PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motor Speedway Drag Nights

NoSlowGT
01-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Hey guys, didn't know if anybody here went to the Drag Nights at TMS this past summer? I went a few times and it was a blast. Obviously they aren't running right now cause of the weather, but I'm sure they will start back up in May.

There were a few black 5.0's draggin some SS's all summer so I didn't know if anybody on here was one of the guys puttin a hurting on the bowtie boys?

BLK2012GT
01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Oh I will be for sure this year.

Grandpa
01-23-2013, 11:45 PM
We have to make a group function with something like this. Would be a good time.

BLK2012GT
01-23-2013, 11:47 PM
X2.

Bearded Banger
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
We have to make a group function with something like this. Would be a good time.

I'm in!!!

NoSlowGT
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
Honestly, I think it's better than Sanger. Yes, its only a 1/8 mile and they don't record your time, but they run the cars back to back so you're not waiting 5 minutes between each race, and the guy that picks the races lines up the cars everybody wants to see; aka ZL1 vs GT500, 5.0 vs SS. Plus, if you're not racing you can watch and drink beer (coolers welcome).

Also, if you go early, you can pay $20 and drive around the actual track, which is pretty cool if you've never done it!

BLK2012GT
01-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Hell yeah its like in that gay movie fast and furious. RACE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fuckyea:

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 12:04 AM
I went in 2011, when slow6 had a running car (before the motor blew and the turbo build started) and I plan on making it back out there this summer.

NoSlowGT
01-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Hell yeah its like in that gay movie fast and furious. RACE WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fuckyea:

LMAO kinda similar, but no fools runnin Honda '2000s

03MachMe
01-24-2013, 12:30 AM
I would try and make it if I can get a. Sat off lol

downtime!
01-24-2013, 12:37 AM
Hell, I'd even make this one. It's even on my side of town.

Midnight11
01-24-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm down!!

SS KLLR
01-24-2013, 01:37 AM
My specialty. I'm down!!

merlinmol
01-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Missed out on the last one, hopefully I can make it out to the next

BLK2012GT
01-24-2013, 04:51 AM
Yeah I'm in.

unreal
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Sounds great. Track here is normally run from 11-2 at night and if you are lucky you get 3 runs. Most of the time you get 1-2 runs.

Luke
01-24-2013, 10:25 AM
For those of you that have been, is this worth it considering it costs more and Northstar is right down the road?

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
For those of you that have been, is this worth it considering it costs more and Northstar is right down the road?
There is a car show you can be a part of, you get to make a lap around the track between warmups and the actual races starting, and they also have a points series, so you can eventually win a trophy and I think a small goodie bag of sorts. I think so. Lots of people come out.

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Been several times for the past couple years.

Its armdrop style racing on an unprepped surface for $20.
Practice is from 6-8pm
Once the event starts at 8:30 everyone is grouped up according to modifications and vehicle style from tuner to outlaw.
If you jump you are disqualified.
If you lose a race you can buy back in for $10
If you lose the following race thereafter you cant race any longer.

Ive made it to the semi finals and ive lost the first race in the sportman division. Traction is a problem. Thinking you're gonna run a radial or a slick? Think again. The officials will bump you in a higher division for just tire. My experience is most of the GM guys are not truthful about their mods in order to gain the upper hand.

Ive gotten lots of video and pics from the past few years, but to avail at the moment.
60% of the cars on this site with be grouped in the sportman division and heres the typical competition for those interested. A few of these vettes can 60' on street tires and do so consistently.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7749079338_4133935d84_b.jpg

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Been several times for the past couple years.

Its armdrop style racing on an unprepped surface for $20.
Practice is from 6-8pm
Once the event starts at 8:30 everyone is grouped up according to modifications and vehicle style from tuner to outlaw.
If you jump you are disqualified.
If you lose a race you can buy back in for $10
If you lose the following race thereafter you cant race any longer.

Ive made it to the semi finals and ive lost the first race in the sportman division. Traction is a problem. Thinking you're gonna run a radial or a slick? Think again. The officials will bump you in a higher division for just tire. My experience is most of the GM guys are not truthful about their mods in order to gain the upper hand.

Ive gotten lots of video and pics from the past few years, but to avail at the moment.
60% of the cars on this site with be grouped in the sportman division and heres the typical competition for those interested. A few of these vettes can 60' on street tires and do so consistently.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7749079338_4133935d84_b.jpg
That's why you get as many practice runs as you can if you know you will eliminated quickly. LOL

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2013, 12:40 PM
That's why you get as many practice runs as you can if you know you will eliminated quickly. LOL

Very True. I like the competition, but sometimes the cheaters out there ruin the fun for others.

For example. White SS camaro that won the Sportman last year.
As you know sportsman is pretty basic bolt on NA 8 cylinder class.
Ran him many times and he always had this edge on me in the higher rpms.
Said his car was tune, exhaust, intake.....
This dude was embarrassing same year camaros with the same mods.
Found a thread from earlier that year outlining an ADM Performance built motor that was put in that car.

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 12:43 PM
Very True. I like the competition, but sometimes the cheaters out there ruin the fun for others.

For example. White SS camaro that won the Sportman last year.
As you know sportsman is pretty basic bolt on NA 8 cylinder class.
Ran him many times and he always had this edge on me in the higher rpms.
Said his car was tune, exhaust, intake.....
This dude was embarrassing same year camaros with the same mods.
Found a thread from earlier that year outlining an ADM Performance built motor that was put in that car.
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2013, 12:56 PM
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...

The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.
If we get a big number of DFW5.0 members to come out, it might turn out to be fun. Lots of people will be gunning for us though. Maybe we can somehow pass Jeff off as still stock after his motor gets finished...the cams aren't too lopey I heard. :D

Grandpa
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
We could also talk to the them about giving us our own grudge class to race eachother if we get enough members to go.

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2013, 01:08 PM
We could also talk to the them about giving us our own grudge class to race eachother if we get enough members to go.

I was thinking an announcement of the forum followed by 3-5 laps around the track by forum members.

Grandpa
01-24-2013, 01:10 PM
I was thinking an announcement of the forum followed by 3-5 laps around the track by forum members.

LOL..not sure if serious...

I figured we'd have a group go to Texas Laps For Charity, but that isn't until September.

DirtyD
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey, I'm down. :Get him!:

I figured we'd have a group go to Texas Laps For Charity, but that isn't until September.
LOL. David would be all over that. Why? Because race car! :win:

I'm sure slow6 will want to go back out there and want to rape from Camaros and 5.0s.

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2013, 01:20 PM

lol i joke, but seriously ive seen North Texas Mustang Club do it at the events so why couldnt another group?

03MachMe
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM

Was wanting to do that. Did it 3 times in the mach but want to do it in the '13

Joey289
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
I have been wanting to do the laps for charity in my 65 now that I have a transmission in it that I can cruise faster than 65 mph for extended periods of time (4:30 gears lol).

brtnstrns
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for updates on this. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Especially now since I've got a decent car that will hopefully be running/driving properly in the next couple months.

Dark Pony
01-25-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm down like four flat tires

Slow6
01-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Ill be out there this year if the car is finished. My issue not last year but the year before was the dumbass class arrangement. I had a basicly stock car with a procharger and I was thrown into the top teir class with full drag cars. I made a show of it but had my ass handed to me by the big boys. Traction is the biggest problem out there. The practice time is when you do the grudge racing. I was running some fast cars and beating them in practice but never got the run them in a race. Ill need to cover up the blowoff noise somehow and then I can run in a lower class and do good, or Ill need slicks to stay in the outlaw class.

Courtesy Flush
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Ill be out there this year if the car is finished. My issue not last year but the year before was the dumbass class arrangement. I had a basicly stock car with a procharger and I was thrown into the top teir class with full drag cars. I made a show of it but had my ass handed to me by the big boys. Traction is the biggest problem out there. The practice time is when you do the grudge racing. I was running some fast cars and beating them in practice but never got the run them in a race. Ill need to cover up the blowoff noise somehow and then I can run in a lower class and do good, or Ill need slicks to stay in the outlaw class.

Did you happen to do the show and shine thingy as well?

DirtyD
01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
You don't want to race that black TurboS again!?!? :lol:

Slow6
01-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah I did do the show and shine each time. Kinda a waste of money but whatever. I got kicked off the track, when you get to drive around the oval, because another car and I stopped on the back stretch and raced to about 140 then hit turn three and four at 120+. I had a small drift out of the middle of turn four that I thought was pretty cool but the track guys didnt think was. I still got to drag race that night but they didnt let me stay on the front stretch during the show. lol

Slow6
01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
You don't want to race that black TurboS again!?!? :lol:

That damn car was quick. I remember beating him once but thats was it. At the end of the track that guy had me by a few lengths. The skyline was fun to race but the CTS-V was actually not that fast for the power he was putting down.

Courtesy Flush
01-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah I did do the show and shine each time. Kinda a waste of money but whatever. I got kicked off the track, when you get to drive around the oval, because another car and I stopped on the back stretch and raced to about 140 then hit turn three and four at 120+. I had a small drift out of the middle of turn four that I thought was pretty cool but the track guys didnt think was. I still got to drag race that night but they didnt let me stay on the front stretch during the show. lol

Yeah, i remember your car. During the drive around i recall you downshifting and doing short WOT bursts and generally revving the piss out of your motor. Im sure the spin out was the icing on the cake.

Grandpa
01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
The turbo Porsche's are seriously under appreciated how fast those cars can be on the street. They dead hook and have some serious top end with very little mods.

Slow6
01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah, i remember your car. During the drive around i recall you downshifting and doing short WOT bursts and generally revving the piss out of your motor. Im sure the spin out was the icing on the cake.

I wouldnt say I revved the piss out of the motor but I liked making noise with the Procharger.

Courtesy Flush
01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
iTUsqpCP4mE

a clip from the races last year
Im the 12 white 5.0

Slow 6-Don't take it the wrong way, but i have hard time believing you did any work on that turbo s. Maybe in practice, but that car made it the dictionary that night under examples of Rape.

Slow6
01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
The turbo Porsche's are seriously under appreciated how fast those cars can be on the street. They dead hook and have some serious top end with very little mods.

Yeah I think this one was stock but the guy could drive. He was cool about going again and again and again. lol

Slow6
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
iTUsqpCP4mE

Im the 12 white 5.0

Slow 6-Don't take it the wrong way, but i have hard time believing you did any work on that turbo s. Maybe in practice, but that car made it the dictionary that night under examples of Rape.

Off the line through second we were dead even and then on the third shift he started pulling hard. In a 1/4 mile race he would have beat me by bus lengths. it was a very impressive car. But at that time I was only running 430rwhp. Not the 550rwhp on the E85 tune. I think I could have beat him pretty good on the E85 tune.

Courtesy Flush
01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Off the line through second we were dead even and then on the third shift he started pulling hard. In a 1/4 mile race he would have beat me by bus lengths. it was a very impressive car. But at that time I was only running 430rwhp. Not the 550rwhp on the E85 tune. I think I could have beat him pretty good on the E85 tune.

Another 120hp is cool but, you need a slick.

SZyWuHn9ZtA

DirtyD
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
iTUsqpCP4mE

Im the 12 white 5.0

I remember that black C5 vette from '11. That car was the only one that gave te TurboS any competition, and it still got it's but handed to it. I think he was a built motor with NOS or something along those lines. Fast car though. The Hennesy CST-V coupe wasn't that impressive from what I remember.

That CJ straight raped that Camaro in the first race of the video! And the Camaro even had a good car lenght start. haha

Slow6
01-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I was running 275 Conti DWS then and they were a horrible tire to launch on. Straight line traction has always been my issue in this car. My car is setup for roadcourse so a slick still wouldnt solve my traction issue. I would need to replace the suspention also. But I dont drag race so im not really all that worried about it. Hopefully with the boost controller I can dial in traction and control it better. But we'll see.

Courtesy Flush
01-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I remember that black C5 vette from '11. That car was the only one that gave te TurboS any competition, and it still got it's but handed to it. I think he was a built motor with NOS or something along those lines. Fast car though. The Hennesy CST-V coupe wasn't that impressive from what I remember.

That CJ straight raped that Camaro in the first race of the video! And the Camaro even had a good car lenght start. haha

They disqualified that CJ for jumping in that first race. He wasnt upset since the alternator went out after that run.

DirtyD
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
They disqualified that CJ for jumping in that first race. He wasnt upset since the alternator went out after that run.
LOL. That blows. He could've easily walked away with that entire night.

NoSlowGT
02-14-2013, 01:32 PM
This starts June 14th btw.

DirtyD
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Sweet! Time to start practicing. haha

blownaltered
02-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Might go just to watch but I don't think I will race

Courtesy Flush
02-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Might go just to watch but I don't think I will race

Im with you on this.

Hot as fawk down on the track waiting your turn to run.
Ill drink instead.

blownaltered
02-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Im with you on this.

Ill drink instead.

:happy160:

That sounds like a good plan. Are you allowed to bring in a cooler or do you have to buy it there?

JDBishopArts
02-14-2013, 05:34 PM
I miss my old Subaru. Diff lock it, blip the revs up, ease the clutch up an inch then drop it and stomp on the gas. Easy 1.4-1.6 60' all day. About rip your stomach out too.

Courtesy Flush
02-14-2013, 05:58 PM
:happy160:

That sounds like a good plan. Are you allowed to bring in a cooler or do you have to buy it there?

Coolers are allowed, cans or plastic bottles only. no glass.

Phuck Phace
02-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Im with you on this.

Ill drink instead.

awe yeah

BeastStang1302
02-15-2013, 12:42 AM

Be pretty cool if we could be bout 20 to 30 deep to roll out there.

NoSlowGT
02-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Be pretty cool if we could be bout 20 to 30 deep to roll out there.

I'm down. Last time I went I drove around the track but didn't race. Would be really cool if they would let just our group go around the track. That way we don't have any slow pokes with us lol.

BLK2012GT
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Yea lets race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll beat everyone.:hump:

Stangmaster281
02-16-2013, 12:19 AM
Yea lets race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll beat everyone.:hump:

Hopefully your car will be ready by then. :ROFLJest:

Phuck Phace
02-16-2013, 12:35 AM
I'll beat everyone.:hump:

...off

Grandpa
02-16-2013, 04:00 AM

Don't hold your breath..

I finger fucked his new heads today though.

BLK2012GT
02-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Don't hold your breath..

I finger fucked his new heads today though.

They look pretty good don't they?

BLK2012GT
02-16-2013, 09:50 AM

I highly doubt it will. :(

Grandpa
02-16-2013, 01:30 PM
They look pretty good don't they?

They really do. Real nice clean ports, no sharp edges. Very well done. They should flow really nice.

BeastStang1302
06-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Are we still gonna try roll out deep for this? Just noticed its coming up next week

Luke
06-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Are we still gonna try roll out deep for this? Just noticed its coming up next week

I think I read somewhere the price has gone down too

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM

Next week as in this Friday? Or June 15th

Rebelracer568
06-04-2013, 08:20 AM
I may come out to this again this year. I won the championship in outlaw the first year in my 66 mustang, but I have not been back due to the way the event is ran. Last year I made an appearance and watched the race and found several cars in the sportsman class with built motor and heavily cammed. Yet there racing bone stock cars or cars with just bolt ons. They do not thoroughly check out yours. All you do is write all your mods on a piece of paper and they take your word on it. If anyone has any questions ask me I'm good friends with the head tech guys for drag and brag and can get all your questions answered before the event.
Michael

BeastStang1302
06-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Next week as in this Friday? Or June 15th

next Friday the 14th

DirtyD
06-04-2013, 09:33 AM
next Friday the 14th
Sorry, I was off by a day.

I will try and make it out there. Want to see how it goes.

Courtesy Flush
06-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I may come out to this again this year. I won the championship in outlaw the first year in my 66 mustang, but I have not been back due to the way the event is ran. Last year I made an appearance and watched the race and found several cars in the sportsman class with built motor and heavily cammed. Yet there racing bone stock cars or cars with just bolt ons. They do not thoroughly check out yours. All you do is write all your mods on a piece of paper and they take your word on it. If anyone has any questions ask me I'm good friends with the head tech guys for drag and brag and can get all your questions answered before the event.
Michael

As someone who has run in the sportsman class for 3 years i cant help but agree with this post. To me its not about the price to enter but the class match ups suck. You would think having officials and tech present at these events, there would be a little more car analysis in who's got what done.

BeastStang1302
06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
As someone who has run in the sportsman class for 3 years i cant help but agree with this post. To me its not about the price to enter but the class match ups suck. You would think having officials and tech present at these events, there would be a little more car analysis in who's got what done.

Yea, I heard this from a couple of people, but I just plan watching honestly and see if I can drive my car around the oval (which I think I heard someone mention that they would let you do that on these nights)

Courtesy Flush
06-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Yea, I heard this from a couple of people, but I just plan watching honestly and see if I can drive my car around the oval (which I think I heard someone mention that they would let you do that on these nights)

If you are part of the show n shine thing you get to do the oval just before they start the drag racing.

Midnight11
06-10-2013, 12:16 AM
who is going to this? i wanna go!

Grandpa
06-10-2013, 12:38 AM
I'd go if a group was going and I will hang out, no racing for me though. Otherwise I'll stick to the Friday night meet.

Midnight11
06-10-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm down if there is a group too

DirtyD
06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm down to go. Have to run home and take care of Tucker after work though, so I likely won't make it there until 7ish with crappy ass traffic on 35W NB...

BeastStang1302
06-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I'll be there

Toby
06-10-2013, 03:30 PM
What time does this start? I may try and make it out although I won't be there till 8 ish

DirtyD
06-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Gates open at 6

Midnight11
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Is this 1/8 or 1/4

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:20 PM
1/8th

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/upcoming-events/2013/02/09/friday-night-drags-presented-by-scion

looks like drag radials are now allowed in sportsman.

DirtyD
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
1/8th

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/upcoming-events/2013/02/09/friday-night-drags-presented-by-scion

looks like drag radials are now allowed in sportsman.
Oh shiz. That may finally solve some of the traction issues people are having.

Midnight11
06-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Last question, does engine modifications mean internal right? So I would be sportsman

Grandpa
06-10-2013, 05:28 PM
I'll check back with this thread on Thursday to see who is actually going. lol.

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Oh shiz. That may finally solve some of the traction issues people are having.

right! Ill be on the hankooks unfortunatly

Last question, does engine modifications mean internal right? So I would be sportsman

Yes internal. If the mods in your sig are current you would be sportsman.

DirtyD
06-10-2013, 05:30 PM
That is exactly what I was about to type. The way it sounds, anyone with a stock sealed motor should be sportsman. That's what the hoopla was last couple years about Camaro guys running quiet cams, heads, and other actual engine upgrades were stuck in sportsman.

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:33 PM
If possible get there between 5-6 and go through tech. They will have practice runs going on and you can line up with whomever.

Im off Friday so ill be out giving the vettes in sportsman hell again this year.

Doug1227
06-10-2013, 05:40 PM
You can't really hear my KB whine can you?

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:44 PM
That is exactly what I was about to type. The way it sounds, anyone with a stock sealed motor should be sportsman. That's what the hoopla was last couple years about Camaro guys running quiet cams, heads, and other actual engine upgrades were stuck in sportsman.

Same usual suspects will be out again id assume. They tend to use the "rung what ya brung" when confronted lol

Im there for some fun and grudge racing.

Midnight11
06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
If possible get there between 5-6 and go through tech. They will have practice runs going on and you can line up with whomever.

Im off Friday so ill be out giving the vettes in sportsman hell again this year.

Thanks! And cool ill meet you out there

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:50 PM
You can't really hear my KB whine can you?

hahaha

You coming out Doug?

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks! And cool ill meet you out there

No problem, ill be there. Cars a white 12 on silver drifts.

You will need a helmet or you can rent one there. I suggest bringing your own though.

Doug1227
06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Nah! I'm too worried about some no-driving Corvette owner hitting me! LOL!

hahaha

You coming out Doug?

46Tbird
06-10-2013, 06:30 PM
No problem, ill be there. Cars a white 12 on silver drifts.
Oh, that's your car. I saw it out at C&C this weekend. I thought you had the 19" premium wheels on yours, at least that's what I think it had when you mentioned seeing me on Rufe Snow. I'll say hi next time.

No timeslips pretty much makes it a waste of time, especially in the heat. I might make it out to watch if a group ends up going.

JDMLOL
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM
What's the entry fee to watch? Will there be a spot to park near dfw50 guys running, even if I don't?

DirtyD
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
You can park on the infield for $20. Racing is $20 and spectator outside parking is $7

JDMLOL
06-10-2013, 07:44 PM
You can park on the infield for $20. Racing is $20 and spectator outside parking is $7

Awesome.

Courtesy Flush
06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh, that's your car. I saw it out at C&C this weekend. I thought you had the 19" premium wheels on yours, at least that's what I think it had when you mentioned seeing me on Rufe Snow. I'll say hi next time.

No timeslips pretty much makes it a waste of time, especially in the heat. I might make it out to watch if a group ends up going.

Yeah that's me. I put the wheels on 2-3 months ago. I saw your car further down but didn't see anyone by it.

You're right and I agree, but every time I go I have a good time.

fordplay
06-11-2013, 07:33 AM
Courtesy flush that white camaro is from camaro5 his screen name is Sasquatch 1984 he is running headers, cam, heads, exhaust, cai, tune, and gears, I have his posts from when he was bragging about running the stock cars, a bunch of guys turned him in last year and the officials did nothing, the track is Chevy sponsored so... but yeah he is 100% cheating.. can only run a 12.1 with all that mods.. so its still pretty sad

Courtesy Flush
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Courtesy flush that white camaro is from camaro5 his screen name is Sasquatch 1984 he is running headers, cam, heads, exhaust, cai, tune, and gears, I have his posts from when he was bragging about running the stock cars, a bunch of guys turned him in last year and the officials did nothing, the track is Chevy sponsored so... but yeah he is 100% cheating.. can only run a 12.1 with all that mods.. so its still pretty sad

Michael Lewis. ADM did the work
I know the car.

He won the division last year for sportman in his "bolt on" 5th gen.
That divsion included bolt on,tuned c6's and no one batted an eye.

Isaac Newton is rolling in his grave.

DirtyD
06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Let's put that mutha in the grass! Not the wall though, just the grass where he gets stuck. And loses

Midnight11
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Let's put that mutha in the grass! Not the wall though, just the grass where he gets stuck. And loses

or i can just put my bottle on since its hidden :D

Grandpa
06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
or i can just put my bottle on since its hidden :D

Kinda defeats the purpose if you are talking about it in an open forum, isn't it? lol.

DirtyD
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Kinda defeats the purpose if you are talking about it in an open forum, isn't it? lol.
That guy did the same thing posting abotu his mods on a forum.

Midnight11
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM

im obviously joking...

Grandpa
06-11-2013, 10:50 AM
im obviously joking...

Or maybe not.. :poker:

Courtesy Flush
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Or maybe not.. :poker:

Why dont you come out steve? Show us how its done and out drive him.

fordplay
06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah I spoke with him online and one of his camaro brothers turned him in to the tech judges, they did nothing.. I get running the stock class with a cai. And tune.. but gears, headers, cam ... etc..

Midnight11
06-11-2013, 10:54 AM

ill place some bets but steve doesnt do well when the pressure is on him :D

Grandpa
06-11-2013, 11:05 AM

My car is going up for sale soon. No racing for me.

ill place some bets but steve doesnt do well when the pressure is on him :D

It's funny, you don't know track etiquette, rush to the bulbs but yet I'm not good under pressure as a result? lmao.

I've been competing in a sport for a long time where there is a lot of specators in the stands watching me fight. Pressure is hardly anything new to me. lol.

Courtesy Flush
06-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Yeah I spoke with him online and one of his camaro brothers turned him in to the tech judges, they did nothing.. I get running the stock class with a cai. And tune.. but gears, headers, cam ... etc..

Have you run out there in previous years?
If so what car?

46Tbird
06-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Have you run out there in previous years?
If so what car?

Sounds like he's been out there before. Even his intro thread mentions it... and the evil villain sasquash1984!

http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1581

Doug1227
06-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Do you get to do any kind of burnout?

Courtesy Flush
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Sounds like he's been out there before. Even his intro thread mentions it... and the evil villain sasquash1984!

http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1581

hahaha
Ford Play is definitely holding some sour feelings towards this guy.

Do you get to do any kind of burnout?

Yes they will have a burnout area just before you line up.

fordplay
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
The first couple of years I was running an svt focus. Last couple have been my 2011 mustang.. I'll be at the grapevine meet and greet. 2011 sterling grey, gt premium, glass roof, brembo pkg, hood scoop, brake scoops, side window louvers.. as for the camaro I hate cheaters and liars. He's both. I get even modded its slow as shit but fing man up when called out.. the z06 running nitrous admitted it.. still got owned by the cts-v but admitted it..

46Tbird
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
I would hate to own a shop that put out a modded-to-hell Camaro that runs a 12.1.

Courtesy Flush
06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
The first couple of years I was running an svt focus. Last couple have been my 2011 mustang.. I'll be at the grapevine meet and greet. 2011 sterling grey, gt premium, glass roof, brembo pkg, hood scoop, brake scoops, side window louvers.. as for the camaro I hate cheaters and liars. He's both. I get even modded its slow as shit but fing man up when called out.. the z06 running nitrous admitted it.. still got owned by the cts-v but admitted it..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5489557&postcount=12

heads done to 10.9:1, only thing stock on that motor is pistons.

If guys wants to cheat...let him. Nothing you can do, its embarrassing enough to drive a 500HP car that can only muster 7.9 1/8ths. We have stock cars around here running those times.

DirtyD
06-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Nic SHOULD even be faster than that. With much more seat time of course (not knocking you at all, just saying)

Luke
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Nic SHOULD even be faster than that. With much more seat time of course (not knocking you at all, just saying)

Pretty sure my wife can drive a car with Nic's mods faster than a 7.9, probably texting while doing it

46Tbird
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Enough to drive a 500HP car that can only muster 7.9 1/8ths. We have stock cars around here running those times.

Yes we do, lol. :headbang:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a274/46Tbird/2012%20GT/SANY0489.jpg

NoSlowGT
06-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I'll definitely be there tomorrow night. Won't be in the Shelby though. Just going to watch. I'll be the drunk guy talking shit to the camaro guys :favorites13:

Midnight11
06-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Pretty sure my wife can drive a car with Nic's mods faster than a 7.9, probably texting while doing it

Cool I'm pretty sure my 90 year old grandma can drive you car too

Luke
06-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Cool I'm pretty sure my 90 year old grandma can drive you car too

Touche :snoopfacepalm:

And that wasn't a knock at you, just saying the mods you have

Midnight11
06-13-2013, 11:53 PM
Well okay I took it as a knock bc I'm tired of people always saying shit. I've dragged race 3 times and have gotten better every time. My slammed stance kills me and I'm just too lazy to change it lol

Luke
06-14-2013, 12:00 AM
I kind of figured you did, that's why I mentioned it. No offense man, I was just referring to the power your car makes and was being a smartass. Once you get the burnout and 60' down I'm sure your times will get a lot better.

DirtyD
06-14-2013, 02:05 AM
I need to get a helmet tomorrow....

BeastStang1302
06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
How late does this go on til?

DirtyD
06-14-2013, 11:22 PM
We are still here, about to make the second pass. It will go until at least 11-11:15 tonight

BeastStang1302
06-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Coo, ran into traffic on 114. I'll just see you all the meet tomorrow

DirtyD
06-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Nic and I left. I lost the Courtesy Flush on round two of the buybacks. Beat a 08 challenger by a buses, and got taken up top by about a car or so by a worked over TT 300ZX.

I had tons of fun and will definitely be back!

Courtesy Flush
06-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Made it to the finals. Lost to the Tesla model S.
I kept getting my hopes up about him running out of batteries.

Got some videos to upload as well.

DirtyD
06-15-2013, 02:58 AM
Made it to the finals. Lost to the Tesla model S.
I kept getting my hopes up about him running out of batteries.

Got some videos to upload as well.
Badass man! I definitely need to get a real tune and a few other goodies.

I wish I could have hung around, but I had to get home to the dog. That was a good run we had going...until I didn't quite put it in 3rd. :lol:

NoSlowGT
06-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I think that Tesla surprised everybody. Those things are so damn quick I almost felt bad for the guys that were racing him lol.

DirtyD
06-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I think that Tesla surprised everybody. Those things are so damn quick I almost felt bad for the guys that were racing him lol.

I know! That shit was insane!!

Paul just told me that y'all were there last night. I would've come said hey if I had known that.

Get him to join over here. Stop dealing with Chris. Haha

Rforbes
06-17-2013, 08:16 AM
It is a great atmosphere out there but it is just near impossible for me to get any kind of traction even with drag radials. I go to the second round in the outlaw before spinning them half way down the track. I wish they would hold this at Northstar or something. Still a lot of cool cars. The Tesla was bad.

sasquash1984
06-17-2013, 09:35 AM
hey guys hows it going

Grandpa
06-17-2013, 09:42 AM
hey guys hows it going

Welcome to the board. Please make a newbie thread in the intro forum. :)

sasquash1984
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
in a bit, how far did that tesla get friday

Midnight11
06-17-2013, 09:49 AM
in a bit, how far did that tesla get friday

i think it won

sasquash1984
06-17-2013, 10:08 AM
thats crazy, i have seen them run 12.3 in the 1/4

sasquash1984
06-17-2013, 10:10 AM
did yal watch the lucas gtr verus the suburu that was bad

Midnight11
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
yes the sti killed that gtr

fordplay
06-18-2013, 07:44 AM
1984 I saw you jumped up a class to outlaw.. you have my respect back ... ahhh kinda anyway.. ha ha. So who is going back Friday? I'll be there. I want to see a special class, everyone vs the diesel JR towing truck!!!

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 07:54 AM
1984 I saw you jumped up a class to outlaw.. you have my respect back ... ahhh kinda anyway.. ha ha. So who is going back Friday? I'll be there. I want to see a special class, everyone vs the diesel JR towing truck!!!

I wanted to see that truck run. It probably would stop the earth if it could get traction.

sasquash1984
06-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Naw I'm running super car

fordplay
06-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Oh. OK well I wish you luck in that class sir.
Dirty you didn't see it... that truck is ridiculous awesome

sasquash1984
06-18-2013, 12:38 PM
Trust me I have my work cut out for me between the 2 gtrs the 89 fox body who went to the finals and that 750 hp zl1 that I almost beat and the blue camaro half of the class will beat me but it stills fun

Slow Five-O
06-18-2013, 12:53 PM
How fast are these cars running? Is the track prepped and does it hook?

sasquash1984
06-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Each class varies I usually get to 93 at the end, it's not a true 1/8 mile non prepped just asphalt. I heard 1 car in Sportsman is running 101 mph lol

DirtyD
06-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Each class varies I usually get to 93 at the end, it's not a true 1/8 mile non prepped just asphalt. I heard 1 car in Sportsman is running 101 mph lol

Maybe that Tesla. Haha

But seriously, that is hauling ass in 1/8 for the rules they have laid out. Most of the sportsman class should be around 90 trap on 1/8, maybe a little more.

fordplay
06-19-2013, 07:33 AM
So who is going Friday, I'm still questioning the Tesla in the v8 class...

sasquash1984
06-19-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm going again

Courtesy Flush
06-19-2013, 09:43 AM
So who is going Friday, I'm still questioning the Tesla in the v8 class...

Its fair, especially considering he loses power as the battery drains.
Since the cars are fairly new, there is no perfect class.

Problem is he hits full power out of the gate, whereas we have to build rpm to get to full power. He said he spins, but its minimal.

Midnight11
06-19-2013, 10:51 AM
if we get a good group going i might

Smurf50
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
I am tempted to go since I actually have a Friday free :) I haven't run the car, and it would be nice to get some baseline launches in!

DirtyD
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
I probably won't be there this week. I'll spectate next week though. Going to definitely go again the night before the Dyno day at Brooks, and then again that following week.

I should have my tune ready by then. :D

01BeansGt
06-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Are et streets allowed in the super car class?. I consider them drag radials, even tho they look like slicks.

sasquash1984
06-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Yes they allow drag radials in all classes now, only outlaw allows slicks still

01BeansGt
06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks. I just didn't want them thinking my drags were slicks. See you there man!

sasquash1984
06-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Who wants to do practice runs tonight before the show, imma try and be there by 6 hopefully

DirtyD
06-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I won't be there. Probably try and come out next week though. I can't make it until like 7:30 however.

5PointSlow
06-21-2013, 11:48 AM
how do they class the cars that have aftermarket blowers?

DirtyD
06-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Most likely super car class. If you are blowing the doors off people in that class, then they will bump you to outlaw next go around.

sasquash1984
06-21-2013, 12:12 PM
U beat that gtr guaranteed outlaw

DirtyD
06-21-2013, 12:16 PM
U beat that gtr guaranteed outlaw
Yup.

Rebelracer568
06-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Odd are you'll be in super car or outlaw

01BeansGt
06-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Who wants to do practice runs tonight before the show, imma try and be there by 6 hopefully

If I get there in time, i'm down. Imma try and be there by 6:30ish or a little earlier. I'll be in my 01 gt.

01BeansGt
06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Anybody else going tonight?

Courtesy Flush
06-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Out.

Going fishing early tomm morning.

Midnight11
06-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Going to the coit meet

fordplay
06-21-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm just leaving work... should be there around 8

sasquash1984
06-21-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm still at work hoping to make it

DirtyD
06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
So how'd it go tonight, fellas?

DirtyD
06-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Casey, here is a video I found of you and that yellow Vette last week.

Dy2x8tSEenQ

01BeansGt
06-22-2013, 02:13 AM
So how'd it go tonight, fellas?

I had fun, made it to the second round and lost to sasquash. Great guy btw. I'm looking foward to next week. I just gotta practice my lauching and not get anxious lol.

sasquash1984
06-22-2013, 02:18 AM
the zl1 that was bad last week blew out the foxbody on round 2, I won against a 2012 shelby then 01beans, then back against the zl1 linkenfelter in round 3 final 8, finals were a camaro ss and shelby......but i cant help wondering how a 416 cubic inch motor can beat a gtr. and it was nice meeting someone from the boards, i do know the 5.0's dominated the sportsman with 3 being in the final 4. now who the hell has the blue 5.0 in outlaw shit that car was fast

Midnight11
06-22-2013, 02:29 AM
prob shawn if it was kona blue

01BeansGt
06-22-2013, 02:43 AM
the zl1 that was bad last week blew out the foxbody on round 2, I won against a 2012 shelby then 01beans, then back against the zl1 linkenfelter in round 3 final 8, finals were a camaro ss and shelby......but i cant help wondering how a 416 cubic inch motor can beat a gtr. and it was nice meeting someone from the boards, i do know the 5.0's dominated the sportsman with 3 being in the final 4. now who the hell has the blue 5.0 in outlaw shit that car was fast
It was good meeting you man. I was surprised aswell with the camaro beating the gtr. Lol the blue 5.0 belongs to a friends friend(matt being my friend) lol Matt from Gear Heads was driving it. That thing was on only 8lbs of boost!! Lol and still on stock motor! Lol

5PointSlow
06-22-2013, 08:10 AM
prob shawn if it was kona blue

Wasn't me lol unless there is another dude named Shawn here with a kona blue car.

sasquash1984
06-22-2013, 09:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=sDM4kRM0hCU

fordplay
06-23-2013, 03:13 PM
What was the other mustang club out there??

Courtesy Flush
06-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Casey, here is a video I found of you and that yellow Vette last week.

y2x8tSEenQ

is the link dead? Im just seeing a white box.

Still gotta get the videos i have off the sd card. been lazy.

DirtyD
06-24-2013, 09:30 AM
is the link dead? Im just seeing a white box.

Still gotta get the videos i have off the sd card. been lazy.

Try the link in the original post above. I went back and recopied the link. Should work now.

Courtesy Flush
06-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Try the link in the original post above. I went back and recopied the link. Should work now.

Its working. I can out launch him every time, but he pulls hard up top and i cant keep up. Too bad the one of me knocking him out in the semi finals due to him missing a gear hasn't surfaced. If you missed that race it was so close.
Pedal fest with me edging him out at the very end.

Courtesy Flush
06-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Heres nick picking on a C5

RUL5gX9fxVw

Grandpa
06-24-2013, 10:46 AM
This event looks like fun!

DirtyD
06-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Heres nick picking on a C5

RUL5gX9fxVw
That's not Nic. Headlights aren't HIDs, and the tail lights are 2011-2012.

fordplay
06-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Steve it is fun!!! And... I was even cheering for our camaro driving friends when they were not up against the mustangs.. even when not racing watching the others is a lot of fun.. like watching that diesel truck destroy his steering and drive into the grass!! That was fun.. I'm starting to feel bad for the corvettes though.. getting owned by camaros and mustangs...

Courtesy Flush
06-25-2013, 05:34 PM
That's not Nic. Headlights aren't HIDs, and the tail lights are 2011-2012.

You're right.

How come you didn't post this one?

We would have been a good race had you hit all gears. 4:40 for those interested.

pAo1h4lWpF0

DirtyD
06-25-2013, 06:57 PM
You're right.

How come you didn't post this one?

We would have been a good race had you hit all gears. 4:40 for those interested.

pAo1h4lWpF0

I did, just not in here. Lol

It's the in pics and vids section