PDA

View Full Version : Terminator owners please step in

Bearden86
03-12-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm in need of a new tune and I'm looking for a local dyno tune. Anyone have any experiences with some of the local tuners. I currently have amazon tuning and well they basically suck. So if anyone has any experiences good or bad please let me know. If your not comfortable posting here please PM me. I just want to make a informed decision. Mods are 2.8 upper, ported eaton, plenum and throttle body. 80lb injectors, MAFia, intake, exhaust, KB BAP with wire upgrade pretty basic stuff. Thanks in advance. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area

blownaltered
03-12-2013, 11:48 PM
I know Foofinator just had his done by True Street. They are a sponsor on here. A lot of the guys here use them, I will be dropping my fox off there next week as well.

Bearden86
03-12-2013, 11:52 PM
I know Foofinator just had his done by True Street. They are a sponsor on here. A lot of the guys here use them, I will be dropping my fox off there next week as well.

I've heard nothing but good things about them. I wasn't sure how much experience they had in tuning terminators. Ill send
Foof a PM Thanks

I don't see Foofinator?

Toby
03-13-2013, 12:35 AM
We have done a TON of terminators. Actually have two at the shop now that I am building and will be soon hitting the dyno. Both are built motors, complete fuel systems with kb blowers.

Bearded Banger
03-13-2013, 08:39 AM
TS is a great option. They do good work. Not sure what they charge. I would call and talk to Tim.

Grandpa
03-13-2013, 09:56 AM
TS is awesome BUT I have a feeling your issues are mechanical rather than a tune issue. You need to sort out the issues before adding another variable to the problems to troubleshoot otherwise you are going to be just chasing your tail. Trust me, I've been down that road before and it's not fun!

Bearden's issue thread - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/917987-disappointed-so-many-levels.html

Bearden86
03-13-2013, 10:11 AM
TS is awesome BUT I have a feeling your issues are mechanical rather than a tune issue. You need to sort out the issues before adding another variable to the problems to troubleshoot otherwise you are going to be just chasing your tail. Trust me, I've been down that road before and it's not fun!

Bearden's issue thread - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/917987-disappointed-so-many-levels.html

What makes you think there's something wrong with the car? I'm 99% sure the its the tune. The car runs fine now I drive it almost daily. It's just didn't make the power like It should have.

Bearden86
03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
We have done a TON of terminators. Actually have two at the shop now that I am building and will be soon hitting the dyno. Both are built motors, complete fuel systems with kb blowers.

What's your shops name?

Grandpa
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
What's your shops name?

Toby is one of the mechanics at TrueStreet. Solid guy who knows what he is talking about. :)

Bearden86
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Toby is one of the mechanics at TrueStreet. Solid guy who knows what he is talking about. :)

Gotcha. So what makes you think it's mechanical?

Grandpa
03-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Gotcha. So what makes you think it's mechanical?

From reading your thread with the information you have provided and also previous experience with a very similar situation. I could very well be wrong and it could be solely the tune especially considering where the tune came from. One thing is certain, something isn't adding up. I hope you get it worked out. :)

Bearden86
03-13-2013, 10:32 AM
From reading your thread with the information you have provided and also previous experience with a very similar situation. I could very well be wrong and it could be solely the tune especially considering where the tune came from. One thing is certain, something isn't adding up. I hope you get it worked out. :)

Well I'm hoping for the best I'm positive it's the tune, but I've been wrong before. Thanks!

Cabikejumper
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I will never go back to GearHeads or Dallas mustang. Ive heard great things about TS and HPP

Emwun Garand
03-29-2013, 10:52 PM
04sleeper ftmfw

Bearded Banger
03-30-2013, 12:37 AM
04sleeper ftmfw

X2 for sure

Austin@BA-Speed
03-31-2013, 06:26 PM
I know it wont help any but mine was tuned by JBA Speed Shop in San Diego, Ca, never had an issue and always made solid power. btw, what happend to that Stett shop over in Plano?

I also had my '08 shelby Gt500 tuned by Travis at Gearheads and never had an issue...

Justin@VMP
04-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Get those 80s out of there, way bigger than you need, stock injectors would be fine for a upper only car, especially with a BAP.

Austin@BA-Speed
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Get those 80s out of there, way bigger than you need, stock injectors would be fine for a upper only car, especially with a BAP.

Have you ever tuned with the injectors from T1 Racing over in Rowlett? The company that makes them is Injector Dynamics...

Grandpa
04-01-2013, 11:44 PM

Welcome, Justin!

aCid
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I have stock injectors if you need them. My Pile of shit just landed at TSM off the flatbed. Hopefully they'll be able to finish up my shitty work and get it running! :badger_1:

Toby
04-02-2013, 01:53 PM
I have stock injectors if you need them. My Pile of shit just landed at TSM off the flatbed. Hopefully they'll be able to finish up my shitty work and get it running! :badger_1:

Ill do my best..... :Wedgie:

OG Fox
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
I know it wont help any but mine was tuned by JBA Speed Shop in San Diego, Ca, never had an issue and always made solid power. btw, what happend to that Stett shop over in Plano?

I also had my '08 shelby Gt500 tuned by Travis at Gearheads and never had an issue...

they crawled back to their other shop in arizona. Couldn't handle the car seen here i think.