PDA

View Full Version : Dumped Exhaust???

JDMLOL
04-10-2013, 11:21 PM
I like my exhaust aggressive, I'm thinking of my first real exhaust set up being a lethal performance o/r xpipe followed by straight throughs with turn downs underneath. Anyone run or ran something similar? I'm curious as to what it sounds like in person. I found one youtube video of a coyote 5.0 with it and liked it. I couldn't care less about drone, I like hearing my car. I've seen similar dumped setups on several f-bodies before, but never on a mustang in person. Thoughts? Opinions? Do they make factory looking rear bumpers for '13's without cutouts?

Midnight11
04-10-2013, 11:40 PM
That will be obnoxious loud...

03MachMe
04-10-2013, 11:42 PM

Agreed, and doubt they make any bumpers without cut out as even the v6 has dual exhaust

Luke
04-11-2013, 05:06 AM
Don't do it, I've got the lethal o/r x and pypes catback, it's bearable cruising, a little too loud when racing. Having it dumped would be horrible inside the car, not to mention the smell.

JDMLOL
04-11-2013, 07:55 AM
That was the one thing that I didn't really think about. I sort of like the smell of uncatted exhaust, but I'm not too crazy about breathing it in for prolonged periods of time while sitting at lights. After I posted this I read that people were saying the same sorts of things about the smell and/or carbon monoxide from the guys that do it on LS1Tech.

Phuck Phace
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
If you cruise the tollway you will hate it within a week.

merlinmol
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
If this is your daily don't get it too loud, my car is retarded when driving, I wouldn't be able to handle it for every day use. That's also with the rear seat area dynamatted.

Grandpa
04-11-2013, 10:59 AM

I agree. Some of the exhaust combos some people run are already crazy loud, but doing this is just nuts. Not only will it attract law enforcement due to noise pollution, but the headaches and feeling sick from breathing in those fumes would be just too much. Plus, there is NO WAY you will pass your inspection with that setup. They will hear how loud it is, do a visual inspection and see your cats gone. Then you are screwed.

I'm all for a Stang sounding great, but there is a point it becomes too loud and disturbs everyone else around you. I HATE those Harley riders whose bikes are so loud that you just can't get away from them fast enough (which is kind of the point for them). But you have to take into consideration of the people around you in traffic and your neighbors.

JDMLOL
04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
I had a similar setup with longtubes and straight throughs on an old c10 bigblock. It wasn't unbearable and I didnt have any trouble as far as complaints. I bought the truck with just open headers for exhaust. That was ridiculous. I was surprised that straight through summit racing brand mufflers actually quieted it down as much as they did seeing how you could see straight through them. I know this aint a 1970s 454, I was just wondering if anyone had done similar things on their mustangs and what it was like. At this point I've reconsidered because I don't feel like getting a dose of carbon monoxide and unburnt hydrocarbons at every light, something I didn't really think about before.

pohnjarker
04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
i had cat deletes and muffler deletes and it was hella loud.
when id race my buddy at the strip, if i got a better launch, he said he couldnt hear his car at all, it was straight ridiculous.
for a daily driver...it got to be too much.

downtime!
04-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Long tubes, off road X and Pype Bomb's on mine. Cruising is not bad, nice and deep, but anything over 4500 and you might as well call ahead to let every cop in the county know you're coming. Had a guy in Mexico last night want to do the stop light grand prix, blew by him off the line and he changed lanes it was so loud. But I still like it.

OG Fox
04-11-2013, 02:55 PM
i ran off road x with mid mufflers at the old resonator location and then straight to the tips. it was loud but had a lot of drone. i recommend getting some bassanis (or a can type muffler) with an off road x. best sound ive heard.

Dark Pony
04-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Most would agree that my setup is loud. No cats, mid mounted mufflers and no axle backs...I drive almost 200 miles a day and I finally decided to tone it down a notch. The drone and constant noise got to me. I couldn't even imagine a dumped setup...that's just ridiculous.

aaron@jpcracing
04-11-2013, 04:28 PM
That's roughly the same thing we ran on our 2011.

It had our JPC headers, cat less midpipe and bassani bullet mufflers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCpL59xrKw0&list=UUBli32ntKmxIDKSEc_zjjMw&index=52

OG Fox
04-11-2013, 04:35 PM
this what mine used to sound like. off road x pipe. pype bomb 4 inch mufflers
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100855505217720&l=1225319532254114282

Blackout
04-13-2013, 11:39 PM
If you cruise the tollway you will hate it within a week.

This!^ I had "similar" on my maxima...open cat..was for a week but shortly after God I hated it

JDMLOL
04-14-2013, 12:02 AM
this what mine used to sound like. off road x pipe. pype bomb 4 inch mufflers
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100855505217720&l=1225319532254114282

Sounded nice. Btw, where/how can you sign up for track sessions? Ive never tracked anything except that old, pos c10 that I mentioned earlier at the kennedale 1/8 like three times. Are there certain days where you can pay and sign up for 20 minute sessions at various tracks?

Jeremyd43
04-28-2013, 12:17 PM
I just put BBK long tube headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, magnaflow muffler delete axlebacks on mine yesterday. Its just my personal preference but i like it loud. Yes it probably annoys some people but it is controllable. Its only extremely loud when your are really into the accelerator. If you drive like normal then its loud but not over the top. I have noticed that even with my exhaust all the way out the back of the car when im sitting still i can smell it. As long as your not sitting for long periods of time you will be good. dumping it after the x-pipe would be unbearable i think. As far as the inspection goes, i would make sure you have someone you can get one from before going straight pipes. They are out there you just have to find them. When it comes to cops i do try and be careful and i do understand that i like it but not everyone else does so in conjested areas i try to control it also. you can hear mine today and it will help you decide if you like it or not. its a challenging install when you get to dealing with the headers just fyi.

JDMLOL
04-29-2013, 09:03 PM
I just put BBK long tube headers, BBK o/r x-pipe, magnaflow muffler delete axlebacks on mine yesterday...

I liked how yours sounded. I think im going to go with the longtubes o/r x.

svt-eric
04-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I had straight pipes on my old 03 roush. I liked it a lot at first but got real tired of it quick. its soo damn loud just cruising. I even had a syetem in my car and could still barly hear it all the way up lol!

if u wanna do all that I say go SLP or some kind of straight through muffler. borlas and magnaflows have always been my fav.

on a new model mustang im with Kooks all day long! so quit at idle but screams at WOT!