PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable LCAs or not

BlueBolt
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Need some advice. Is it worth it to get adjustable LCAs? I have a whiteline adjustable UCA waiting to go in because I got a great deal on it and I'm wondering if I need to spend the extra to get adjustable LCAs. I have sportlines, BMR panhard, and BMR panhard brace on the way and the UCA and bracket sitting at the house. All going on probably next weekend so want to start planning on the LCAs and relocation brackets too.

03MachMe
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Me and Josh both have the non adjustable BMR LCAs and relocation brakets a D we love them. I wouldn't say the adjustable one are needed but I'm sure they wouldn't hurt either

Luke
04-20-2013, 01:12 PM
I've got LCA's and brackets, UCA and adj. pan hard, all BMR, I put it all on at the same time but the car does feel much better. Never got any track time with sticky tires though so hard to tell how much difference there. And are you asking whether to get adj. lca's vs non-adj. or lca's vs. no lca's?

BlueBolt
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Adj lca vs non adj lca

pohnjarker
04-20-2013, 03:09 PM
i have the non-adjustable BMR LCAs and brackets as well.

I asked Kelly at BMR this same question when i bought mine and he said as a daily driver, the non-adjustables were fine. he said the adjustables werent necessary unless i was going to autocross it and needed to dial the suspension in further.

it was over a year ago so im paraphrasing.

i'd suggest giving Kelly a call and asking him personally.

Dan12GT
04-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, they are only needed if trying to finely tune the suspension parameters. Most would need this if seriously into racing. I also have BMRs non-adjustable poly LCAs and brackets, and they are great. Just gotta find out how to make them quit squeaking. (Yes they are HEAVILY greased)

pohnjarker
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Just gotta find out how to make them quit squeaking. (Yes they are HEAVILY greased)

shit...if you ever fine out, please let me know. mine are greased as well.

Dan12GT
04-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I am going to try looking into different greases. I believe a thicker grease will help. Some stuff is cheap and really thin and breaks down fast making more squeak.

BlueBolt
04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys

Toby
04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
For those having squeaking issues. What sway bars are you running? If aftermarket I'd suggest looking at those. They tend to squeak and pop if not properly greased and tightened.

pohnjarker
04-21-2013, 04:44 AM
For those having squeaking issues. What sway bars are you running? If aftermarket I'd suggest looking at those. They tend to squeak and pop if not properly greased and tightened.

im running the stock sway bar

called into amsoil and they recommended this so this is the grease im running: Synthetic Poly Truck Grease #2

merlinmol
04-21-2013, 09:33 AM
All of my suspension is adjustable, but then again I track my car (race track not drag strip). I have yet to need to do any adjustments to the LCA's though, other than making sure its tight. If you are looking to take your car to the race track, my best recommendation would be to talk to Mike White @ Whiteside Customs, he's a suspension guru and an instructor at Eagles Canyon Raceway.