3) Detailed pictures of the item(s).

Thanks!

DirtyD
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Steve. I didn't want to be the guy to call someone out...LOL

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Steve. I didn't want to be the guy to call someone out...LOL

No problem, sir. The site is growing pretty steadily now so there is obviously a need for some simple rules for the classifieds if for nothing else to discourage the scammers. :)

46Tbird
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Robert's not a scammer. He works with me. lol

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Robert's not a scammer. He works with me. lol

No one said he was. :confused:

46Tbird
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Your post seemed to allude to that. :confused:
No problem, sir. The site is growing pretty steadily now so there is obviously a need for some simple rules for the classifieds if for nothing else to discourage the scammers. :)

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Your post seemed to allude to that. :confused:

You're reading too much into it. We (Nick and myself) are always talking about stuff that needs to be changed on the site. The post minimum was one of them but never got around to because there wasn't quite enough traffic yet to worry about it. Seeing his very first post on the board as a for sale reminded me of that. But that certainly by no means said anything specifically about Robert. At the very least it's not asking too much for someone to make an intro thread making themselves known before trying to sell something. :)

46Tbird
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
No worries. He just went around the block and took some pictures of his car, lmao.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Cool deal. :)

BLK2012GT
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Good idea Steve.:cheers:

JDBishopArts
01-22-2013, 07:07 PM
I agree Steve, great idea, but I'm going to put in my .02 cents. I think 50 posts might be a little high. What about 20 posts and an intro thread?

Midnight11
01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
50 post is the going rate on other forums

BLK2012GT
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
I agree Steve, great idea, but I'm going to put in my .02 cents. I think 50 posts might be a little high. What about 20 posts and an intro thread?

We kinda want people to participate in the site and the group. We don't want people just to come on here to sell stuff. That's what craigslist and ebay is for.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 08:07 PM

At 20 posts, it's a lot easier just to spam the newbie forum with 20 "welcomes" in no time at all and not really learn who that person is. At 50, it's abit more obvious if they have any intent of really being a member here of just on the board to sell their stuff.

50 post is the going rate on other forums

Yes sir and that is on the conservative side. Quite a few board have moved to 500 with a reporting repuation section. Anything less than 50% and they can't sell at all.

Ear rak
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
This doesnt go for responding to a thread to BUY something, does it?

Midnight11
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
no.

Grandpa
01-22-2013, 10:54 PM
This doesnt go for responding to a thread to BUY something, does it?

No sir. Spend away! :headbang:

Ear rak
01-22-2013, 11:10 PM
No sir. Spend away! :headbang:

:challenge:

brembo12
04-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Well it might take me awhile to get to 50. I have many items on craigslist. tejaspecial ebay 532+ rating.

Dark Pony
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM
You guys need to read the posting rules in regards to ads. Too many new guys posting ads with less than 20 posts. Please read before posting an ad, or it will be removed.

Thanks,

Johnathan

DirtyD
07-24-2013, 04:14 PM
You guys need to read the posting rules in regards to ads. Too many new guys posting ads with less than 20 posts. Please read before posting an ad, or it will be removed.

Thanks,

Johnathan

We need to find a way to lock it down like they do with the post limits for PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Algerene
08-10-2013, 04:21 PM
I don't agree with the 50 post minimum. I am a person that will only comment when I have something meaningful to add to the conversations. Does the 50 post count also include supporting members? I know 50 post is the going rate in the forum community, but maybe that is a little high for this group.

AL

Dark Pony
08-10-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't agree with the 50 post minimum. I am a person that will only comment when I have something meaningful to add to the conversations. Does the 50 post count also include supporting members? I know 50 post is the going rate in the forum community, but maybe that is a little high for this group.

AL

Al,

Thank you for your input. I will say that this is not put in place as a detractor from the forum. The reasoning behind a 50 post minimum, is to get you involved. We want to know who you are. It's very easy for us to let people troll freely about the classifieds, but we sure as heck don't want respected members getting ripped off by someone we don't know. There are several people who go to forums just to unload parts with no interest in that forums community at all. We are different from your run of the mill car forum and intend to do nothing less than what's in the best interest of our members. Thank you for concern and I hope you enjoy the forum!

JDC
08-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I hit the Introduction board to get to 50 post (already had posts before hand). So I could sell my exhaust. I actually read most of the welcomes and said more than just welcome. Noticed many members do the same thing (only posting welcome most the time). Ended up getting resetted to 0 and pretty much was told I need to attent meets. Did I break any rules? This forum is starting to feel a little controlive. Please explain...

JDMLOL
08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
I hit the Introduction board to get to 50 post (already had posts before hand). So I could sell my exhaust. I actually read most of the welcomes and said more than just welcome. Noticed many members do the same thing (only posting welcome most the time). Ended up getting resetted to 0 and pretty much was told I need to attent meets. Did I break any rules? This forum is starting to feel a little controlive. Please explain...

Dark pony explained it pretty well in the post above yours. You obviously hit the welcome boards pretty hard for 50 posts.

Nay
08-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Dark pony explained it pretty well in the post above yours. You obviously hit the welcome boards pretty hard for 50 posts.

And is there a rule against that, I might of missed it

rriddle3
08-11-2013, 12:46 PM
It's in this thread right here (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1010).

JDMLOL
08-11-2013, 12:48 PM
And is there a rule against that, I might of missed it

You're right, the rules doesn't explicitly spell out that you cant post thoughtless comments in the welcome section to bump your post count but it's obvious why the number 50 was chosen, to deter people from doing it. A "thoughtless" comment would be too subjective of a rule that's probably why they used 50 as a quantitative measure thinking it would deter people from flooding the welcome board.

Midnight11
08-11-2013, 12:49 PM
The rules are to help members but I'm pm'ing jdc and will handle it

Nay
08-11-2013, 12:49 PM
It's in this thread right here (http://www.dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=1010).

he had 50 post before his post count was reset

Nay
08-11-2013, 12:51 PM
You're right, the rules doesn't explicitly spell out that you cant post thoughtless comments in the welcome section to bump your post count but it's obvious why the number 50 was chosen, to deter people from doing it. A "thoughtless" comment would be too subjective of a rule that's probably why they used 50 as a quantitative measure thinking it would deter people from flooding the welcome board.

did you actually look at his post, I noticed he made more than just a welcome post.

JDMLOL
08-11-2013, 12:54 PM
did you actually look at his post, I noticed he made more than just a welcome post.

Yes, there were a few that said more than "welcome" but not a ton.

Nay
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Just so everyone knows I am not trying to start any crap, this is a very good mustang site with a lot of good people that are local to DFW, which makes so much better than a lot of the other sites out there. Just saying that technically he followed the rules, not to everyone's liking but they were followed.

Algerene
08-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Dark Pony,

Personally, I appreciate the fact you explained the site's position. There are several sites out there that would have said, If you don't like it, GTFO.

Thanks

Grandpa
08-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Just so everyone knows I am not trying to start any crap, this is a very good mustang site with a lot of good people that are local to DFW, which makes so much better than a lot of the other sites out there. Just saying that technically he followed the rules, not to everyone's liking but they were followed.

He went around the rule and the reason for it. Members wont appreciate it the complete disregard on both your parts.

ochoblanco
08-12-2013, 10:56 AM
Dark Pony,

Personally, I appreciate the fact you explained the site's position. There are several sites out there that would have said, If you don't like it, GTFO.

Thanks

Sounds like somebody has spent some time on s197forum.com lol