PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Tuning Companies

KnightRider5.0
03-30-2013, 09:34 PM
Ok guys i really want to get a good tune on my car when I do my retune. I'd love to have AED do it but I want a good tweaked dyno tune and I'm not gonna drive 27 hours to California to get it. So whats a good dyno tuning company in Dallas? Or the Texas region? I know AED could email my tunes but plain and simple my car wont be on the dyno and he won't be able to tweak it to get the most horse power just by emailing tunes back and forth.

Grandpa
03-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Ok guys i really want to get a good tune on my car when I do my retune. I'd love to have AED do it but I want a good tweaked dyno tune and I'm not gonna drive 27 hours to California to get it. So whats a good dyno tuning company in Dallas? Or the Texas region? I know AED could email my tunes but plain and simple my car wont be on the dyno and he won't be able to tweak it to get the most horse power just by emailing tunes back and forth.

I recently had Sean at TrueStreet tune my car and it runs great and makes great power for so little mods.

DirtyD
03-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Brent (Yagermister) told me there is a guy at Triangle Speed Shop in Orange, TX that has access to Shaun's tunes. If you want an AED quality dyno tune without driving to Cali, that's your best bet. He would be able to take the email tunes from Shaun and tweak them even better

KnightRider5.0
03-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Interesting I'm going to look into this thanks guys, any other thoughts on the subject?

PLASMAN
03-30-2013, 11:48 PM
You can always datalog a tune from AED and he can make adjustments. Manny at HPP is also a good local tuner. I use VMP.

pohnjarker
03-31-2013, 05:59 AM
True Street and Manny at HPP are both good from what ive heard.

Shaun recommends TSS. When i was having problems with my BAP and AED tunes, Shaun offered to give me a refund if i went to TSS to have them do it. if i didnt live so far away, id have done it. There's also a guy on svtp.com that is doing some great runs with his TSS tune and a blower. down into the 9s i think.

Dark Pony
03-31-2013, 09:24 AM
I use VMP too. Great tune and great customer service!

OG Fox
04-01-2013, 02:20 AM
My car ran beastly with a tune from AED. if your not comfortable with datalogging, check out Manny at HPP, he has his own 5.0. also brenspeed is opening a shop down here soon if you can wait a bit.

pohnjarker
04-01-2013, 02:23 AM
hopefully Brenspeed will have a dyno and provide dyno tuning. their mail order tune was my least favorite...and i've had a bama tune. lol

OG Fox
04-01-2013, 02:41 AM
hopefully Brenspeed will have a dyno and provide dyno tuning. their mail order tune was my least favorite...and i've had a bama tune. lol

yikes. ive had bama tune, bama tune edited by true street, and an AED tune. the latter was the tits.

ProCharge5.0
04-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Andy at Prime Tuning is great! www.prime-tuning.com will give you his contact info

faztcobra
04-05-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm very happy with my AED tune. Offroad H, GT500 catback, and E85 and I dropped 431/409 on HPP's dyno a couple months back. Car pulls hard and has great drivability for such minimal mods.

Yagermeister
04-07-2013, 01:05 AM
AED tune here for my SCT device. Had a Bama tune first and it actually was pretty good but a little too conservative for me but I race a lot. Went with AED and great tunes, great customer service.