PDA

View Full Version : What wheels are these?! I want em.

STROKD
01-29-2013, 07:45 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e247/hilljae/242974-1.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e247/hilljae/242973-1.jpg

True Forged Mach 5?
or
What I think they are
IForged Aero

They are not HRE 545s, but they could be a different model I am unaware of... any other brands you can think of? They need to be on my dad's vert now.:jawdrop:

Midnight11
01-29-2013, 07:52 PM
looks like true forged

Grandpa
01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
You dont even have a car to put them on matt. Lol

STROKD
01-29-2013, 08:15 PM
You dont even have a car to put them on matt. Lol

I have 2 cars they fit. crazy ass.:smoke2:

dallasmike
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Iforged Aero.

STROKD
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Iforged Aero.

Thought so... can you see the center caps? The spokes look too narrow to be a TF or HRE imo.

Do you sell these? whats some 18x8.5 front and 10s in back cost, bout 4k?

Grandpa
01-30-2013, 12:21 AM
I have 2 cars they fit. crazy ass.:smoke2:

I swear you are car bi-polar. Can't make up your mind wtf you are gonna do. lol.

STROKD
01-30-2013, 12:27 AM
I swear you are car bi-polar. Can't make up your mind wtf you are gonna do. lol.

When did I say I was selling my 86 or not buying the 90?:hmm:

Grandpa
01-30-2013, 12:31 AM
When did I say I was selling my 86 or not buying the 90?:hmm:

Several times. You change your mind so much I can't keep it straight. Strokd, Vert, no Vert, Porsche, no Porsche, Dad's vette etc etc. Shut the fuck up and pick one already! lol.

STROKD
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Several times. You change your mind so much I can't keep it straight. Strokd, Vert, no Vert, Porsche, no Porsche, Dad's vette etc etc. Shut the fuck up and pick one already! lol.

um no, I havent ever said I was selling my 86 or not buying the vert. Just because I talk about one car in general doesnt mean the other's are off the table. Im not only about having/modding one car... Wife and I had 7 last year plus my dad's 6 to help him fix/finish/repair etc...

the Porsche isnt mine, I sold it to my dad but its here so I drive it... when it goes to Idaho the C6 will be here.

sorry if you got confused. ha

Grandpa
01-30-2013, 12:55 AM
um no, I havent ever said I was selling my 86 or not buying the vert. Just because I talk about one car in general doesnt mean the other's are off the table. Im not only about having/modding one car... Wife and I had 7 last year plus my dad's 6 to help him fix/finish/repair etc...

the Porsche isnt mine, I sold it to my dad but its here so I drive it... when it goes to Idaho the C6 will be here.

sorry if you got confused. ha

Any leads on a job yet?

STROKD
01-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Any leads on a job yet?

have an interview with a head hunter Thurs, and hoping for another interview to pan out here soon... at least Im getting some calls back this year, Nov/Dec last year was ghost town but I assume that with the holidays...

dallasmike
01-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Truth be told, both True Forged Wheels and Iforged wheels are cut in the same factory.

Example:
Iforged Illusion
http://www.iforged.com/us/images/wheels/zoom/sideIllusion.jpg

True Forged Apex
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa423/whitesidecustoms/Apex_zpse55ad9a1.jpg

dallasmike
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Thought so... can you see the center caps? The spokes look too narrow to be a TF or HRE imo.

Do you sell these? whats some 18x8.5 front and 10s in back cost, bout 4k?

I do sell them. You'd be in the 3500 range for a set depending on finishes.

STROKD
01-30-2013, 03:58 PM
I do sell them. You'd be in the 3500 range for a set depending on finishes.

And TF would be what, half that? No point gettin IF's no one knows what they r anyway. TFs look nearly identical but I think the spokes are a tad wider.

dallasmike
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
And TF would be what, half that? No point gettin IF's no one knows what they r anyway. TFs look nearly identical but I think the spokes are a tad wider.`

I honestly have no clue what True Forged sells for. I had never even heard of the brand until I heard Steve talk about them. Iforged has been in the Industry now since 2001. Maybe a bit longer. They're the parent brand to Forgestar wheels.

Grandpa
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
And TF would be what, half that? No point gettin IF's no one knows what they r anyway. TFs look nearly identical but I think the spokes are a tad wider.

It's true, TF and Iforged wheels are made in the same factory. TF's are the same great quality wheel for a much better price. IForged spends a TON more on marketing than TF does which is a reflection of the cost differences. TF is mainly a few boards, word of mouth and magazine cars.

18 inch TF wheels start around 2300 or so and go up depending on size and options. They are truely a custom wheel and can be made to fit any application. If you keep an eye on TF's forum on SVTP, Steve frequently sells sets at a discount that other customers didn't pick up or could pay for after ordering them. :)

You should talk to Kevin about TF pricing. ;)

STROKD
01-30-2013, 06:28 PM
It's true, TF and Iforged wheels are made in the same factory. TF's are the same great quality wheel for a much better price. IForged spends a TON more on marketing than TF does which is a reflection of the cost differences. TF is mainly a few boards, word of mouth and magazine cars.

18 inch TF wheels start around 2300 or so and go up depending on size and options. They are truely a custom wheel and can be made to fit any application. If you keep an eye on TF's forum on SVTP, Steve frequently sells sets at a discount that other customers didn't pick up or could pay for after ordering them. :)

You should talk to Kevin about TF pricing. ;)great info... yea problem is RARELY a Fox fittment, usually a new car fittment, but I will keep my eye out for sure. I like the ones in the picture, all shiney. The car looks sick with chrome rims, so Id like to stay with chrome or very high polish with a clear coat...

dallasmike
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Just my opinion on the matter so take it for what it's worth but I really don't like putting Iforged wheels or the like on performance cars. They really go after the bling factor instead of trying to build the strongest lightest wheel they can.

For performance cars I like Forgeline or some of the flow formed wheel offerings. I've been doing custom wheel fitments for over a decade and have seen every single wheel out there practically. I'm EXTREMELY picky when it comes to wheels. The reason most wheel companies have a 6-8 week lead time for custom wheels is b/c they're all cut in the same place so get in line. I like companies that cut their own wheels which are few and far between.