PDA

View Full Version : May Plans and Build Thread

pohnjarker
04-09-2013, 10:31 AM
here's the plan for my May R&R.

I get home May 5 and then turn around and leave May 6 for Cancun for 5 sun soaked days with the wifey in a bomb ass resort, all inclusive. it'll be a "pre-honeymoon" since the wife wants to have the "real" honeymoon in Spain. also, we'll be celebrating my wife's 30th birthday as well. We'll get home on Saturday, just in time to celebrate Mother's day with her and the kid.

once i get home, i'll be swapping out the non-working Vortech boost reference bap for a JMS BAP. I'll also throw on the Strange shocks and Ultralite springs on the rear to help hook a bit better. do a little data logging for Shaun and hopefully get it dialed in before i drop the car off at True Street on Tuesday.

True Street will be installing some gears, 3.27 or 3.31, havent decided yet along with an Eaton limited slip differential. they will also be installing a JPC line lock kit and the blow by racing motor mounts.

I currently have the Ultralites, line lock kit, and eaton differential. all other parts are subject to change but i doubt they will. i may also pick up some rear bump stops if i really need to, someone let me know.

and i know i could do the install myself but i dont want to take time away from the family like i did in December when i put the Paxton on....that suuuuuuuuuuuucked. i was on the phone with Steve at BBR the day before i left still trying to figure out why the bap wasnt working...lol.

03MachMe
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Awesome plans. How long are you home?

pohnjarker
04-09-2013, 01:11 PM
16 days

pohnjarker
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
just picked up the JMS bap and some jounce bumpers from Lethal Performance...i got the discount which basically paid for shipping...lol.
also got the BBR motor mounts
who still charges for shipping these days....damn

pohnjarker
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
there's a decent deal going on over on corral.net for Weld RT-S rims. i got 2 RT-S in black with lugnuts for 588 shipped. if anyone is interested.

looks like i'll have a whole set of black Race Stars for sale, 15 rears and 17 front skinnies.

picked up a couple of Strange shocks as well.

only the gears left and im working a deal on corral.net right now...a shit ton of people sell on that site...its crazy.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
04-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Should be badass, looking forward to it

pohnjarker
04-10-2013, 06:41 AM
3.31 gears bought...was looking for 3.27 gears but the difference is so neglible it should be fine. found a decent deal for about half off the AM price shipped on svtp.

once AM has the pinion bearing back in stock, i'll have everything i need!!

hmm...if i can find a good deal on an adjustable panhard i may pick one up, not too confident on the CHE that i have. bought it used in Vegas and although it does fit, makes me nervous.

Luke
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
there's a decent deal going on over on corral.net for Weld RT-S rims. i got 2 RT-S in black with lugnuts for 588 shipped. if anyone is interested.

looks like i'll have a whole set of black Race Stars for sale, 15 rears and 17 front skinnies.

picked up a couple of Strange shocks as well.

only the gears left and im working a deal on corral.net right now...a shit ton of people sell on that site...its crazy.

Link?

03MachMe
04-10-2013, 10:49 AM

How much?

pohnjarker
04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
hope its ok to put in here: http://forums.corral.net/forums/rims-wheels-tires/1414806-weld-rt-s-great-pricing-plus-rebate.html

i'll do 600 for the black Race Stars

03MachMe
04-10-2013, 11:01 AM
hope its ok to put in here: http://forums.corral.net/forums/rims-wheels-tires/1414806-weld-rt-s-great-pricing-plus-rebate.html

i'll do 800 for the black Race Stars

Just wheels or with tires

pohnjarker
04-10-2013, 11:05 AM
just the rims

pohnjarker
04-11-2013, 06:56 AM
i shouldnt have any problems getting the power to the ground, just picked up a set of ET Streets in 275/60-15 for the Weld RT-S.

id have liked to got some slicks but i think i'll put the welds on and roll with them while im home the whole time. i think they'll look good in pics too. what do you think?