PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking Passenger side

KnightRider5.0
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
So I was driving with the windows down around town and occasionally I hear a squeak coming from the right side. It has to be suspension because if it where wheel related I would hear it all the time right? I rolled into my driveway and walked around and rocked the suspension on the passenger side and didn't hear anything any ideas?

46Tbird
03-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Front or rear?

For the front, the lower control arm bushings are known to be noisy on some cars.

On the rear, sometimes the panhard rod bushings will make noise, especially if you've got an aftermarket one and you don't have it tightened all the way.

Just some guesses.

KnightRider5.0
03-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I can't isolate the sound to me it sounds like the rear.

jng2985
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I have the exact same issue except! it will only happen on mine when the weather temp is above 90 and other isolations that Im unable to isolate "as retarded as it may be". Drove around for an hour with ford rep trying to duplicate and was unable to. Sure enough pulling into the driveway there it was.

Sorry I'm no help but damn I hope you figure it out, it drove me nuts for some time..

zemog255
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
I had/have a squeak that sounds like the back seat passenger side. I haven't heard it in awhile and it would only happen on hard bumps. It could be temp related like mentioned above since it was warm out the last time I notice it. There was thread on SVTP where he took out almost everything in the back seat trunk area and traced a squeak down. You would have to search it was awhile back that I read the thread.

Stangmaster281
03-19-2013, 10:07 PM
I hear it sometimes, it's like a small squeak noise. It turned out to be the little hanger thing that holds the seat belt near the seat. And it's only on the passenger side.

BlueBolt
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Passenger side back seat squeak probably is similar to this issue

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/876143-11-12-mustang-coupe-back-seat-rattle-ticking-sound-bumpy-roads-solution.html

KnightRider5.0
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
No luck I tried all the stuff in this write up couldn't get anything to squeak or creek.

CMORENO302
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
So I was driving with the windows down around town and occasionally I hear a squeak coming from the right side. It has to be suspension because if it where wheel related I would hear it all the time right? I rolled into my driveway and walked around and rocked the suspension on the passenger side and didn't hear anything any ideas?

Mine was doing the same thing last year. But only when going over speed bumps. I took it in and was told it was the bushing on the front passenger wheel. Said it was common problem they were seeing. They replace it, and its been good since.

KnightRider5.0
03-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Good my baby's there now I hope they fix it.

CMORENO302
03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Good my baby's there now I hope they fix it.

Let us now how it turns out and what the problem was.....

KnightRider5.0
03-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Supposedly problem was a control arm, idk if it was paranoia but I swore I head it again after picking my car up. I'm gonna do alot of city driving tomorrow and see it I'm right.

DirtyD
03-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Supposedly problem was a control arm, idk if it was paranoia but I swore I head it again after picking my car up. I'm gonna do alot of city driving tomorrow and see it I'm right.

Probably the hydro bushings in the control arm of which there was a TSB for

KnightRider5.0
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
Ya that's what they said, has it been confirmed for both or just one?

DirtyD
03-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Can be both, can be neither, can be one. Just depends.

Mine seriously started doing it after about 1k miles, but stopped after another 1k. Haven't had it since. Haha

KnightRider5.0
03-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Ya I'm hearing it again my friend who has a 5.0 just said up grade to the billet ones they are better and help eliminate wheel hop.

DirtyD
03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Ya I'm hearing it again my friend who has a 5.0 just said up grade to the billet ones they are better and help eliminate wheel hop.

The hydro bushings in the TSB I'm talking about are the front control arms. Not the rear.

KnightRider5.0
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Ok fml, here's the real story got my car back from ford driving home I heard the sound again next day I took it to a local mechanic turns on the little retaining clips for the brake pad assembly were bent in rubbing my rotor. Replaced them and its gone.

DirtyD
03-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Ok fml, here's the real story got my car back from ford driving home I heard the sound again next day I took it to a local mechanic turns on the little retaining clips for the brake pad assembly were bent in rubbing my rotor. Replaced them and its gone.

Well that was easy. Haha

CMORENO302
04-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Well that was easy. Haha

Ford mechanics seem to be pre k. Only a good few ones out there. Park cities couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car for about 3-4 visits. I live close to it. Finally took it to north central were I bought it and the same day was told it was CPS sensor. Was ready the next day!