PDA

View Full Version : should i get these wheels for my 03 cobra?

svt-eric
04-22-2013, 10:00 PM
ok ive been thinking and thinking for a long time. should I get these true forged wheels for my cobra? I really like the all black look. im gonna get the same set up as this guy. 18x9's front and 18x11's rear. let me know what ya guys think.

Austin@BA-Speed
04-22-2013, 10:09 PM
DO IT!

Those look freakin sweet, I feel like they really pop at certain angles but are subtle and blend with the car too, especially with those big rotors...

03MachMe
04-22-2013, 10:11 PM
How is this even a question? Duh! Those are amazing.

Midnight11
04-22-2013, 10:15 PM
if you dont, gary should! lol

DirtyD
04-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I just died. That is drop dead gorgeous

svt-eric
04-22-2013, 10:22 PM
im just scared they wont look good on a white car :( I cant find pics of these same wheels on a white cobra.

Toby
04-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Get them with a gold center. Trust me it will look fucking tits on a white car. Look it up!

Emwun Garand
04-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Yeah, gold looks really good on White and Sonic Blue cars. Not a fan of black wheels on white cars.

I almost bought TF wheels, until I slightly curbed a wheel and decided it was too much of a risk for me

pohnjarker
04-23-2013, 02:53 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, those are sick!!

svt-eric
04-23-2013, 09:37 AM
Get them with a gold center. Trust me it will look fucking tits on a white car. Look it up!

Yeah, gold looks really good on White and Sonic Blue cars. Not a fan of black wheels on white cars.

I almost bought TF wheels, until I slightly curbed a wheel and decided it was too much of a risk for me

im not a fan of the gold wheels. too ricer lookin for me. i dont like black rims that much either but these look nasty in all black! my head is about to explode i cant choose :( i mean i like them but dont wanna spend that kind of money untill im 120% sure naw mean!

Luke
04-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Those look really good, 11" wheel will look sick too.

Grandpa
04-23-2013, 10:51 AM
True Forged wheels are gay. Too many damn gay rivets.

Phuck Phace
04-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Get'em

svt-eric
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
true forged wheels are gay. Too many damn gay rivets.

lmao!

BlueBolt
04-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Get em. White car on black wheels is sick

jayman33
04-23-2013, 11:36 AM
I agree with everyone else. Those wheels will look great on a white Mustang. You could always get them in gunmetal.

svt-eric
04-23-2013, 12:07 PM
yea i think imma get them! im getting my car ready for a car show i enter every year. i got 2nd place last year. im going for number one this year haha! im fixing to lower it a little more and get some nice rotor and powdercoat my calipers white. all the rest of the work will be easy. if i ever want to sell the wheels im sure they will sell quick!

Grandpa
04-23-2013, 12:33 PM
yea i think imma get them! im getting my car ready for a car show i enter every year. i got 2nd place last year. im going for number one this year haha! im fixing to lower it a little more and get some nice rotor and powdercoat my calipers white. all the rest of the work will be easy. if i ever want to sell the wheels im sure they will sell quick!

Just a lil word of advice - If you want black centers, that is fine. But I would highly suggest getting polished lips like what is on Kevin's car. He has black centered TF Victories with a polished lip. (04sleeper) For multiple reasons really but the big one is that when rock chips hit your hoops(and they will), you can fix them yourself with some sandpaper and polish looking good as new. If your hoops/lips are all black they are going to show every blemish. You will still be able to fix the chip, but you might have black missing depending on the hit.

From a car show perspective - it depends on the show. Shows that are based on an open vote, all black wheels do better there but shows where there are actual judges they don't do as well. The "murdered out" look is falling from favor the last couple of years. Judges are looking for attention to detail and a look that some thought was put into it. Going with black centers and a polished lips will give it some contrast breaking the tires from the wheels.

Kevin (04sleeper) is a rep for True Forged wheels and can help you place your order and get the offset look you are looking for your car.

Grandpa
04-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Examples - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8313/7919038782_bd17edeb81_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8319/7919038170_a02269f022_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8296/7919038434_04024ac480_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8462/7919037966_5ddb642c14_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/7919037782_8a804cac87_b.jpg

svt-eric
04-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Just a lil word of advice - If you want black centers, that is fine. But I would highly suggest getting polished lips like what is on Kevin's car. He has black centered TF Victories with a polished lip. (04sleeper) For multiple reasons really but the big one is that when rock chips hit your hoops(and they will), you can fix them yourself with some sandpaper and polish looking good as new. If your hoops/lips are all black they are going to show every blemish. You will still be able to fix the chip, but you might have black missing depending on the hit.

From a car show perspective - it depends on the show. Shows that are based on an open vote, all black wheels do better there but shows where there are actual judges they don't do as well. The "murdered out" look is falling from favor the last couple of years. Judges are looking for attention to detail and a look that some thought was put into it. Going with black centers and a polished lips will give it some contrast breaking the tires from the wheels.

Kevin (04sleeper) is a rep for True Forged wheels and can help you place your order and get the offset look you are looking for your car.

yea i understand what your saying. im not a fan of the murdered out look either but my car is white. these wheels just look way better in all black. i liked the ones yall have for the longest time but im starting to fade from them. i still cant desided now! damnit! :(

Grandpa
04-23-2013, 01:14 PM
yea i understand what your saying. im not a fan of the murdered out look either but my car is white. these wheels just look way better in all black. i liked the ones yall have for the longest time but im starting to fade from them. i still cant desided now! damnit! :(

By all means, do what you want to do. Its your car and you gotta do what makes you happy. Its just my opinions. Luke will probably come in here to tell you I'm wrong and full of shit.

Luke
04-23-2013, 01:19 PM
^ Lol. Steve, what size rear tires are on your car? Are they Nitto 555's?

1ATony
04-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Pretty good looking wheels IMO

OG Fox
04-23-2013, 03:04 PM
im not a fan of the gold wheels. too ricer lookin for me. i dont like black rims that much either but these look nasty in all black! my head is about to explode i cant choose :( i mean i like them but dont wanna spend that kind of money untill im 120% sure naw mean!

gold on white would look sick. but I vote yes for these wheels.

svt-eric
04-23-2013, 03:17 PM
ok so ive been emailing steve from true forged and im not really liking the prices hes giving me so im probly gonna pass on them. he said thoughs wheels are powder coated all black so i know they wont chip cause powder coating isnt suppose to chip. we get alot of are parts powder coated here at my dads company and i could get them done for $160! he said if i get them bare metal made it would be $2900. thats no finish at all. then he told me $3500 for them all black? where does $600 worth of powder coating come from? i could save alot of money if i just got them done here! i just did my girlfriends bmw wheels gloss black and they clear coated them too. im not saying hes ripping me off or anything buy i dont see paying $600 to get them coated when i can get them done for a 1/8 of that price! heres a pic of my girls bmw wheels how they came out.

mikeyfitz
04-23-2013, 09:40 PM
Its just a convenience thing for them. You pay more for less work on your end.

Midnight11
04-23-2013, 09:54 PM
damn i need some pc done lol