PDA

View Full Version : 2003-2004 cobra dealers

mavfan37
01-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Hey guys,

In the near future I may be interested in getting a '03-04 cobra. Do you guys know any dealers that are good to work with, give the best deals, and will mod the car the way I want it?

Not in any hurry at all, but just trying to get a few ideas together.

DirtyD
01-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Years back I went to a dyno day at gearheads in south Arlington. There was a guy there that had a dealer's license that bought and sold Terminators. They might still have that lead...

Emwun Garand
01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi End Auto in Appomattox VA
http://www.hi-endauto.com/

Those guys have a TON of nice Cobras, mild to modded, and from everyone who has dealth with them on SVTP, they are top notch in customer service.

Don't be afraid to ship a car if it's the one you really want. I found mine sitting in a garage all alone in North Carolina with a K&N Filter and Magnaflow catback, 18k miles.

Emwun Garand
01-29-2013, 10:41 PM
unf, just checked his inventory

2004 Competition Orange convertible with 7,700 miles. 1 of 72 made.

mavfan37
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
I wont be doing anything anytime soon, but i just want to get a few ideas of where to start looking. I really want a sonic blue vert w/ auto transmission. :)

Howle5b
01-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Was a automatic terminator even produced?

03MachMe
01-30-2013, 12:12 AM
^ no but tons of them have been swapped. There is a dealer here in Richardson that always has 5 or more. LA motors, 415 N Central, Richardson

BLK2012GT
01-30-2013, 04:23 AM
^ no but tons of them have been swapped. There is a dealer here in Richardson that always has 5 or more. LA motors, 415 N Central, Richardson

I always thought they were overpriced on all their vehicles.

mavfan37
01-30-2013, 04:48 AM
Yea I went on the website and looked around and they do seem about 5k overpriced.

aCid
01-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Want mine? LOL

GunsUp
01-30-2013, 12:30 PM

My experience with LA motorcars is they are swindlers.

Back in the 03/04 hay day they were taking caged/10 sec track cars and restoring them back to stock.

My buddie sold them his grey insert seats and they put them in a car that had Sparcos etc. WAYYYYY overpriced

11bangbang
01-30-2013, 07:58 PM
www.lamotorcars.com

brtnstrns
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
DAMN. They've got a lot of Cobras

Luke
02-01-2013, 03:50 PM
I sold my 03 about a year ago to LA Motorcars for pretty much what the going rate was, saw it on the internet for about 6k more than other Cobras with similar mileage. Better deals can definitely be found.

PLASMAN
02-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Hi End Auto in Appomattox VA
http://www.hi-endauto.com/

Those guys have a TON of nice Cobras, mild to modded, and from everyone who has dealth with them on SVTP, they are top notch in customer service.

Don't be afraid to ship a car if it's the one you really want. I found mine sitting in a garage all alone in North Carolina with a K&N Filter and Magnaflow catback, 18k miles.

I bought one from them many years ago and when I lived in NC they always had a good inventory both modded and stock. I would buy again from them.

Emwun Garand
02-02-2013, 06:50 PM
My Cobra came from NC. :D

Cabikejumper
02-03-2013, 10:57 PM
texas hot rides always has cobras

Grandpa
02-04-2013, 12:15 AM

My experience with LA motorcars is they are swindlers.

Back in the 03/04 hay day they were taking caged/10 sec track cars and restoring them back to stock.

My buddie sold them his grey insert seats and they put them in a car that had Sparcos etc. WAYYYYY overpriced

L.A Motorcars are crooks. The owner has a history. Stay away from them.

Cabikejumper
02-04-2013, 01:41 AM
I almost bought a GTO from LA Motor cars. They were dicks and I walked away and they gave me an attitude for 'wasting' their time. Even though I drove 2 hours to buy a gto that day. Ended up flying to ohio to get one.

I know texas hot rides always has cobras. But Ive heard good and bad reviews.

Eaglei532
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I bought my car from LA Motorcars. Its needed $6k in work, and has only been drivable for maybe 5 months of the 14 i've owned it. I have a personal relationship with the owner, but you can contact me for any info on the dealership or about the owner.

I think the terminator sales game is hard and very strange. The cars are modded and people want them, that makes them by nature unpredictable if you havent owned the car its entire life. I mean, people pay $22k all day at dealers for cars that go for $17 on P2P deals. Crazy.

Eaglei532
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I meant to add in that I learned a lot from the experience, both good and bad. I dont mind sharing. Steve has a lot of history with them also i believe

Stangmaster281
02-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I'm interested in finding some 03-04 cobra dealers too. Texas Hot Rides had some, but from what I've read they have mixed reviews. Anyone here ever purchased from them before?

03MachMe
02-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Didn't know anything about them just see the dealership every day. Didnt mean to start this lol

mavfan37
02-06-2013, 03:34 AM
I don't really know too much about the dealers around here or trust them. I might just go with Hi-End Auto and have them ship the vehicle to me. I have read a lot of reviews on them and they seem like the best cobra dealer overall. :)

Emwun Garand
02-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't really know too much about the dealers around here or trust them. I might just go with Hi-End Auto and have them ship the vehicle to me. I have read a lot of reviews on them and they seem like the best cobra dealer overall. :)

Good plan

Eaglei532
02-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm interested in finding some 03-04 cobra dealers too. Texas Hot Rides had some, but from what I've read they have mixed reviews. Anyone here ever purchased from them before?

Ive never bought a car from Texas Hot Rides, but I did have them lie to me. Long story short, a TR cobra they had in stock had 4 holes drilled into the trunk mat, it was so obvious that I could see the holes from the online pictures. Looked like nitrous to me so I emailed the guy to see. He said no it was not nitrous. I then went and saw the car in person and it had a brand new trunk mat and no nitrous plumbing. They guy once again told me that he personally got the car from a dealer and knew the entire history. I found the plumbing hole for the nitrous on the underside of the intake tube, they just left the hole there. I also found the line lock still intact underneath the car. I wouldn't buy a cobra from them, but thats just me. PS - the old trunk mat was out back in the dumpster, but they told me they didn't replace anything. :wtf:

Grandpa
02-06-2013, 03:41 PM
IMO, the best way to buy a clean Cobra is buy one from a private party that you can get the complete history of the car and take someone with you who knows Cobras really well like Kevin (04sleeper). Give someone like Kevin (who knows those cars better than most people) $100 bucks to go with you to completely check out the car and it could save you thousands down the road.