PDA

View Full Version : Texas Invitational

Grandpa
04-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Well this past weekend I went to the Texas Invitational with my buddy Dave (White_Lightning) and his SICK supercharged Vette. The weather was perfect for some insane high speed roll racing at the airfield!

Everything you can imagine was there, big turbo Porsche's, Supra's, blown Vettes and big HP GTR's were out in force. There was only two Mustangs in attendance, both foxbody's and no where near competitive. Mustangs are just outclassed at this event and have no chance at all. I really should have gotten my Vette after all. lol. :happy175:

Seeing how fast some of the street cars are in person run side by side is impressive to say that least. 60 rolls side by side and some of these cars were over 180mph in less than 5-6 seconds. INSANE.

The UGR TT Lambos were there rollin deep too. They rolled out in a single car hauler full of a half dozen half a million dollar TT Gallardos. Most of them big dog 1500hp+ cars. These guys weren't messing around at all with their on site tuners and mechanics to help them there at the event!

Dave's Vette is impressive to say the least. He drove it there, changed nothing at all. Not his tune, tires not even the damn air pressure and he won all three of his call out grudge races against some seriously fast cars. His car just sounds wicked at WOT!

I saw alot familiar faces and some old friends as well that I havent seen in quite some time. Great weather, badass cars, good friends and I also got to do a country cruise through the backroads in what was reminded to me as my very slow Stang, but it's still fun and a blessing to be able to enjoy it. I don't even regret with the wicked sunburn I got from standing out at the airfield all day.

Thanks again, Dave. It was blast! Can't wait to go for a ride in Darkness soon!

Phuck Phace
04-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Vids/pics?

I'm so jealous.

Grandpa
04-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Vids/pics?

I'm so jealous.

I didn't take the camera. The wife was doing something with the kids so she had it. I did send you one on your phone with all the UGR Lambos together in one spot.

I probably wouldn't have taken too many pics anyways. I was having too much fun hanging out and watching all the insane racing!

STROKD
04-15-2013, 12:00 AM
Glad you had a good time, Andrew said him and Dave had a good race, with Andrew's car banging out half way down the track he held Dave off throught the traps.

Grandpa
04-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Glad you had a good time, Andrew said him and Dave had a good race, with Andrew's car banging out half way down the track he held Dave off throught the traps.

Yeah, Andrew had some weird gremlin that he couldn't figure out. Dave is going to need to figure out something about traction though. His car pulls strong and was leaving long black strips on every hit and gear change! You're going to have your hands full with Darkness, Matt!

Midnight11
04-15-2013, 12:23 AM
what happened to the white fox? i saw a pic of it in the ditch

STROKD
04-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, Andrew had some weird gremlin that he couldn't figure out. Dave is going to need to figure out something about traction though. His car pulls strong and was leaving long black strips on every hit and gear change! You're going to have your hands full with Darkness, Matt!

Im not worried about Dave, he doesnt street race anymore.:angels2:

Grandpa
04-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Im not worried about Dave, he doesnt street race anymore.:angels2:

There is so many events to race those high powered cars now it's kinda stupid to street race them anyways. The distance those cars cover in such a short time is vastly different than what we are used to. Doing it in slow cars (sub-800) on a deserted road/highway late at night is one thing, but those high powered cars can cover MILES in the matter of seconds. If anything goes wrong, there is no changing lanes or stopping at those speeds and it's not worth taking the chance of killing yourself or someone else. So I agree with Dave.

White_lightning
04-15-2013, 02:27 AM
what happened to the white fox? i saw a pic of it in the ditch

He decided to go mudding... Said his pant leg caught on the throttle.. Maybe he had a prius gas pedal andit got stuck... :)

STROKD
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
There is so many events to race those high powered cars now it's kinda stupid to street race them anyways. The distance those cars cover in such a short time is vastly different than what we are used to. Doing it in slow cars (sub-800) on a deserted road/highway late at night is one thing, but those high powered cars can cover MILES in the matter of seconds. If anything goes wrong, there is no changing lanes or stopping at those speeds and it's not worth taking the chance of killing yourself or someone else. So I agree with Dave.

Like I said, doesnt matter. I dont plan to run TI, and he just wants to cruise and enjoy his car, and race it 2 times a year at TI. I WILL go to the track, he won't... so there is a 1% chance that either of us will ever be able to line em up.

He will be in a different car before mine runs anyway.

Midnight11
04-15-2013, 11:05 PM
He decided to go mudding... Said his pant leg caught on the throttle.. Maybe he had a prius gas pedal andit got stuck... :)

damn thats sucks