PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint Hookup!

Dan12GT
04-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Hey guys just thought I'd throw this out there as it's starting to warm up and you need to keep your car cool and protect your interior from damaging UV.

This is my buddy's window tinting company:
http://www.solareclipsewindowtinting.com/

He does mobile tinting for houses, cars, boats, etc. If it has a window he can tint it and he is the best in the business. I personally worked with him for a few years. If you are looking to get some work done check out his site or send me a PM and I can get you his number. Tell him Danny referred you and he should cut you a pretty fair deal.

03MachMe
04-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Sweet need this for the edge and would like mine a little darker

JDBishopArts
04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah I'm probably going to get him to tint the rape van.

BlueBolt
04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I do need some tint. Badly. Lol

Midnight11
04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Sweet I want mine darker

jng2985
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
PM sent

Dan12GT
02-10-2014, 12:09 AM
Just thought I would bring this thread back to life as we have many new members and I've had several recent requests.

TwoQuack
02-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Nice, does he carry the Wincos tint technology brand? I've heard it's one of the best.

NAVAG
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Nice, does he carry the Wincos tint technology brand? I've heard it's one of the best.

That's the type I had put on. Had it done at Tritek in Garland. I'm thinking it was a little over $400 for the whole car and the Wincos tint is worth every penny.

Dan12GT
02-15-2014, 11:40 AM
That's the type I had put on. Had it done at Tritek in Garland. I'm thinking it was a little over $400 for the whole car and the Wincos tint is worth every penny.

JESUS! $400! Never in my life would I pay that for window tint.

Anywho I believe the films he uses are all 3M. He also warenties hes work for life against bubbles, fading, etc. He's done 4-5 of my cars, all have been flawless. He has also done about every family member of mine's vehicles. I've never heard a peap about the tint.

I've known him a long time and used to tint with him while I was in college. He is the best in the business. Hands down.

jmurray87
02-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for sharing, bookmarked the link I need to get my car tinted it looks like a glass bowl right now!

rlhay2
02-15-2014, 11:48 AM
JESUS! $400! Never in my life would I pay that for window tint.

I paid that much to get the Wincos tint on my girl's car.

And as soon as my schedule allows I shall be getting the Shelby redone with Wincos this time too!

It makes a substantial difference in the interior temps of the car on a hot day. Texas heat is hell (no pun intended) on interiors. You just have to decide if the extra $100 is worth the expense to you.

Dan12GT
02-15-2014, 11:58 AM

And as soon as my schedule allows I shall be getting the Shelby redone with Wincos this time too!

It makes a substantial difference in the interior temps of the car on a hot day. Texas heat is hell (no pun intended) on interiors. You just have to decide if the extra $100 is worth the expense to you.

Seriously call my guy before you do it and talk to him about heat reduction, don't let a brand sell you on that. Most all tints will perform heat reduction obviously some maybe better than others.

$400 is paying more than double for car tint not just $100 more...

NAVAG
02-15-2014, 12:35 PM

It does make a huge difference in Heat and UV reduction. I had it put on to help protect my leather interior. I would get in my car after a long July/August day and it wasn't an oven. Cooled down in a flash once the AC was turned on and stayed cool. I didn't buy it for the name - It is literally the best tint out there.

I'm getting ready to buy a beater DD so I can keep the miles down on my 5.0. I'll give your friend a call when I get the tint done on it. Most 35+ MPG cars are so slow and ugly that I would have to go with a very dark tint so no one sees me driving it. I might even spray paint some stripes and stick a 5.0 emblem on the front fender...

jmurray87
02-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Dan12GT what % do you have? Trying to decide how dark I want to go and I see your car is black as well.