PDA

View Full Version : Tx2k13

Grandpa
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Looks like it maybe the last one.

vvSWFww4Obk

03MachMe
03-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Not sure what you think is going to happen when you post videos of you racing at 160+ on city streets. I know detectives that search youtube, facebook, etc all day long looking for idiots that post themselves breaking the law

GrabberMatt
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Ya Steve, quit trying to street race me.

DirtyD
03-21-2013, 10:57 PM
It will continue to happen, the on street racing has been going on for awhile. But dumbasses started racing on non-empty feeder roads and city streets this year. That's just stupid.

The legal meet and track event in Sealy is safe.

STROKD
03-22-2013, 12:59 AM
lol at the hick in the truck that isnt safe over 80 mph thinking 200k dollar cars with highly proficient drivers are likely to crash into each other... they arent soccer moms driving mini vans fast in stop and go traffic...

I agree when the media gets involved the police will step up more in the up coming years.

Phuck Phace
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
"They were driving 120mph" LOL

03MachMe
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
lol at the hick in the truck that isnt safe over 80 mph thinking 200k dollar cars with highly proficient drivers are likely to crash into each other... they arent soccer moms driving mini vans fast in stop and go traffic...

I agree when the media gets involved the police will step up more in the up coming years.

Hate to tell you but I don't care who you have driving what car what they are doing is not safe. 1 those roads were not designed for those speeds, all it takes is one pot hole, or something left in the road to make those cars lose control at that speed, 2 it's not as much them as it is the other drivers on the road, just 1 jackass not paying attention and changes lanes and you have at least two dead. I have seen what speeds of only about 100 can do to someone, I would hate to work a crash like that.

Phuck Phace
03-22-2013, 10:08 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9034511

merlinmol
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I love the people that try to estimate someone's speed like they know.

IHateThisSite
03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
"Street racing is a class B misdemeanor, with maximum punishment of a $2,000 fine, 180 days in jail and driver's license suspension. In street racing, passengers can be punished as severely as the driver, and spectators can also be fined."

WTF ... Passengers and spectators? That seems right ... On you mean you where on the same road as a race... Go to jail... Oh your boyfriend was racing ... Go to jail...

IHateThisSite
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
I love the people that try to estimate someone's speed like they know.

I had my eyes calibrated ... It's ok... My friend is a cop he showed me how to do it. (By friend I mean a guy on my street)

Grandpa
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
highly proficient drivers

You have got to be kidding. Matt, even a experienced, trained, professional driver is not going to be highly profient in a uncontrolled enviorment like racing on a public highway. Anything from a blown tire, unlevel pavement or just a civilian making a lane change at the wrong time can completely unsettle a car at those speeds.

I can understand why you think the way you do because you have been doing it so long and nothing has happened. But it only takes once to end your life.

Phuck Phace
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
But it only takes once to end your life.

I never thought about it that way, I guess I'll just stick to drinking and driving.

Grandpa
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
I never thought about it that way, I guess I'll just stick to drinking and driving.

:shakehead:

STROKD
03-22-2013, 11:28 AM
You have got to be kidding. Matt, even a experienced, trained, professional driver is not going to be highly profient in a uncontrolled enviorment like racing on a public highway. Anything from a blown tire, unlevel pavement or just a civilian making a lane change at the wrong time can completely unsettle a car at those speeds.

I can understand why you think the way you do because you have been doing it so long and nothing has happened. But it only takes once to end your life.

I know where you are coming from, a hick on tv with a 100 hp truck cant even begin to understand those Lambos/GTRs etc that cost more than his house... it's not the same ball park. they can get to 200 in like 5-7 seconds from a roll... and Im sure most of them know the roads well enough to not be racing around potholes and turns... I know where all the dips and turns are on GB/DNT/SRB motorspeedways (no pot holes)... its the same down there for the H town guys.

Never said it was safe, just not CRAZY like the people they interviewed... take it with a grain of salt. Ive been down there before, it's fucken epic racing 5 wide for 15 minutes at a time...

DirtyD
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
The smarter of the idiots that do race on the highways at least look for and scout decent section of highway that maintain a very high sight and braking distance with minimal grade and road surface/texture change.

Not like they go jump on a road like 35E through Downtown Dallas and race there. :lol:

Phuck Phace
03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
The smarter of the idiots that do race on the highways at least look for and scout decent section of highway that maintain a very high sight and braking distance with minimal grade and road surface/texture change.

Not like they go jump on a road like 35E through Downtown Dallas and race there. :lol:

True, I only race on 635 from 4:30-7:30 pm.

DirtyD
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
True, I only race on 635 from 4:30-7:30 pm.

:lol:

I will be watching the news for a pile up caused by a white Irish male driving a stolen Mexican pickup truck.

:p

Grandpa
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
:lol:

I will be watching the news for a pile up caused by a white Irish male driving a stolen Mexican pickup truck.

:p

Hopefully it will happen in Richardson so we can get a firsthand account of the beatdown that occurs. :happy107:

Courtesy Flush
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=9034511

Local resident for 50 years Melba Hamilton had this to share.
Bunch of cars racing....motorcycles racing....was very loud and annoying.

Melba has been living under a rock the past few years.

Mike
03-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Did anyone else notice that all of the guys arrested appeared to be hispanic?

This news story should be more exposure for Kyle @ 1320, that's always a good thing, lol.

Stangmaster281
03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
I like how this is just now making the news.

DirtyD
03-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I like how this is just now making the news.

Because some idiots took the freeway racing and starting doing it on city streets through neighborhoods and stuff, as well as the feeder roads.

Luke
03-28-2013, 03:19 AM
Did anyone else notice that all of the guys arrested appeared to be hispanic?

This news story should be more exposure for Kyle @ 1320, that's always a good thing, lol.

He's blown up in the past couple years, good to see him doing well.

Emwun Garand
03-29-2013, 11:09 PM
I know where you are coming from, a hick on tv with a 100 hp truck cant even begin to understand those Lambos/GTRs etc that cost more than his house... it's not the same ball park. they can get to 200 in like 5-7 seconds from a roll... and Im sure most of them know the roads well enough to not be racing around potholes and turns... I know where all the dips and turns are on GB/DNT/SRB motorspeedways (no pot holes)... its the same down there for the H town guys.

Never said it was safe, just not CRAZY like the people they interviewed... take it with a grain of salt. Ive been down there before, it's fucken epic racing 5 wide for 15 minutes at a time...

They weren't racing 5 wide in any of the vids from this year. They were blowing past traffic racing 2 wide at retarded speeds.