PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out how much to sell my car for pls

03cobrarocks
03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
As much as it pains me to do this, my 03 is going up for sale in a few weeks. Since I am the first owner and have had the car since it was bone stock it saddens me to see it go, but it is time to move on and get a house and work on other things in life for a few years.

What should I ask for it? I was thinking 22k or so hopefully...

Color: Torch Red
Mileage: 54xxx
The new built motor has only been in the car 3k miles or so
I would say the outside of the car is a 7.5 or 8 out of 10, mostly due to paint coming off behind the rear tires and driver side skirt not perfectly fitting anymore.
Interior is a 8/10 with rear seats looking brand new.

Mods:

Exterior: Saleen s281 wing ( I have stock wing if buyer wants)
20% tint on driver/passenger sides with 5% on back three windows
American Muscle Clear Corner Headlights
Shorty Antena

Motor:
Comp stage III cams
Ported Heads
302 Stroker Kit
CP Pistons with 8.6:1 Compression
Posi Ported Blower with 2.8 upper 4lb lower
Oil Seperator Kit
New Jlt High Boost Intake

Exhaust:
BBk Ceramic Coated Longtubes
BBK o/r X pipe
Steeda Catback

Suspension/Drivetrain:
UPR Tubular K member Kit
26 Spline Input Shaft
Steeda Tri-ax Short Shifter
Full Length Subframe Connectors
8.8 solid axle with 3.55s
Moser 31 Spline
Welded axle Tubes and Reinfored Torque boxes
KYB Adjustable Shocks

Tires/Wheels:
17x9 and 17x10.5 Anthricite fr500s
245/40/17 Nitto Invos on front
315/35/17 Nitto 555rs on the rear with 75% tread left.

Misc:
Full Return Style full System Setup running e85
MRT Hood Struts
Battery Relocated to the rear

I am sure I am leaving a few things out but this is the bulk of the mods.

03MachMe
03-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Noooooooooo. Hate to see this car go and at that price with those miles prilly have no problem selling it. Text me some pictures I know someone that may be interested.

Grandpa
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
In my opinion, I'd set the price around $24.5k. Let someone talk you to $22k and both will get a good deal. Low mile Cobras are getting harder to come by and most are beat to death. I think that would be a very fair price for your car.

Luke
03-26-2013, 11:45 AM
That sounds like a good price for what's done. Sucks seeing a car like that go, especially since you've come this far with it. Good luck with the sale. Also, a while back when I sold my 03, LA Motorcars bought it and actually gave me a decent amount for it, might be worth a shot to hit them up.

03cobrarocks
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
In my opinion, I'd set the price around $24.5k. Let someone talk you to $22k and both will get a good deal. Low mile Cobras are getting harder to come by and most are beat to death. I think that would be a very fair price for your car.

Thanks for the help! I would like to think mine has been tastefully done.. but I am bias hehe.

Car really has not been ragged on at all since new motor.. heck never even seen the track since I did it.

Motor is overkill for the power adder.. if someone bought this car and invested 3.5k or so on a big blower they would be set imo. I figure there are those out there that would like to just throw on a turbo/big blower and go.

03cobrarocks
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Noooooooooo. Hate to see this car go and at that price with those miles prilly have no problem selling it. Text me some pictures I know someone that may be interested.

yea it sucks man... One day I hope to get a 06 viper or so with heads/cam bolt ons.

03cobrarocks
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
That sounds like a good price for what's done. Sucks seeing a car like that go, especially since you've come this far with it. Good luck with the sale. Also, a while back when I sold my 03, LA Motorcars bought it and actually gave me a decent amount for it, might be worth a shot to hit them up.

I didnt think they were still in business. That is the one that was close to gearheads right?

Maybe they just moved

svt-eric
04-19-2013, 09:03 AM
so are u selling this car? i got a buddy that wants your number.

Selcouth
04-19-2013, 12:33 PM
Been monitoring prices for 03 Cobras for the past couple weeks. 24K sounds about right IMO for the miles.

Emwun Garand
04-19-2013, 08:39 PM
so are u selling this car? i got a buddy that wants your number.

Baltimore Orioles?

svt-eric
04-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Baltimore Orioles?

balta with the black cobra? yea.