PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful out There

JDBishopArts
02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Wanted to tell y'all a little story to maybe make you think before driving too aggressively. Kinda long story but bear with me.

This morning on my way down 35 to downtown I already had 2 people cut me off. Not the usual "cut me off" which usually means pulled in front of me about 2 cars and I just have to slow down. The 2 people who cut me off almost took off my front bumper. So I was a little nervy already. Finally got a break so I got in the fast lane to accelerate. Not sooner than I did that some tard in a lunchbox scion came flying across two lanes and almost took off the front again. My temp was slowly boiling up. Not only did this idiot come flying out in front of me she proceeded to do 50 in the fast lane. The traffic slowly started separating in front of her. I can see this chick on her cell phone. We're in pretty heavy traffic surrounded us or I would have gone around. The middle lane was getting backed up so a dumpster truck (one with an actual dumpster on it) was able to change lanes to get into the fast lane in front of the scion. I had it. I get right up on the Scions rear bumper, hoping she'd start paying attention to her surroundings. She brake checks me. I lose it and start to ride her her bumper. She at least starts to go faster and I'm right there probably a foot from her bumper. I ride it for about 30 seconds before I think to myself, "what the heck am I doing. This is ridiculous" I back off. This is about the spot where the 635 traffic merges with the 35 traffic so there is that large open area in between. Not 5 seconds later I see the dumpster truck swerve and a bunch of cars start slamming on the brakes and swerving all over the place. Don't know if the truck hit the bumper or what happened but all I see is a front bumper go flying about 20 ft in the air. The Scion slams on the brakes but runs over it and it comes flying at me. I keep a pretty close eye on whats around me and I knew the car behind me was an 18 wheeler and there was no way it was going to be able to stop behind me. I swerve into the middle area doing about 50-55 lose control in the gravel stuff and the tail comes out around me. I correct it and it's not too bad so I try to power out of it. AdvanceTrac kills it (I was in sport mode) and kicks me back around so I have to re-correct. Car handles marvelously and I straighten out. It appears in my mirror the semi stops barely short of the scion. Would have turned me into a can. I thank my car, my suspension mods and the voice that told me to back off. I was shaking and I almost pee pee'd a little. lol

Long story short. I know a lot of us like to drive aggressively sometimes (me included). I'm sure most of us can control our cars at those speeds sometimes we can't control what is going on around us. Be safe first.

DirtyD
02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Glad you made it out of that unscathed, Josh.

Traffic can definitely be a piece of shit sometimes. Even after dealing with traffic and drivers here in DFW for 5 years, I am still stuck in my driving ways growing up in a small town in South Texas. It's just a different animal up here.

I've controlled myself better over the past year for sure though. But people still piss me off when they have no disregard for the safety of themselves when behind the wheel, much less other drivers.

This is why I wish it were legal to go mario kart style on some dumbasses and take them out with red shells or at least a couple of .22 rounds to the drive wheels.

Grandpa
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm glad to hear you made it out of the situation okay. People talking on their phones are a HUGE problem these days. I really hope it's outlawed soon. A lot of cars (like ours) come with bluetooth these and there is plenty of aftermarket options for hands free if one really needs it.

Courtesy Flush
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Traffic blows, good to hear you didn't wreck your ride.

TL : DR
Lil Bow Wow cut off JD in a scion. JD responded by drifting through traffic to obtain a Asian girls phone #.

Phuck Phace
02-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Pop a couple of rounds off next time.
A to the muthafuckin K!

JDBishopArts
02-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Lol it was one of those deals where I wish I had a H1 or diesel excursion to just push them off the road. I'm glad I took a deep breath and backed off or I'd probably be parting out my car. lol

Dan12GT
02-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Glad you and the Stang didn't get hurt :)

I hate this traffic too, lots of dumb people that are absolutely clueless. Cell phones will be outlawed soon while driving I guarantee.

blownaltered
02-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I personally like to talk on the phone, eat, write shit down and drive with my knee at the same time going down the highway. Well atleast now I have hands free so I'm not holding the phone with my shoulder anymore.

merlinmol
02-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Glad you made it out ok, good story as well. Have to keep that in mind next time I get frustrated.

Real
02-19-2013, 05:56 AM
Glad you're ok...first mistake was taking 35 in the morning though. Stick to Harry Hines. Trust me, I used to drive daily from Deep Ellum to Farmers Branch for 2 years until I moved. Much easier commute and only about 3-5 minutes slower even with the stop lights.