PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Help

ProCharge5.0
03-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Anyone know of a shop in fort worth that will not give me shit about no cats on my car? I don't know if it will pass with my tune but I guess I will try it. If the car is running you can smell it. Hard to hide that it doesn't. I may put cats back on it anyway but don't want to get pulled over because my inspection is out.

DirtyD
03-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Maybe try Taylor's Inspection off Cooper in Arlington?

ProCharge5.0
03-28-2013, 12:52 PM
It failed. A bunch of things show not ready when they plugged it in. It's in the tune. I'm wanting to put cats on it anyway

JDMLOL
03-28-2013, 02:08 PM
Do tunes keep readiness monitors from passing or do you have a CEL? I haven't used a tuner before so I dont know. Two things: if the tune keeps the cel off but still wont pass the emissions system readiness test, maybe try o2 spacers for a catless setup to pass the monitor. It fixed my cel light and emissions system readiness issue on one of my previous cars with a test pipe. As far as I know texas inspections only plug in to the computer on obd2 vehicles and no visual underneath. Also you can pass with up to ONE failed readiness test at a legitimate inspection facility. If that's not your issue I know a place out in rendon that should do it.

ProCharge5.0
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM
My tuner made some adjustments and I'll try again in a few days.

Luke
04-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Do tunes keep readiness monitors from passing or do you have a CEL? I haven't used a tuner before so I dont know. Two things: if the tune keeps the cel off but still wont pass the emissions system readiness test, maybe try o2 spacers for a catless setup to pass the monitor. It fixed my cel light and emissions system readiness issue on one of my previous cars with a test pipe. As far as I know texas inspections only plug in to the computer on obd2 vehicles and no visual underneath. Also you can pass with up to ONE failed readiness test at a legitimate inspection facility. If that's not your issue I know a place out in rendon that should do it.

They do plug in but a visual inspection is supposed to be done, among other things. Also, I'd keep any hookups on inspections private in pm's, even the location. Inspectors are risking a lot and obviously if you know about one, you are usually using them too, would suck to lose that perk.

Luke
04-04-2013, 02:34 PM
My tuner made some adjustments and I'll try again in a few days.

Not sure if they told you but if you failed and still paid you have 14 days (I think) to get it reinspected free of charge.

STROKD
04-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Both my Vettes passed the odb2 scan without cats. work on the tune up, it should be able to pass if they dont look for them. I think there can only be 2 sensors that arent ready, to pass.