PDA

View Full Version : Next mods?

l3g1t
03-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Okay so I posted on Facebook but I wanted to post here too. I got a 1200$ bonus and I want it to go to my car. I'm thinking about buying some 4.10's even though it seems like no one runs them, I want a tuner but I don't know which one to buy any ideas?

Also want a mid pipe but I don't want inspection hassles, any ideas here? If there's any money left over after install I may go with MGW or something on the suspension side. Any suggestions here either?

Grandpa
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Okay so I posted on Facebook but I wanted to post here too. I got a 1200$ bonus and I want it to go to my car. I'm thinking about buying some 4.10's even though it seems like no one runs them, I want a tuner but I don't know which one to buy any ideas?

Also want a mid pipe but I don't want inspection hassles, any ideas here? If there's any money left over after install I may go with MGW or something on the suspension side. Any suggestions here either?

4.10's are a lot of gear for these cars. When you add more power down the road you might regret those gears. At most I'd suggest are the 3.73's but it seems like most end up with the 3.31's depending on the mods later.

A tune and exhaust really woke my car up. Most tuners tend to lean towards SCT for the programmers. So an Xcal should be in your future. I got mine from Truestreet, they keep them in stock and then you can talk to them about a tune too.

Be sure to check with all our vendors here to take advantage of your member discounts! Every lil bit helps!

JDBishopArts
03-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Intake/Exhaust/Tune.

No gears. The 3.73's are steep enough.

BLK2012GT
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
4.10's are great. I still got them if you want them.

l3g1t
03-21-2013, 07:11 PM
I don't have 3.73's. I'm trying to decide my only hold up is the 400$ plus to install them and if I end up not liking them or going boost I'm out that 400 or more.

When you say exhaust what all are you including?

Grandpa
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
I don't have 3.73's. I'm trying to decide my only hold up is the 400$ plus to install them and if I end up not liking them or going boost I'm out that 400 or more.

When you say exhaust what all are you including?

Midpipe and axleback. Headers are not a real critical mod. In fact, longtubes often cause problems on these cars.

l3g1t
03-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Ok, I have axle backs and the mid pipe should be coming soon.

Do you have offload or catted midpipe?

Grandpa
03-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Ok, I have axle backs and the mid pipe should be coming soon.

Do you have offload or catted midpipe?

I've got a Lethal offroad Hpipe. I really like it. Fits like a glove, no leakage, great quality and sound really good.

DirtyD
03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I want an ORH. :(

GrabberMatt
03-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Steve, any issues getting inspected w/ that OffRoad H? Did you feel any gains from it?

jng2985
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Steve, any issues getting inspected w/ that OffRoad H? Did you feel any gains from it?

Just get the car tuned to remove the error code removing the cats throws. Inspection plugs to the comp not the mufflers.. Or.. go to east dallas.

l3g1t
03-21-2013, 11:05 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-389/920868-sct-xcal3-sale.html

Will this tuner be what I need?

jng2985
03-21-2013, 11:18 PM
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-389/920868-sct-xcal3-sale.html

Will this tuner be what I need?

yes

pohnjarker
03-22-2013, 12:46 AM

tell me about it...my car came with 3.73s and now that i have boost, im trying to go down to a 3.15 or 3.27 and the install is a bit steep.

what gears do you have now? if you ever plan on going boost, keep what you have or go lower in the future.

i think i said this on facebook but id go AED tune, ORH, MGW or Barton shifter.

Grandpa
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
tell me about it...my car came with 3.73s and now that i have boost, im trying to go down to a 3.15 or 3.27 and the install is a bit steep.

what gears do you have now? if you ever plan on going boost, keep what you have or go lower in the future.

i think i said this on facebook but id go AED tune, ORH, MGW or Barton shifter.

How are you liking that Paxton? I'm going with one as well. :cheers:

TrueStreetTim
03-23-2013, 03:50 PM
For the budget you've allotted, I still feel the programmer/CAI/Tune is the best option for the price and a great jumping off point for future modding having the tune in place. And also fits your budget to a T!

Gears/Tune would also be an option close to budget.

Additionally; for roughly $200 more (depending on catted or not) you can land a mid pipe of sorts coupled with a programmer and tune. But in most reported instances only the catless off-road nets measurable gains. Even then it's on par with the CAI. And if your planning on headers in the future you should sit tight and grab the matching mid.

....everything mentioned being new that is.

Luke
03-23-2013, 04:09 PM
There's an O/R h-pipe on SVTP for $200. I put my tuner and o/r x on at the same time, made a huge difference, louder than I originally wanted but I'll fix that in time. I personally wouldn't go with gears, plenty of other parts to choose from especially considering you can do them yourself and save some money.

l3g1t
03-24-2013, 04:24 PM
I think it's gunna be an SCT, haven't decided on brand of o/r h but one of those lol, and see where I'm at. If I feel I want more power I will add something if not I may be saving for a Paxton or procharger.