PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 01:05 PM
so, just to get it out there, because I know everyone will give me shit, my parents bought me a 2012 V6 Premium for graduation. Love the car, no complaints. I tried for a 5.0 but they weren't buying it. I just recently talked it over with them? and if I can either 1) save enough money for a trade in on a 5.0 or 2) and engine swap... btw I have a lot of money in this car, not so much to the engine though. that's the only reason I'm considering a swap. just wanted to get the more experienced guys opinion on this. so what do you guys think? trade or swap?

03MachMe
04-28-2013, 01:41 PM
so, just to get it out there, because I know everyone will give me shit, my parents bought me a 2012 V6 Premium for graduation. Love the car, no complaints. I tried for a 5.0 but they weren't buying it. I just recently talked it over with them? and if I can either 1) save enough money for a trade in on a 5.0 or 2) and engine swap... btw I have a lot of money in this car, not so much to the engine though. that's the only reason I'm considering a swap. just wanted to get the more experienced guys opinion on this. so what do you guys think? trade or swap?

I say trade, with a swap it will never run like a factory car. what do you mean by lots of money? all exterior stuff? do you still have the stock stuff? if not, trade someone for their stock stuff plus some cash so you can make some of that money back to either help you get into a 5.0 or help put some new parts on the 5.0.

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 01:44 PM
I say trade, with a swap it will never run like a factory car. what do you mean by lots of money? all exterior stuff? do you still have the stock stuff? if not, trade someone for their stock stuff plus some cash so you can make some of that money back to either help you get into a 5.0 or help put some new parts on the 5.0.

thanks for the advice, and yeah the front for messed up so it now had a GT/CS front end, I installed an alpine 8" navigation system in it, gt500 spoiler, 20" Vossens, just exterior. I don't have my stock wheels anymore. I figured doing a swap would bring extra issues too

Luke
04-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Definitely trade, don't know what a used v6 is worth but I'm sure you can find a good deal on a used 5.0. It's not worth the hassle.

46Tbird
04-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Trade. A new or used 5.0 Mustang is relatively cheap, but a new or used 5.0 engine is not. Then factor in all the time and all the parts that would need to be swapped out (computer, wiring, trans/clutch, rear end, exhaust, and a million other things). And finally, realize that the value of this hybrid 5.0 is going to be less than the stock V6 car and I think you have your answer.

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Trade. A new or used 5.0 Mustang is relatively cheap, but a new or used 5.0 engine is not. Then factor in all the time and all the parts that would need to be swapped out (computer, wiring, trans/clutch, rear end, exhaust, and a million other things). And finally, realize that the value of this hybrid 5.0 is going to be less than the stock V6 car and I think you have your answer.

I just thin I need to go see how much a dealer would offer for mine and what kind of deal I could get on a premium.

re-rx7
04-28-2013, 02:50 PM
Get rid of the 20's.

Phuck Phace
04-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Insurance fraud. Get check. Buy. 5.0

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm starting to quickly see a turbo would just be best lol

Dan12GT
04-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Trade for sure

re-rx7
04-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Why not just supercharge it? The cars aren't exactly slow. A few mods shud get you low 13's.

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Why not just supercharge it? The cars aren't exactly slow. A few mods shud get you low 13's.

turbo could push more right?

JDBishopArts
04-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I'm going to be that guy and say don't do anything. Keep the v6 for a while. Save up some money. In 3-5 years you'll be able to buy something really cool with the money you saved. Your parents bought you a car. That's pretty cool. Keeping it and making some smart money choices now will make them feel appreciated for buying it for you.

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm going to be that guy and say don't do anything. Keep the v6 for a while. Save up some money. In 3-5 years you'll be able to buy something really cool with the money you saved. Your parents bought you a car. That's pretty cool. Keeping it and making some smart money choices now will make them feel appreciated for buying it for you.

appreciate the input. that's definitely a choice that I'm considering. I'm only a freshman in college now and when I graduate I'd like to buy a V8, I just got really impatient when I rode in a 5.0 yesterday lol

DirtyD
04-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I say keep it. If you want a little more speed, maybe go with a centri s/c with a small amount of boost to have some fun.

Or save up, wait until the next gen Stang, preferably the 2016 year model so they can work out the kinks from the new chassis, and reap the benefits or waiting.

You can whip some Sentra ass then!

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
I say keep it. If you want a little more speed, maybe go with a centri s/c with a small amount of boost to have some fun.

Or save up, wait until the next gen Stang, preferably the 2016 year model so they can work out the kinks from the new chassis, and reap the benefits or waiting.

You can whip some Sentra ass then!

see a sentra is what I'm really trying to beat, maybe work my way up to a accord. lmao but yeah a might just go with that, have some fun and still be able to drive it. I dont think a 5.0 would be cheaper

re-rx7
04-28-2013, 11:53 PM
This.

see a sentra is what I'm really trying to beat, maybe work my way up to a accord. lmao but yeah a might just go with that, have some fun and still be able to drive it. I dont think a 5.0 would be cheaper

Stock v6 stang handles 350z's pretty easily.

03MachMe
04-28-2013, 11:54 PM

Old man!

m_tyler_r
04-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Stock v6 stang handles 350z's pretty easily.[/QUOTE]

yeah and g35's

re-rx7
04-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Do bolt ons and gears.....

Slow Five-O
04-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Sell it and get a Honda. They're way quick.

re-rx7
04-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Sell it and get a Honda. They're way quick.
DEF THIS!:fuckyea:

Midnight11
04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
keep your parts and get stock ones. and trade it in. i have the stock front valance for the bumper

BLK2012GT
04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Don't listen to these guys. Just buy a NoS kit and spray a 250 shot and beat David Tyler.

Luke
04-29-2013, 11:58 AM
I think the Procharged v6's are making around 420-450ish to the wheels, would definitely surprise some people.

Luke
04-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Don't listen to these guys. Just buy a NoS kit and spray a 250 shot and beat David Tyler.

Or you can do this ^..... once!

Grandpa
04-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Or you can do this ^..... once!

^Listen this guy, he knows everything, just ask him.

Luke
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Aww thanks, I'm glad you think so highly of me.

m_tyler_r
04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
you guys make this the best forum on the web... fuck yes haha

DirtyD
04-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Small NOS shot or a procharger are what I vote for. Make yourself different from the crowd. That's what I'm about.

Grandpa
04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Make yourself different from the crowd. That's what I'm about.

But yet you bought a Mustang. lol.

m_tyler_r
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Small NOS shot or a procharger are what I vote for. Make yourself different from the crowd. That's what I'm about.

that's what I'm thinking

DirtyD
04-29-2013, 02:19 PM
But yet you bought a Mustang. lol.
Referring to the Mustang crowd, foo. :p

MnemonicGhost
04-29-2013, 11:41 PM
I had a 93 2.3l hatchback during high school and college, so it's not that bad! But you will appreciate the v8 all the when it's time to get one. As far as what to do now? Depends on your finances, and how much you want to lose out in trade in value and the current upgrades you can't take with you.

Emwun Garand
04-30-2013, 08:46 PM
I saved from 18 to 28.

Then I paid $22,500 cash for my 04 Cobra, near stock with low miles.
Then I dumped $50,000 ish more in parts and labor into it.

I love it when I'm driving it, but boy, sometimes I really wish I had $100,000 in my savings account again, instead of "not 100k"

MidWest281
05-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I put money into my 2002 GT in high school....and then kept it clean and didn't do anything with it during the college years that I didn't work.

In high school you want to have the fastest or coolest car....in college, nobody really gives a shit what you drive. People say girls like cars and money....well that's not true for college girls....they're too dumb to appreciate cars and money between the ages of 18 and 22. All they care about is justin bieber and good looking guys who smoke pot, drink beer, ditch class and attend frat parties.

Then after graduation, if they aren't knocked up or in a dead end relationship with a loser, they realize, oh, hey, maybe I should have gone for the guy who actually went to class and has a career. But even then they are too selfish and stubborn to admit it. it's not until they get kicked off daddy's payroll and out of the house until they realize, "oh shit, I should have done something with my life other than spread my legs and party". But by that time they are just low life losers just like the guys they used to date. Then maybe at that point they realize they want the guy with the V8 mustang....but don't respect themselves enough to actually win them over with anything other than sex.

Moral of the story is that bitches are dumb and won't even know the difference between a V6 and V8 mustang. Save your money in college and get laid as much as possible. Go to class, graduate. Make a lot more money after graduation. Then buy a Boss 302.

rofl

My mom had a dodge stratus years ago, and let me drive it one night. I drove it and picked up these two girls. The thing had a V6 in it, but it was actually pretty quick! Anyways I floored it a couple times and they were like "whoa, this thing is fast...what kind of car is it?" and I told them it was a Ferrari. They're like...."what, really!?". Once we got to where we were going they got out and looked at the trunk of the car and were like "no, this isn't a Ferrari!!! it's a S- T-R-A-T-US."

dumb bitches

m_tyler_r
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
I put money into my 2002 GT in high school....and then kept it clean and didn't do anything with it during the college years that I didn't work.

In high school you want to have the fastest or coolest car....in college, nobody really gives a shit what you drive. People say girls like cars and money....well that's not true for college girls....they're too dumb to appreciate cars and money between the ages of 18 and 22. All they care about is justin bieber and good looking guys who smoke pot, drink beer, ditch class and attend frat parties.

Then after graduation, if they aren't knocked up or in a dead end relationship with a loser, they realize, oh, hey, maybe I should have gone for the guy who actually went to class and has a career. But even then they are too selfish and stubborn to admit it. it's not until they get kicked off daddy's payroll and out of the house until they realize, "oh shit, I should have done something with my life other than spread my legs and party". But by that time they are just low life losers just like the guys they used to date. Then maybe at that point they realize they want the guy with the V8 mustang....but don't respect themselves enough to actually win them over with anything other than sex.

Moral of the story is that bitches are dumb and won't even know the difference between a V6 and V8 mustang. Save your money in college and get laid as much as possible. Go to class, graduate. Make a lot more money after graduation. Then buy a Boss 302.

rofl

My mom had a dodge stratus years ago, and let me drive it one night. I drove it and picked up these two girls. The thing had a V6 in it, but it was actually pretty quick! Anyways I floored it a couple times and they were like "whoa, this thing is fast...what kind of car is it?" and I told them it was a Ferrari. They're like...."what, really!?". Once we got to where we were going they got out and looked at the trunk of the car and were like "no, this isn't a Ferrari!!! it's a S- T-R-A-T-US."

dumb bitches

this post deserves an award haha

MidWest281
05-04-2013, 02:39 AM
this post deserves an award haha

lol. thank you.

re-rx7
05-04-2013, 02:42 AM

rofl

dumb bitches

You sir are correct on the college bitches. :fuckyea:

MidWest281
05-05-2013, 08:42 PM
keep the V6.

thread. closed.

GTOphil
05-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Be smart.

One day you'll have a girlfriend. Then a wife. Then kids. Hold on to that money. Not many people have just been GIVEN a free car.

Enjoy what you've been given and save for the future. I know it's boring, but it'll be worth it.