PDA

View Full Version : CAI Throwdown

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 05:22 PM
This ended up a bit long for sure! But grab a comfortable seat and press on!

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about CAI’s for the 5.0’s the past couple of weeks. Maybe it’s tax returns burning a hole? Maybe it’s the “flavor of the month”? So I found some free time and thought I’d take it upon myself to read as many forums and reviews as I could come across to get a feel for what folks felt about the bolt-on (outside of my own opinions). Regardless; with all the information, reviews, testing, and different brands available, many still wonder whether or not a CAI could even be an improvement over the OEM box. And if so, how much? The answer? Yes! But to what extent and is it really worth the price?

The common complaint that I’ve seen CAI’s getting is the manufactures “peak” increase vs. what folks are seeing on their own rides. Some are less than impressed. I feel the misconception here is that peak horsepower from one person may mean a different peak horsepower to another. Some, when referring to peak horsepower, feel it’s the end Dyno result of what the cars overall measured gain was at the tires. Others refer to it as the point along the entire rpm range that the car witnessed the largest gain (a different measurement all together).

I set off to gather my own research from top sources, outside of forums and other written text, to provide the most accurate data I could muster to aid in the understanding and decision to purchase the bolt-on or not. I wanted to know where the numbers were coming from and how they justified their gains Vs. stock. Keep in mind that each manufacturer tests their product in completely different atmospheres. The information below is based off my own experiences and the data I was able to gain through 1 on 1 conversation’s straight from the techs themselves. And therefore; my subsequent opinions based off those experiences and the information they provided. I used the 2011 GT as my example to each manufacturer to sell me on their product. Here’s what they had to offer and in no particular order:

AEM advertises an 8hp/10tq increase with “no tune required”. They recorded an overall increase vs. stock through roughly 60% of the range. They experienced their “peak gain” of 8hp at 5k rpm and 10tq at 3.4k rpm.

According to their tech; AEM tests with a closed hood using 2 mule cars stock from the lot and no tune. Next to JLT’s paint & fiber options, this is one of the slickest looking kits IMO (especially for you sterling cats) and is on par with most of the competition after tuning.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/AEM_zps09aa73e0.jpg

Airaid advertises an 11hp/11tq increase with “no tune required”. They recorded an 11hp “peak gain” @ 4.5k and 11tq @ 6300 with a steady improvement from almost 3.5k.

I was unfortunately unable to reach anyone who could tell me more of their testing and hands on experience behind the numbers. I was told pretty much what I could find via their website.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/Airaid2_zps6f4a1541.jpg

Roush, uh…yeah, Roush. Perhaps I was unfortunate enough to reach someone having a far worse day than I. But he was uninterested in going into detail with me to say the least. According to him they don’t publish numbers whatsoever due to atmospheric differences. I completely understand that aspect 100%! But when it came down to the end of the 120 second conversation, I was far from convinced and even less compelled to purchase what they had to offer me. It also doesn't help that, to me, its the least cosmetic of the bunch.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/Roush_zps1ccec9c5.jpg

K&N advertises a 20hp/26tq increase with “no tune required”. They recorded their 20hp “peak” at 5.4k and 26tq at 4.6k RPM.

K&N’s testing far outweighed others I had spoken with. They performed 5 pulls between 3 stock, and stock only, mules during closed hood testing. They then averaged the pulls between the highest and lowest numbers to come up with their results. After Dyno tests, they conduct real world drive testing over 2 days to ensure the integrity of their product. I also dig the fact their enclosed design is not only sharp looking, but is clearly functional by drawing air from a duct near the bottom similar to AEM. Though they do not share the same designer, AEM kits are also manufactured by K&N.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/KampN_zpsc37606d2.jpg

JLT advertises a 25-30hp increase with a “required tune”. Their recorded “peak gains” (on top of the tune) averaged 14hp/11tq through much of the scale.

JLT uses no metals in their design and offer some of the largest, most customizable, kits among the field. It had been some time since JLT’s testing from when the 5.0 first debuted, but they pointed me to youtube clips of testing to contribute to their numbers. They tested with stock vehicles, much like the rest, while making Dyno runs with a stock setup, then tuned, then CAI & tune to come to their net gains. Solid testing and vids conducted by JLT themselves to back it up. Something consumers crave!

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/JLT2_zps6a38572a.jpg

Steeda advertises a 38hp/40tq increase with a “required tune”. No info was available as to the “peak” areas for these numbers. And their results are widely based off of reported numbers by trusted installers across the nation.

Steeda uses a specially designed, curved mouth inside the filter housing that smooths incoming air into the sampling area. I was told they also believe that the larger the tube isn’t necessarily better as it still constricts down to the TB though they’ve since gone up in size to a 103mm.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/Steeda2_zpsafbaafbc.jpg

Injen advertises a 10hp/11tq increase over stock with “no tune required”. I was unfortunately unable to be told at what RPM.

Injen, in their words, “replicated” all fuel parameters through their patented MR technology to near stock while maximizing air flow. The approach towards testing was different from most but similar to JLT’s. They Dyno’d their stock donor in stock form. Installed the CAI and recorded their 10hp/11tq gains. The car then went through 2 days of software tuning in stock form. After that was 2 days of tuning with the CAI in place.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/Injen2_zps6e278b5b.jpg

C&L was a bit different in their approach to their marketing for CAI’s. They claim “the best no tune required” kit for the 5.0’s. They incorporated the ability to send a “same as stock” signal to the computer via “duplicating” fuel parameters which keeps the car from knowing anything had changed, (similar to Injen etc.) but nets a performance increase nonetheless. Whether they speak of their own MVT (modular venture tube), which other “no tune required” companies also use, is uncertain to me.

I was pumped full of numbers and testing that clearly backed C&L as having done the most research out there. But in the end, all testing was flow data alone (no dyno, mules etc.) and could only report what their customer shops were reporting. But I was given an 11hp gain from 4k RPM up to redline and an 18-20hp gain for the BOSS.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m240/manumition/CampL_zps4d889159.jpg

With the exception of Roush, all the companies I talked with were helpful and eager to sell their product and I had zero complaints. But throughout my conversations, K&N and Injen (surprisingly enough) drove a hard bargain and convinced me the most that I needed their product above all others. I, myself, am a K&N fan and almost feel bad saying that as Injen’s rep was brilliant at doing his job for his company. But in the end, K&N has been in the game longer than most and I can attest to their impeccable customer service first hand with my own K&N parts.

But if you’re a numbers guy, myself included, let’s see how things stack up! So if we take the “no tune required” numbers I was given and add a 15hp (on average) tune increase as a control, here’s what we’ve got:

AEM: +23
Airaid: +26
Roush: N/A
K&N: +35
JLT: 25-30 (tune required kit/no theoretical gains)
Steeda: 38 (tune required kit/no theoretical gains)
C&L: +26
Injen: +25

IMO, a 30hp increase is a seat of the pants difference! As a tuning shop we still absolutely recommend tuning any CAI installation no matter the brand to prevent any future lean conditions. K&N, though they produce a “no tune required” kit, feels a tune is not only a great addition to the kit but also safe practice. And who wouldn’t want a Dyno sheet of the improvement anyhow?! The CAI mod is definitely beneficial and especially for future mods as one compliments the other in many cases! But many require a tune to really wake up. So averaging roughly $350, and coupled with a programmer and a custom tune, CAI’s are clearly an advantageous HP mod and one of the best for the price! Thought I'd share.

Grandpa
04-03-2013, 05:36 PM
I could add a lil info to this. My car is already tuned with the stock airbox. I recently picked up a C&L that is sitting in my trunk. We can bolt it on and re-tune it to see a real world difference rather than nonsense ad numbers. I think most of those numbers they are reporting comes from the tunes and not CAIs. But im interested to find out for sure.

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
I could add a lil info to this. My car is already tuned with the stock airbox. I recently picked up a C&L that is sitting in my trunk. We can bolt it on and re-tune it to see a real world difference rather than nonsense ad numbers.

We'd love to do some before and afters in house for sure! Just not enough CAI and CAI/Tune opportunities. Most couple other items etc. nor do we see each kit available. I'd look forward to this!

MidWest281
04-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I find it hard to believe that you get 35hp from a Cold Air Intake. I don't think it's the fresh air inlet that makes a difference, it's most likely just the air filter that makes the difference. The aftermarket air filter just restricts airflow less than a stock air filter.

Changing your exhaust system has the same effect, typically reducing back pressure.

You don't need to buy a CAI "system" to see horsepower gains...just allow air to more freely flow into (or out of) your engine and you'll see horsepower gains.

my .02

Grandpa
04-03-2013, 06:17 PM
We'd love to do some before and afters in house for sure! Just not enough CAI and CAI/Tune opportunities. Most couple other items etc. nor do we see each kit available. I'd look forward to this!

Just let me know when you guys want to do it. I'm game anytime.

BLK2012GT
04-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I find it hard to believe that you get 35hp from a Cold Air Intake. I don't think it's the fresh air inlet that makes a difference, it's most likely just the air filter that makes the difference. The aftermarket air filter just restricts airflow less than a stock air filter.

Changing your exhaust system has the same effect, typically reducing back pressure.

You don't need to buy a CAI "system" to see horsepower gains...just allow air to more freely flow into (or out of) your engine and you'll see horsepower gains.

my .02

You don't get 35hp just from the intake. That hp number includes a tune and that's where most of the power comes from.

MidWest281
04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
His k&n numbers don't match at the top compared to below (no tune required product)

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I think it was Steeda that mentioned they felt the stock box was adequate to 4k RPM. And that a CAI only improves up to 4k by roughly 1.5%. Therefore; even an element upgrade alone would net better gains.

His k&n numbers don't match at the top compared to below (no tune required product)

I gathered this over 8 days so it's not beyond me to miss something, but K&N's "no tune required" claim of "20hp" + 15hp tune control = 35hp (theoretically). Is this what your referring to? I want to make changes if I've missed something.

In addition to the write-up, each year model may see different gains. And each car is not created equal and the results, though untested in house and theoretical at best, will vary.

IHateThisSite
04-03-2013, 06:55 PM
With all of this ... I would like to see numbers from a drop in filter .. And a tune ... I think the intake is purely a looks thing ... Kinda like most exhaust mods are for sound more than power... Nothing wrong with that ..

Ps... Thanks for the amazing write up... Major thumbs up..

46Tbird
04-03-2013, 06:57 PM
The only thing I find concerning about "CAIs" is that they don't do a good enough job of isolating hot underhood air from the intake stream. Some of them have no shield at all, or a cheezy plastic barrier and piece of weatherstrip. A few of them use a fully shielded box and I like that. Another concern is some CAIs produce noisy MAF signals, hurting driveability and power.

I don't think they're all bad. The smooth intake tube with a larger diameter and all that surface area on the conical filter is a no-brainer for making good power. Plus they just look great, especially the Steeda (IMO).

I like that the stock airbox is sealed and feeds from the grille opening, behind the fog light where inlet temps are ambient. Several cars are going deep 11s with this piece so I think I'll stick with the stock airbox for now.

I'm very interested in a back-to-back-to-back comparo of all these brands on one car on the same day. I know dyno time is hard to get at TS and you'd rather have a paying customer on it than some useless dyno flog, but it would be good info for all of us.

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
With all of this ... I would like to see numbers from a drop in filter .. And a tune ... I think the intake is purely a looks thing ... Kinda like most exhaust mods are for sound more than power... Nothing wrong with that ..

Ps... Thanks for the amazing write up... Major thumbs up..

No one I talked to mentioned any testing with drop in's. But I didn't ask either as it wasn't my inquiry. This would be well to see. But given the evidence, a drop in should pick up past 4k if nowhere else.

P.S...I love you too.

The only thing I find concerning about "CAIs" is that they don't do a good enough job of isolating hot underhood air from the intake stream. Some of them have no shield at all, or a cheezy plastic barrier and piece of weatherstrip. A few of them use a fully shielded box and I like that. Another concern is some CAIs produce noisy MAF signals, hurting driveability and power.

The K&N and AEM products have good cutaway shots where they incorporate a grill facing inlet into the sealed box. Also the "duplicated signal" is something I can't attest to it's ability to do it's job as intended either. Hence a custom tune...recommended...always IMO.

DirtyD
04-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Tim, if I can ever get the chance to come in, we can see how my car does in stock + AB trim with the K&N intake. I've had it a couple months now and I could definitely feel a SOTP difference without a tune. We can see if we can back up K&N's claims. :D

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Tim, if I can ever get the chance to come in, we can see how my car does in stock + AB trim with the K&N intake. I've had it a couple months now and I could definitely feel a SOTP difference without a tune. We can see if we can back up K&N's claims. :D

I dig that! :naughty:

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
See and I have the carbon fiber K&N intake and I honestly felt no difference at all. No tune on my car either.

KingJJ24
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
I just picked up a Airaid and Ill post up before and after numbers this weekend

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
I just picked up a Airaid and Ill post up before and after numbers this weekend

Very cool! Any other bolt-on's? Tune or no tune?

MidWest281
04-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Good write up. I'd like to see the proof along with the others.

I think a drop in filter would be very comparable with a CAI system.

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Great thread BTW thanks TS

Grandpa
04-03-2013, 07:51 PM
The thing is that if you are going from stock to CAI and tune, you still won't know how much of the HP is from the intake or tune. The car needs to be already tuned, then add the CAI then re-tune it to see the real results. I'm only expecting maybe 3-4hp more. Will be very interesting to see though.

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm going to go ahead and dyno the K&N and see how it looks compared to my stock dyno. I also have an air raid I'll be throwing on soon with a tune as well for comparison.

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm doing email tune company and I'll run a stock only tune for a few weeks, then run a tune with the air raid.

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Good write up. I'd like to see the proof along with the others.

I think a drop in filter would be very comparable with a CAI system.

This is more and more interesting to me as well.

I'm hoping more will chime in like Dirty and King as to their Dyno results or personal experiences to any noticeable gains etc. and get some good numbers to play with and compare in one compiled thread.

The thing is that if you are going from stock to CAI and tune, you still won't know how much of the HP is from the intake or tune. The car needs to be already tuned, then add the CAI then re-tune it to see the real results. I'm only expecting maybe 3-4hp more. Will be very interesting to see though.

This would be optimal for sure. You thinking that a tune 1st, and CAI tune 2nd, would net less of a Dyno improvement over a CAI 1st and tune 2nd? Obviously the manufacturers methods are stock pull/CAI pull/Tune & CAI pulls

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 07:59 PM
What are your dyno only rates with no tuning Tim? Looks like I may be heading up some time soon. It would be nice to see A/Fs on all these different set ups as well.

Grandpa
04-03-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm going to go ahead and dyno the K&N and see how it looks compared to my stock dyno. I also have an air raid I'll be throwing on soon with a tune as well for comparison.

If you can, you should try to tune it with the stock filter, then the K&N and then finally the intake to see the differences across the board.

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 08:06 PM
I was going to sell the intake and throw the money toward the tuner but I can do that too. I'm going to need some cheap dyno time with all these changes lol

TrueStreetTim
04-03-2013, 08:07 PM
What are your dyno only rates with no tuning Tim? Looks like I may be heading up some time soon. It would be nice to see A/Fs on all these different set ups as well.

$80 for 3 pulls. HP/TQ & A/F included.

DirtyD
04-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Time, I plan on getting tuned by the May Dyno day, so hopefully we can do a intake-no tune dyno, then a intake-tune dyno and compare them to my 2 stock pulls from oct.

PLASMAN
04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I went from 364/352stock to 388/381 tune with Steeda CAI and mine is an auto.

Pepperinyoureye
04-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Seems like O/R X is MUCH more cost effective mod than a CAI. Way better numbers than the intake + tune only cars.

DirtyD
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Seems like O/R X is MUCH more cost effective mod than a CAI. Way better numbers than the intake + tune only cars.

But that also requires deleting cats, which could then become an issue with inspection.

GrabberMatt
04-03-2013, 10:14 PM
What gains are you seeing on the OR/X ?
I have an Airaid CAI if anybody wants to use it on a CAI shoot out

Dark Pony
04-03-2013, 10:33 PM
First off, props on the write up! Great job Tim!

Secondly, I think another look at this would be the fact that dyno results aren't necessarily the best indicator whether or not a part is truly effective. One thing that dyno results don't show is how much air flow you are getting on the road at 5k rpms...when the car is actually moving and collecting air respectively, it can truly make a huge difference.

I didn't notice a big difference after installing my JLT. Of course it IS tune required...with that being said up top...above say 4.5-5k rpms, I did notice it pulled a bit harder.

Honestly, this is simple physics...how much it gained? Not sure...but I felt a difference when my car is sucking in a lot more air at higher rpms!

pohnjarker
04-04-2013, 02:04 AM
dyno numbers are great, but are subjective. i like track testing better.

saying that...i had a JLT CF CAI/tune on my car back last May before i came over here. i hit the track and pulled off a dismal 8.6 three times in a row. i took the JLT CF CAI off and installed the stock box/tune and again, ran 8.6 about 5 more times. given the small amount of HP the CAI gave me, not counting the tune, was enough for me to want to sell it.

i still have it but if you're looking for one for the shop, i will gladly give you the CAI to help pay for the work i have lined up in May.

i do like the sound that it makes and it looks badass but from a pure performance standpoint, its not worth the dough...IMO

JDBishopArts
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
I'll take the JLT CF CAI off you. Been looking for one. PM me a price. I'll be going to TS for a tune and we can use it for true numbers testing.

Luke
04-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I went from 364/352stock to 388/381 tune with Steeda CAI and mine is an auto.

This makes me happy about my o/r x purchase over a CAI. Lethal x-pipe and bama tune I got 394/391 at TS, also an auto.

Good write up, looking forward to some more info, I've been holding off on any CAI until I get something solid to go off of.

PLASMAN
04-04-2013, 01:19 PM
This makes me happy about my o/r x purchase over a CAI. Lethal x-pipe and bama tune I got 394/391 at TS, also an auto.

Good write up, looking forward to some more info, I've been holding off on any CAI until I get something solid to go off of.

I Have added OR pipes and a new tune and hope to be where you are now, waiting on next dyno day

pohnjarker
04-04-2013, 02:57 PM
last years TS dyno day, i put down 408 with JLT CAI/Tune and cat deletes.
a beer says you break 400 Plasman :headbang:

TrueStreetTim
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM
I Have added OR pipes and a new tune and hope to be where you are now, waiting on next dyno day

Coming up May 18th!

An X-Pipe thread is another write up all together lol. But it's arguable that they'd make very similar numbers. Another scenario we look to see more of to compare results.

Midnight11
04-04-2013, 03:39 PM
last years TS dyno day, i put down 408 with JLT CAI/Tune and cat deletes.
a beer says you break 400 Plasman :headbang:

Gotta figure auto though

Kosovobandit
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
I did a small write up on this a while back on svtp. I dynoed stock, drop in k&n, and airaid. Also dynoed with the procal stock paper, drop in k&n, & airraid. The airraid did make a power gain at the rear wheels.

Grandpa
04-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Coming up May 18th!

An X-Pipe thread is another write up all together lol. But it's arguable that they'd make very similar numbers. Another scenario we look to see more of to compare results.

Here you go : http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/front-page-news-143/801975-svtperformance-plumbing-101-lethal-performance-offroad-h-x-pipe-test.html

Dan12GT
04-05-2013, 09:30 AM
I really want to say I think my Airraid picked up something for me. How much I am not sure. I got my car dyno'd bone stock and it put down 382/359 at HPP on a cold February day. I was at the last dyno day at TS which was on a warmer day. It put down 382/387. Funny how the HP number stayed the same though. I also have a Borla S-Type full catback so that more than likely accounted for some of the gains I got too but I can't image all of it. I picked up nearly 30ft/lbs. Granted different dynos, different days however I'd like to hold my Airraid intake accountable for some of that. Note: I am on stock tune by the way.

DirtyD
04-05-2013, 09:34 AM
I really want to say I think my Airraid picked up something for me. How much I am not sure. I got my car dyno'd bone stock and it put down 382/359 at HPP on a cold February day. I was at the last dyno day at TS which was on a warmer day. It put down 382/387. Funny how the HP number stayed the same though. I also have a Borla S-Type full catback so that more than likely accounted for some of the gains I got too but I can't image all of it. I picked up nearly 30ft/lbs. Granted different dynos, different days however I'd like to hold my Airraid intake accountable for some of that. Note: I am on stock tune by the way.

It also depends on how dialed in the TQ is on the dyno. I know Shaun at AED has his TQ not dialed in, and it can read as much at 30-40+ normal, "real" numbers.

I dynoed 378/365 SAE and 387/375 STD with GT500 AB and that's it.

Dan12GT
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Both of my numbers were STD. From my understand HPP and TS are pretty similar on how their dynos are dialed in

Kosovobandit
04-05-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/913951-intake-test-paper-filter-k-n-airraid-procal-no-procal.html

Link to my number on Airraid vs stock box in STD.

DirtyD
04-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Both of my numbers were STD. From my understand HPP and TS are pretty similar on how their dynos are dialed in

Very weird in the fact you gained that much TQ and not an "ounce" of HP, since HP is a function of TQ. Any change in TQ should result in an influx of HP unless the distance or time over wishing the work is done is changed.

TrueStreetTim
04-05-2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/913951-intake-test-paper-filter-k-n-airraid-procal-no-procal.html

Link to my number on Airraid vs stock box in STD.

Thanks for the link! A perfect addition!

Dan12GT
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
04-05-2013, 12:08 PM
You also have to consider the weather conditions. I very well may have gained HP. It was a cold day on the stock dyno so much denser air. The 2nd dyno I had was significantly warmer outside so that very well might account for the HP number to "stay the same" when in fact it probably went up. I think my stock numbers might look a bit embellished due to the cool air. There are soooo many factors that affect dyno numbers it's almost impossible to get a 100% accurate reading. The only real way to do true testing is with the same dyno, the same weather conditions, the same car, and the only changing factor be the intake. Even then not every car will respond the same.

to add more fuel to the fire, I have seen weather in the morning 50* and after install and lunch (the fat kids got to eat) 72*. Same day comparison can also be a little off as well

Kosovobandit
04-05-2013, 12:17 PM
That is why with the test I did it was the same day, temp, car, dyno, and the time took about an hour. There was also no fan on the car at the time and the door was closed to the dyno area.

DirtyD
04-05-2013, 12:28 PM

This is true, and also why I don't put much trust in STD numbers, because they tend to not be as comparable when it comes to different atmospheric conditions during different dyno sessions. SAE is better for comparison purposes when it comes to trying to "disregard" weather changes.

Luke
04-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Track numbers > dyno numbers!

Kosovobandit
04-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Track result are just as subjective as dyno results. Things like: Temp, track prep, tire, driver, shift points, ect all come into play.

Justin@VMP
04-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.

Grandpa
04-17-2013, 10:59 PM
Our auto 5.0 car ran faster at the track with a stock airbox, cold dense air makes for harder hit out of the hole. However my 5.0l tvs kits all come with JLT intakes...more flow more power.

^If this guy doesn't know, no one does! :peace:

DirtyD
04-17-2013, 11:43 PM

Whoa, when did you get here, Justin? Nice to see you around.