it up and throw it on in the garage, I'm sure someone here can help out to line it up.

Yes I paid $100. I live in apartments and I don't have jack! Or stands! So to not deal with the hassle I just paid TrueStreet, since I always wanted to go to the shop and check them out. Now to the exhaust... It is a fucking amazing sound! Inside the car it sounds like a true race car. There is not a lot of drone or a lot of popping! As a matter fact I've only heard popping a few times since Saturday on 1st gear driving away coming to a stop. The fit and finish was good although they sent me a 3" inlet tip and a 2.5" inlet tip. Ivan expecting the right tip (3") on Thursday. It's a nice shiny exhaust. Overall 9 out of 10. Only cause the packager didn't get the right tip!

Luke
05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Ah, apartments can be a bitch sometimes. Well glad you like it, I'll have to check it out some time.