PDA

View Full Version : Modding Disease benefit or curse?

KnightRider5.0
04-27-2013, 11:29 PM
Hello everyone just kind of curious if everyone else is like me about this. The rest of my family there are no car guys all the rest of them care about is a good thing to get them from A to B. Me
I care about every detail of my car, when it comes to mods there are never enough, I just did a ton of work to the car and I finished the work tired as hell and told myself that's it for a while. Got up next morning mods where already on my mind again. Anyone else feel like its almost a curse to be so unsettled about not being happy with a normal car? Not complaining just trying to see if I'm crazy or this is normal for a car guy?

Adam
04-27-2013, 11:32 PM
It's normal to an extent. I do the same shit.

svt-eric
04-27-2013, 11:37 PM
i do the same crap man haha. people think its dumb but really its a hobby. it makes me happy and its something i like to do.

KnightRider5.0
04-27-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys I love doing it, my friends and family always ask after this are you done, I just smile and say not by a long shot. I really think I've put more blood and sweat into my engine than oil lol. They say mans car runs on blood and oil I hope there right.

Luke
04-28-2013, 05:40 AM
It's a curse for me, if I could narrow things down to one hobby it wouldn't be so bad. At least the wife doesn't get mad when I buy parts!

pohnjarker
04-28-2013, 08:55 AM
It's a curse for me, if I could narrow things down to one hobby it wouldn't be so bad. At least the wife doesn't get mad when I buy parts!

same here...too many expensive hobbies. guns, cars, motorcycles...not cheap.

the wife only gets mad when shit shows up at the house that she doesnt know about....

Luke
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
same here...too many expensive hobbies. guns, cars, motorcycles...not cheap.

the wife only gets mad when shit shows up at the house that she doesnt know about....

Ha, that's the truth, and mine doesn't so much get mad that stuff shows up, just that I ruin her day by making her stay home to sign for packages. The other day I had to bribe her with new headlights for her foxbody. Good thing I had that AM rebate!

pohnjarker
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Good thing I had that AM rebate!

:cheers:

used mine on a set of hood struts

Phuck Phace
04-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I keep mine stock.

Luke
04-28-2013, 02:34 PM
I keep mine stock.

And what kinda numbers does it make "stock"

Emwun Garand
04-28-2013, 02:35 PM
I wish I had my $50,000 back.

KnightRider5.0
04-28-2013, 05:53 PM
I wish I had my $50,000 back.

Ouch

JDMLOL
04-28-2013, 10:50 PM
I think I'm going to start a "Mod Disease Foundation", who wants to be the first to make a donation to a good cause?

blownaltered
04-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Well I think I got mine out of my system for the year. I just did a bunch of work to my fox and I am calling it quits for the year. Now I am already making plans for next year but that doesn't count because its next year.

KnightRider5.0
04-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Well I think I got mine out of my system for the year. I just did a bunch of work to my fox and I am calling it quits for the year. Now I am already making plans for next year but that doesn't count because its next year.

Good luck waiting that long I couldn't.

blownaltered
04-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Good luck waiting that long I couldn't.

Well I bought a couple more things today but now I'm done damn it. :Good or Bad:

KnightRider5.0
04-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Well I bought a couple more things today but now I'm done damn it. :Good or Bad:

Repeat previous statement ;) good luck with that. Trust me man I have to stop myself from going to buy my new wheels and tires everyday because I haven't sold my old ones yet. I know how bad the bug is.

blownaltered
04-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Repeat previous statement ;) good luck with that. Trust me man I have to stop myself from going to buy my new wheels and tires everyday because I haven't sold my old ones yet. I know how bad the bug is.

Well I've done most everything that is reasonable on my car and a lot of expensive crap but from this point on its really expensive stuff. New rims and tires which will be true forged so that's retarded, new built short block and the cheapest of the things left is some paint work. So yeah I'm done for the year.